Votes: 339 86.5%
  • I liked Golden Eagle more

Votes: 20 5.1%
  • It's okay...

Votes: 25 6.4%
  • I didn't like it

Votes: 8 2.0%

• Total voters
So the South is free but for how long I wonder. Will they continue to have issues like America did with the Articles of Confederation? The Underground Railroad will now cross a national border and there will be no repatriation of property, that's for sure.

while George had set the foundations of the New Jerusalem, you will save the souls of it’s citizens, while your firstborn will not rule, instead your second son will be a great conqueror.
This makes me think that the Emperor will become head of the Episcopalian Church and help unify the second awakening. Saving the souls is somewhat vague, could be increasing the piety of everyone, new equality laws, weaving people from slavery, who knows. The conqueror second son I assume will be TTL of the mexican-texas war, maybe rolled together with taking back the South, if that is even desirable.

By the way, you guys shouldn’t exactly take the “Prophecies” really seriously, since we are avoiding ASBs, they are results of PTSD and Shell Shocks. They just had the coincidence of working until now.

So people don’t call me out on having a Mary Sue empire that wins every conflict and it becomes a boring wank.
The Union largely defeated the confederacy due to a complete usage of massive industrial strength and population advantage. With the occupation of Canada and the far earlier start before there's a significant industrial explosion, a southern victory is far easier to obtain.
By the way, you guys shouldn’t exactly take the “Prophecies” really seriously, since we are avoiding ASBs, they are results of PTSD and Shell Shocks. They just had the coincidence of working until now.
The prophecies can be analogous to those seen by Constantine or Joan of Arc. Both are hugely cited in the historical record whatever the reason behind them, so Washington or Thomas aren't that out of whack

For Washington, it could've been just a dream, that could've been what he was wanting to hear, a warm place to be rather than where he currently was, and his mind thinking the government was corrupt for not sending supplies.

Interesting to see Quebec as a Grand Duchy inside the Empire. I think as long as the Americans respect Quebec's language rights there shouldn't be too much resentment although I see a small but vocal minority advocating for independence well into the modern day. Maybe one way to bind Quebec closer is for Thomas to make the heir apparent title "Prince of Quebec" or "Prince of Montreal".

The South getting independence is surprising but its 1807 and its boxed in by the Empire since the Empire retains New Orleans and the Louisiana Purchase so I see it lasting 30-40 years before its conquered by or is forced to join back with the Empire