Emperor Valdemar (III) of England, Denmark, Norway and Flanders

Researching for this thread I stumbled across something interesting.

A little background history:
Following the Norman conquest King Svend Estridson of Denmark and Norway sends off an expedition to raid Northumbria. The expedition take off 1069 and is only paid off by William 1070 after having raided York.

The interesting thing is that Svends son Cnut the Holy were on the expedition and he would later prepare another go at England but first he was off to secure allies 1082 marrying Adele daughter of Count Robert of Flanders.
Robert apparently promised to support Cnuts design on England but the expedition scheduled for 1085 never got off and the year after Cnut was killed by rebellious men of the leidang.

But the relation with Flanders lingered on as Cnuts widow queen Adele took their son Charles on to Flanders where he would later become Count (and killed 1127 in a church during a rebellion like his father!).

The relation to Flanders was to be renewed by Valdemar II who would have Berengaria of Portugal as his second wife. They married 1213 but Berengaria died 1221.
The first wife, the most beautiful and beloved Dragomira/Dagmar of Bohemia died 1212 but had given birth to the prince Valdemar (III) the chosen King. He would die in a hunting accident 1231 but had married Eleonore of Portugal 1229.
Portugal is interesting in this because Berengarias brother Fernando of Portugal married Joanna of Flanders 1212 becoming Count of Hainault and Flanders following Joannas father Baldwin VI; who had been created Baldwin I of Constantinoble 1204!!!

Thus Valdemar II and his son chosen to be King Valdemar III had married into not only the royal family of Portugal but also become family of the Latin Emperor of Constantinoble and renewed relations with the County of Flanders. Not bad if Valdemar II really was going for the crown of England.

All came to nought as Valdemar II got badly wounded in the Battle of Bornhöved 1227, his son the chosen King Valdemar (III) died in a hunting accident 1231 - Valdemars wife Eleonore died giving birth to their daughter Sophie that same year; Fernando Count of Hainault and Flanders died 1233 without issue.
Berengaria had died 1221.
But to remake the relation with the Portuguese royal house and probably to Flanders, Valdemar (III) married into the family 1229.

To me it seems Valdemar III had been chosen by his father to have the glory of Empire of England, Denmark, Norway and Flanders but unfortunately he died in a hunting accident at age 22.

But WI Valdemar III had not been killed 1231?
Would he have been in a position to establish such an Empire? Could he succeed in claiming Hainault-Flanders and go on to conquer England thus rebuild the empire of the North Sea?

An interesting aside is that the King of Denmark, King of Bohemia, King of Portugal and Count of Flanders were all Vassals of St. Peter.
And the Count of Flanders were Emperor of Constantinoble - if only in name and related to the Kings of Jerusalem and the royal house of England.

I actually think Valdemar II tried to pave the way for his son to great glory!