• I liked Golden Eagle more

Votes: 20 5.1%
  • It's okay...

Votes: 25 6.4%
  • I didn't like it

Votes: 8 2.0%

• Total voters
But still, here is a sneak peek:

“While it is our duty to support all the freedom-loving peoples under the oppression of an European power, we cannot do it. If we support this movement, we shall be giving the Southern Hemisphere to Masonry just like the traitorous commonwealths. Miranda is the leader of a Lodge, Bolivar, San Martin and O’Higgins are Grandmasters. If those movements are allowed to triumph, we shall be an nation surrounded by secret orders seeking to bring us down. But at same time, I cannot, in my right mind, support an oppressive Empire that sends its people to die for the ego of one man while leaving his subjects miserable. Neutrality, I say, until the circumstances prove advantageous for us to intervene.”

-Emperor Thomas I to Prime Minister Adams

As for the future Britain vs France chapter:

“You would make a ship sail against the wind and currents by lighting a bonfire under her deck ? I pray you excuse me. I have no time to listen such nonsense.”

“But Sire, j-just let me explain it.”

“You have told me enough, I have had enough of adventurers, charlatans going from city to city to get easy money from Heads of State.”

“Then let me do a demonstration, I promise you I can make the project work, just think of the rewards my success could bring ! Not even Nelson and his HMS Victory could defeat such ship, all the ships of line of Albion will be rendered obsolete ! At least give me one chance.”

“Mr. Fulton, you are insistent. I will make a deal then, your project will get the funds, but if it fails, I shall accuse you of Fraud and you will spend your life in prison.”

“I...”

“Is that a yes or no, I can’t waste more time with you.”

“...yes sire.”

XXX: THE YEAR WITHOUT SUMMER I
XXX: THE YEAR WITHOUT SUMMER I
6DC54F27-4A86-47B2-A8C8-2568DF23791D.jpeg

Between the Battle of Lisbon and the year of 1816, Europe went into an uneasy period of peace. With all Continental rivals destroyed and not yet capable of clashing with the Royal Navy, Napoleon Bonaparte, Emperor of the French, was the absolute master of Europe. While Albion, led by Prime Minister Spencer Perceval, was unable of finding an opening to strike the French, turning instead to raiding shipping in the Mediterranean and North Seas. The British defenses were headed by two men: Lord Admiral Nelson and Lord Wellesley, commanding the Seas and Armies respectively, all while the French and British fought in the Economical War.

Napoleon’s Continental system had the strategy of starving the “Perfidious Albion”, blockading the European Markets from British products, while Britain also blockaded France from foreign Imports. In this brief interlude, the war essentially became a commercial war between the British Empire and its colonies against Europe. One of Napoleon’s indirect allies was Thomas’ American Empire, while not officially in the Continental system or Embargoing the British, the Federalist-dominated Congress raised massive tariffs on foreign products in an effort to pay off the National Debt. The British traders had barely any profit when trading in the Empire, while it found the United Republics as an open market, trading manufactured goods for cotton and tobacco, but they also were forced to tolerate the red-soaked cotton that was produced by slave labor, it appeared that morals were secondary to trade.

But then, something happening on the other side of the world would end this stalemate. In the British-occupied Dutch East Indies, a supervolcano called Mt. Tambora would enter one of the largest registered eruptions of recent human history in 1815. The eruption of the Tambora was so big that the amount of ashes launched in the atmosphere would block out the sun in the Northern Hemisphere. The result was a drop in global temperatures causing crop failures over the world, especially Europe, and suddenly the British situation became much more desperate. While the Continental system could get their food from the rich farmlands of Eastern Europe and Ukraine, the surrounded Islands didn’t have that option and soon started to starve.

It was in that moment that Napoleon decided to strike.

In 1804, the American inventor Robert Fulton would meet the Consul Napoleon, offering him a type of ship that would make even the most powerful Ships of Line obsolete. Napoleon was skeptical but decided to offer him a chance, in 1805, the first Steam Ship would sail in the waters of the Seine. Napoleon demanded the construction of more, made for war, and while they weren’t ready for the Irish campaign, in 1816, while Britain starved, those ships were ready. And with the favorable winds, Napoleon prepared his army to strike Britain, calling his new Admiral, Magon de Mèdine, to lead the French fleet to strike in the Canal.

993F6AEE-F259-4499-9661-BDB00D58B8C4.jpeg

The French spent the last 4 years focused on the navy, modernizing and repairing antiquated ships, while also building up new ones that included the “Ironships”, the resources of all Europe were about to come into fruition in the “Battle of the Channel” on the 6th of May of 1816. Nelson led the outnumbered British navy to meet a combination of French, Russian, Swedish, Danish, and Iberian ships that outnumbered his 2-1. In the middle of the battle, Nelson saw a separate group of 10 ships, little bigger and better armed than a Sloop but still called “Iron Frigates”. His line of ships would meet them during the battle, only to see every shot ricocheted by the Iron hull. Still, the Royal Navy would stand firm in a 3:1 Kill rate against the Continental Alliance, only for a lucky shot seal Nelson’s fate and kill the Lord Admiral during a boarding action, his ship crashing on the beach. The British morale, after the loss of the HMS Victory and with the Iron Frigates joining into the battle, Admiral Collingwood would order a retreat, with the loss of Canadian and Nordic Markets, Britain was suffering under a scarcity of timber, being forced to disengage to be able to continue fighting another day. On that day of May, Napoleon was able to finally beat the Royal Navy in a decisive battle and break the wooden wall (at the cost of half of his combined fleet), landing in Hastings on the next day.

And for the first time since 1066, a French conqueror landed on the British isles.

4A22E1B1-27A2-4DCC-985A-9B9EA36E7F98.jpeg

Last edited:
It's actually Tambora, not Toba; good update, though...

This is reminding me of What Madness Is This? with the invasion of Britain...

What the status of British Army in Britain as of last update?
Ever since escaping Lisbon, the British have been preparing for an inevitable last battle against Napoleon, and in the worst hypothesis would be in the Home islands. As such, Wellesley (Now Commander in Chief of the Army) has expanded the Army defending the home islands to 300,000 men, drilling them for 4 years from the lowest soldier to the highest officer to be one of the best armies in the world, teaching them the mistakes of the Peninsula campaign and listing the best defensible locations against the French.

The British have been preparing for this day ever since 1812, and they surely don’t want the same fate of Lisbon happening in London. There will be no quarter given to Napoleon and his Marshals (That include Davout, Murat, Soult, and the dreaded King of Iberia Bellegarde). Napoleon is about to experience a Total War unlike any he had seen until then.

Prediction: Napoleon gets wrapped up in a siege of London, and the RN counterattacks and cuts off his supply lines, forcing his surrender.
And in the midst of all this, Bellegarde escapes while the other Marshals die with Napoleon in the Battle of London, becoming Emperor of the French and Master of Europe.

...or maybe that’s too dystopian.

And in the midst of all this, Bellegarde escapes while the other Marshals die with Napoleon in the Battle of London, becoming Emperor of the French and Master of Europe.

...or maybe that’s too dystopian.

OR, Napoleon and the Marshals die in the battle, but Bellegrade wins and takes over England, then musters a fleet to reclaim Quebec from the Americans.