Empire of the Setting Sun: A Graphics Timeline

Who became King of Holland if Louis Bonaparte is the King of Corsica?

Are there other constituent kingdoms in United Europa that are ruled by female monarchs besides Rome?

What happened in the late 1910's that caused three Corsican monarchs to die in the span of five years?
The Kingdom of Holland was created for Louis-Alexandre Berthier who took the regnal name Louis III (after the Counts of Flanders).

The Grand Duchy of Etruria is ruled by Maria II of the House of Bourbon-Parma.

Louis IV died of old age in 1915. His son Louis V was killed in a battle during the First Great World War. His younger brother, Louis VI Odo, was in Ajaccio when it was bombed and was found dead among the rubble of The Citadel.

Why did Charles II of Hanover abdicate in 1919?

Did Napoleon still create the Grand Duchy of Berg? And if so, who became the first Grand Duke?

Who is the longest-reigning female United European constituent monarch of all time?

Why did Charles II of Hanover abdicate in 1919?

Did Napoleon still create the Grand Duchy of Berg? And if so, who became the first Grand Duke?

Who is the longest-reigning female United European constituent monarch of all time?
He was forced to by the German Worker's Republic. Georg V had escaped to Paris but Charles stayed behind and was captured.

Berg went to the second son of Louis I of Corsica, OTL Napoleon III. His descendants ruled until 1917 when the Grand Duchy was overthrown by the German Worker's Republic.

That would be Isabella II of Spain. She reigned from the Bourbon Restoration in 1844 until her death in 1904.

Last edited:
Did Napoleon still create the Principality of Lucca and Piombino for his sister Elisa?

Who became Prince of Neuchatel if Louis-Alexander Berthier was made King of Holland?

Are there any other German monarchies that didn't get annexed into the German Worker's Republic besides Hanover?

Did Napoleon still create the Principality of Lucca and Piombino for his sister Elisa?

Who became Prince of Neuchatel if Louis-Alexander Berthier was made King of Holland?

Are there any other German monarchies that didn't get annexed into the German Worker's Republic besides Hanover?
Yes. The line died off in the 1860s and the Principality was not revived.

André Masséna was created Prince of Neuchatel in 1806. His descendants reign to this day.

The Kingdom of Bavaria was not. Neither was Württemberg, now part of Bavaria, or Baden. Oldenburg had been annexed into France during the reign of Napoleon I. Luxembourg is independent.

German Worker's Republic
German Worker's Republic.png
German Parties.png

Germany.png

I couldn't figure out how to make the map fit. External borders are not correct but here is a map.

Henry VIII
Henry VIII

From Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia
User_KiltedKitten_sandbox - Wikipedia (8).png

Not to be confused with Henry VIII of England.
Henry VIII (Heinrich Friedrich Albert Wilhelm; 27 September 1860 - 8 July 1945) was a member of the House of Hohenzollern who reigned as the last President of the Confederation (German: Bundespräsidium) and King of Prussia from 8 June 1903 until his abdication on 8 July 1909. He advocated modernizing and industrializing the North German Confederation. Unfortunately, his plans largely did not progress due to his own autocratic rule. By May 1909, the people were tired of Henry and forced him to abdicate after the Battle of Berlin in July 1909. His abdication brought an end to the North German Confederation, and the House of Hohenzollern's 493-year rule over Brandenburg and 384-year reign in Prussia.

List of Presidents of the North German Confederation: 1838-1909
1. Ludwig II of Hesse and V of Germany: 1838-1848
2. Bernhard II of Saxe-Meinengen and I of Germany: 1848-1882
3. Wilhelm I of Prussia and II of Germany: 1882-1889
4. Friedrich III of Prussia and IV of Germany: 1889-1903
5. Henry I of Prussia and VIII of Germany: 1903-1909

Last edited:
Did any of Augustus I of Hanover's descendants marry into the House of Hanover?

Who was the longest-reigning King of Naples before Gioacchino VIII?

Did Napoleon still made Giulio I of Sardinia Prince of Pontecorvo

Did any of Augustus I of Hanover's descendants marry into the House of Hanover?

Who was the longest-reigning King of Naples before Gioacchino VIII?

Did Napoleon still made Giulio I of Sardinia Prince of Pontecorvo
Yes. Georg VII's grandmother was a Bonaparte.

The second longest-reigning King was Gioacchino II Achille who reigned for 31 years.

Yes. When he was created Prince of Sardinia, the title was held in abeyance.

Was Auguste de Marmont ever made the monarch of a Napoleonic Cadet Kingdom?

When did the last German monarch who was around for the end of the North German Confederation die?

Does Alfonso XV of Spain have any Bonaparte ancestors?

When did the last United European constituent monarch that reigned during the 19th century die?

Was Auguste de Marmont ever made the monarch of a Napoleonic Cadet Kingdom?

When did the last German monarch who was around for the end of the North German Confederation die?

Does Alfonso XV of Spain have any Bonaparte ancestors?

When did the last United European constituent monarch that reigned during the 19th century die?
Yes. He was created Prince of Saint-Malo in 1811. His only child, Princess Claude, reigned until 1874. Her descendants reign to this day as titular Princes.

Ernst II of Saxe-Altenburg died in 1955, forty-six years after the fall of the Confederation. If you stretch the definition to mean living at the time and later a monarch of a ethnic German kingdom, you would have Napoleon VI of United Europa.

Yes. Alfonso XIII married a cousin of Napoleon IV. Alfonso XV is his great-grandson.

Queen Margarita I of Rome reigned from 1896 until her death in 1961. This is largely due to the fact that she came to the throne at age thirteen after the death of her grandfather, Eugenio II.

Who is the longest-reigning United European constituent monarch of all time (excluding Gioacchino VIII of Naples)?

Did the Saxon royal family fled to Poland following the fall of the North German Confederation?

How long has Portugal been ruled by the Miguelist branch of the House of Braganza?

Does Brittany have its own monarchy?

Robert, Prince of the Blood

From Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia
Robert, Prince of the Blood.png

Robert, Prince of the Blood (Robert Charles James Alexander William; 28 March 1864 - 11 June 1957) was a member of the House of Habsburg-Stuart who became the only heir apparent to decline the throne. Robert was born in 1864 to Charles, Prince of Chesapeake and Elizabeth Jefferson. As the only male-line grandson of James I, Robert was expected to inherit the throne. He was schooled from birth in leadership and politics but unfortunately for his tutors, Robert had no desire to rule.

As a teenager, he was sent on a tour of Europe to help broaden his mind. When he was staying in Paris, he fell in love with and married the nineteen year old Wilhelmina of Orange at only seventeen. His father disapproved of this match and crossed the Atlantic to bring Robert back. When Charles reached Paris, he came down with the flu and died two weeks later. Robert and his wife returned to Columbia for the funeral and his investiture as Prince of Chesapeake. To the nation's astonishment, Robert declined the honor and removed himself from the line of succession. As such, Robert's uncle James ascended the throne after his grandfather's death in 1882.

For the next decade, Robert lived in Antwerp with his wife, but it soon became obvious that they had an unhappy marriage. They divorced in 1891, with Robert taking custody of their five children. He remarried in 1894 to Elizabeth Carson, the daughter of the Earl of Taos, and had three children with her. They were married for twenty-eight years until her death in 1922 of brain cancer. After her death, Robert disappeared for several months before turning up in Vladivostok. What he did in those months are still unknown, Robert burned his journals before his death and there were no other accounts of his life. His final marriage was in 1926 to a french photographer, Marine Aubert, whom he would have five children before her early death in a car accident. In his later years, Robert retreated completely from the public eye, only appearing occasionally for his children's wedding, funerals, and the birth of his grandson, Alexander Kamea. Robert died in 1960 at the age of ninety-six at his mansion in St-Tropez.

Who is the longest-reigning United European constituent monarch of all time (excluding Gioacchino VIII of Naples)?

Did the Saxon royal family fled to Poland following the fall of the North German Confederation?

How long has Portugal been ruled by the Miguelist branch of the House of Braganza?

Does Brittany have its own monarchy?
My apologies once again for the delay. My computer has been very patchy over the last few days.

That would be Isabella II of Spain who reigned for sixty years.

That depends on which Saxon duchy you mean. The House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha escaped to Hanover and remain there as a banking family that claims the Duchy. The House of Saxe-Meiningen left for the Grand Duchy of Warsaw and claim the title from there. The House of Saxe-Altenburg fled to Hanover as well and went extinct in the male line. The House of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach also fled to Warsaw and eventually left for Columbia.

The Miguelist branch has ruled since the death of Maria II of Portugal at only nine years old. Miguel I assumed the throne and his descendants have reigned ever since.

No. Napoleon considered it but he decided that he wanted to keep it under his personal control.