Votes: 339 86.5%
  • I liked Golden Eagle more

Votes: 20 5.1%
  • It's okay...

Votes: 25 6.4%
  • I didn't like it

Votes: 8 2.0%

• Total voters
As far as an Empire of North America goes, I prefer my own For Want of a Nail-like timeline, butterflies and all. I love the double-headed eagle flag, though!

Last edited:
The machine of propaganda was turned on, practically making Wellesley a saint, while rewriting history and showing the House of Hannover as an insane mess of degenerates who lost America and almost lost Britannia, only for Lord Wellesley to slay the beasts and save Holy Britannia from the furious hordes of French rapists and savages. Cochrane also exalted his war feats, making himself the successor of Wellesley, and even using his position as head of the Anglican Church to turn the sermons into firely propaganda preaching, comparing the French Emperor to Pharaoh and the Jews who murdered Jesus. Even calling the Britons as “God’s new chosen”, claiming that God abandoned the Jews after the murder of Jesus and instead choosing the Anglo-Saxons as its people.
State-sanctioned alt-British Israelism, anyone?

Yep, things are really going to get dark from now on in the British Isles. And I think we all know what Bellegarde will do right ?
Well, if he treats Germany like he did Spain, I think he's going to be in for a rude awakening. Spain is also going to immolate as soon as they hear Bellegarde is going to be away for a while.

I expect a massive wave of German immigration to the American Empire
Every single Catholic Irish is either going to die, convert, or flee to America at this point. I think the Germans are going to want to stay and beat the crap out of Bellegarde and France.

I’m interested in where exiled nobility are. For instance I doubt that the French bourbons are in England and are probably in Mexico now. I imagine that Augustus of Hannover and his niece Victoria are in Prussia or Sweden.

Berlin+in+1945.jpg

Berlin 1838

XLII: THE GREAT EUROPEAN WAR V
THE GREAT EUROPEAN WAR V

4D163625-8948-4749-81A5-B64D15D1CF03.jpeg

1837 would be the bloodiest year in European history up to that moment, the greatest battle of the western world up to that point would happen in the city of Berlin. After an attack made by Marshal Bellegarde’s forces broke the Prussians in Magdeburg, the Elbe stalemate was broken, with troops from both sides pouring into Brandenburg. The Prussian campaign would last between March and June of 1837, and would result in at least half a million casualties for both sides and the destruction of most of the city. Meanwhile in the south, without the strong hand keeping it down, the fire of rebellion would rise again in Hispania, with the new Lord Protector planning to attack the weakest point of the Alliance.

The attack of Bellegarde came on the 22nd of March of 1837, over 700,000 men, the largest single French force ever assembled up to that moment, converged on the city of Magdeburg, a massed artillery barrage of 500 cannons, mortars, and rockets fired against the city, and the shells did not distinguish between civilians and military men. The attack was followed by the largest bayonet charge in history, with the French suffering heavy casualties crossing the river, but eventually forcing the way through, and the result were the Prussian forces completely overwhelmed. The army marched on after winning the battle of Magdeburg, stretching for miles to go from one flank to another, this massive force was supplied by an equally large logistical force behind, its advance was slow, but it could not be halted.

Russian and Prussian forces were on the move as the Elbe stalemate was rudely broken, troops had to be called to prepare the defenses. Harassing actions and diversion attacks at other points of the line were made to prepare Berlin for the wave that was about to hit it. The largest battle in human history until then would happen at the gates of Brandenburg, starting a month-long campaign of the first true urban warfare, with each building becoming a fortress, streets barricaded, and both sides pouring hundreds of thousands of lives into a meatgrinder. Clausewitz and Bellegarde were very different, one was a very efficient and masterful tactician, and the other was like a brutal barbarian who knows nothing but attack, and they would come into a head in the Battle of Berlin.

The Battle would start on the 30th of April (but some historians prefer to name the 26th as the date of the first engagement between the vanguarda of both armies) with a massive artillery bombardment of the city, “El Terror Franco” inflicted what he was named after. The city would be bombarded for 20 hours until half of Berlin was on fire due to incendiary bombs or reduced to rubble, and when the guns finally halted due to the lack of ammunition, the whole army advanced, fighting individual battles for every street and building. Usually a battle like this wouldn’t last too long, but both sides were decided to take or hold the city to the last man, with units diverted from other fronts to fight in the Prussian capital and its surroundings. It was an attrition battle and the side who sacrificed the most blood to the god of war would be victorious. By the 1st of June, after spending the month of May in endless carnage, the streets were clogged with bodies, rats, crows, and blood, with some streets having so many dead that even Bellegarde himself called for a ceasefire to burn the bodies and clean up for the next day, the morale of the troops was in a all-time low, thousands deserting on both sides.

Heinrich I remained in Berlin, sending away his family and the government officers to Köningsberg for safety, inspiring their men fighting side by side sometimes. Napoleon II visited the battlefield, and in one battle for one of the streets, he led like his father in Arcole, leading by example and charging with a flag, miraculously surviving. Eventually, both sides were exhausted, with the city basically split in two, and it was there that both Napoleon II and Tsar Nicholas I would meet, a temporary truce was made after both monarchs were completely left in shock due to the view of the carnage in the city. The truce would last until July for both sides to recover the bodies and give them back to their families to bury. After the meeting, Napoleon II came back to the tent of command where Bellegarde awaited.

“Sire, how was the meeting ?” Asked a Marshal visibly exhausted from the month of battles.
“I have so much in common with my uncle, heh, maybe if my mother never left Moscow we could’ve been great friends.” Said the Emperor, in a cold voice while trying to get rid of the somber humor.
“The XIV Corps will arrive tomorrow, I’m planning to send th-“
“Marshal Bellegarde, we are retreating.” Napoleon II said in the same cold tune
“What ?! I-I don’t understand...” “El Terror Franco” replied in surprise and disappointment.
“I have made an agreement to a temporary truce across the entire front until the end of the month, we shall use it to regroup and prepare defenses back on the Elbe.”
“B-But sire, we can’t have sacrificed so many resources for nothing !”
“You are right, Marshal, but we cannot win this battle, we can’t continue to throw in men and risk to be flanked , we have to pull back. Besides, what I have seen today is a city with rivers of Blood, Berlin, this place was the one I ordered burnrd, but I have seen women and children, completely innocent, hugging one another, killed by a fire.... this is an order Marshal, I am taking this army west, and you won’t be leading it.”
“Sire ?”
“I think you haven’t been receiving a lot of newspapers here, especially with what’s happening in Hispania.”

08FD8B1F-652F-4101-86B5-3D3F2A8A11FF.jpeg

The moment the news spread that “El Terror Franco” left the nation, dormant rebel cells saw their moment to return. And the signal came on the 8th of May when 50,000 Britons invaded Lisbon, with the local Portuguese garrison defecting and joining them, Beresford was leading this army and the news caused riots in major cities of Andalusia, western Hispania, and Madrid, the Second Peninsular war had begun.

The exiled Kingdoms in the Americas had problems of their own: The Bourbons had just suffered with the loss of its South American Colonies (except Peru who was independent but ruled by another branch of the Borbon), the Directorate of Gran Colombia to the south of Panama was a threat to its southern flank, and the URA recently captured Cuba and could be targeting Saint Domingue and Puerto Rico. Meanwhile, the Portuguese suffered a recent war for the control of the Platine basin with the Directorate of La Plata. Instead, Beresford created a provisional government, inviting D. Miguel (Brother of the Lusitanian Emperor D. Pedro I) to take the throne, knowing that he would accept out of the rivalry against his brother. In Spain, the city of Seville was the first to overthrow the French and create a Junta to govern in the name of the exiled King Carlos, soon most of Portugal and Andalusia was liberated from Hispania spontaneously after several revolts. Terror was a good way to keep the flames of rebellion dead, but once it is gone, it burns brighter than ever. But Bellegarde assured, “El Terror Franco” was coming back.

Last edited:
Here it is, a bloody XXth century battle in the XIXth century, Napoleon II having a reality shock with an unexpected ending for the battle, some sparse news on what happened in the new world, and the second Peninsula war.

“You are right, Marshal, but we cannot win this battle, we can’t continue to throw in men and risk to be flanked , we have to pull back. Besides, what I have seen today is a city with rivers of Blood, Berlin, this place was the one I ordered glassed, but I have seen women and children, completely innocent, hugging one another, killed by a fire.... this is an order Marshal, I am taking this army west, and you won’t be leading it.”
I don't think anyone would be using that word in that context seeing as how nuclear weapons haven't been invented yet.

Napoleon II was smart here. The Prussians were basically crippled and knocked out of the war as any major fighting force. They now have a strong cushion against Russian attack, and now the British have committed themselves in the south

If the Russians are able to keep the ottomans isolated maybe they would just never stop or Romania and the Caucasus. They could push into Bulgaria and greater Armenia. Although I would doubt they could gather the resources to go on such a campaign. Could we see a earlier and more Russian answer to the Greek question?

If the Russians are able to keep the ottomans isolated maybe they would just never stop or Romania and the Caucasus. They could push into Bulgaria and greater Armenia. Although I would doubt they could gather the resources to go on such a campaign. Could we see a earlier and more Russian answer to the Greek question?

After such exhausting battle in Berlin, I don’t think the Russians can do much right now.

Name: Catherine von Wittelsbach
Birthplace: Munich, Bavaria
Date of Birth: 5/14/1813
Sex: Female
Culture: German
Political Leaning: Moderate
Background: Catherine von Wittelsbach is the youngest child and daughter of King Maximilian of Bavaria. While she is the youngest of the children of King Maximilian of Bavaria, she makes up for being the youngest child by being highly intelligent and strong-willed, especially from a young age. As she has grown older, she has become the subject of the attention of many prominent nobles and is seen as many as a potential wife for Emperor Napoleon II. However, as of the "present day" (1837), she is not yet married but it is clear that she is going to be married soon.

Last edited:
Hey, you should just make the character, not already determine it as a major. If I want Napoleon II marrying her I will do it, but don’t say that in your background.