Votes: 122 63.9%
  • Okay...

Votes: 44 23.0%
  • Meh...

Votes: 16 8.4%
  • It's Bad

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters
So i guess the GAM and OPM still exist and still will do their rebelion thing i wonder do the south mollucan (RMS) still want to separate?

And on the topic of military governor what is the update on okinawa (now an official us territory) and also did the us still keep their battleships (which they do otl) and the captured german cruiser prinz eugen (or maybe they give back the prinz eugen to the german?)

Last edited:
I have some questions regarding the Polish people living on the territories taken by the Germans during the Polish Seizure. For starters, what do they feel in regard of the sudden takeover, and what is their opinion when they found out that the Hohenzollern had returned to essentially rule over the Polish people living in the area?
The reason I've asked this because historically, the Hohenzollern (and the Prussia in general) had been notably racist toward the Poles on who they thought as 'uncultured'. Much of these century-long mindset can be traced back to the conflict between early Polish kingdom against the Germanic Teutonic Knights, so much so that Hitler, despite his distaste on the German monarchy, even used this historical context to justify his wholesale genocide over the Polish people.
Even today, the Hohenzollern and Prussian rule over Poland we're seen as one of the Poland's national tragedy just second before Holocaust, on account of their historic attempt to eradicate 'backward' Polish culture. There are reason why the OTL East Germans and current German state, who are keen to maintain good relation with Poland, made virtually no attempt to object the Oder-Naisse plan.

Idjon Djambi continued to like as OTL, although there are his subordinates who were fellow Dutch as well. However, only one of them became friends with Suharto, which rose in politics. (No names for not spoiling :))
That is very interesting do some dutch people of importance (for example G.J Berenschot (OTL died in a plane crash but i was hoping he would survive ittl since i heard he is a capable military general),H.T poorten,G.N Hakkenberg etc) still serve in some way in the military or civil administration in indonesia and also do some place still retain their old name or spelling? (Mount wilhelmina,for de kock,konigsplein etc) if so could you gove some example on the old names still retaining their old dutch name/spelling

I have some questions regarding the Polish people living on the territories taken by the Germans during the Polish Seizure. For starters, what do they feel in regard of the sudden takeover, and what is their opinion when they found out that the Hohenzollern had returned to essentially rule over the Polish people living in the area?
The reason I've asked this because historically, the Hohenzollern (and the Prussia in general) had been notably racist toward the Poles on who they thought as 'uncultured'. Much of these century-long mindset can be traced back to the conflict between early Polish kingdom against the Germanic Teutonic Knights, so much so that Hitler, despite his distaste on the German monarchy, even used this historical context to justify his wholesale genocide over the Polish people.
Even today, the Hohenzollern and Prussian rule over Poland we're seen as one of the Poland's national tragedy just second before Holocaust, on account of their historic attempt to eradicate 'backward' Polish culture. There are reason why the OTL East Germans and current German state, who are keen to maintain good relation with Poland, made virtually no attempt to object the Oder-Naisse plan.

Hmm, quite an interesting view you give me there.

I indeed understand that Hohenzollern had a foul attitude towards the Polish. However, I am completely certain that Louis Ferdinand is not unlike his grandfather or any of his previous ancestors. This House had experienced how racism was terrible and horrible. Seeing how the German Empire became the Third Reich, everyone in Germany changes. This new Hohenzollern is changing from its dark past. Besides, the Monarchs are rotational, in 1978 the current leader is now the Hapsburgs. The kept an 8-year rotational period between 5 monarchs. Furthermore, the monarchs are the mere head of state, and even diminished as a nation's icon. It was like Britain OTL, but even the Monarchs had a limited reign. This complicated process reshaped the monarchy as democratic-friendly, and certainly reduce the former image from the past.

For the Polish perspective, they needed to choose between the Soviet Union or the Federal Kingdom of Germany. During the World Wars, the Polish knew immediately after the Soviet counter-attack that the regime was nothing different than the old one. Tyranny and oppression still became common. Furthermore, Poland was ruined by the Polish Seizure and wanted everything to leave the Soviet Union. For Germany, who was also involved in the seizure, that Germany was Germany from the Soviet Union, a satellite state.

In addition to it, how Germany decided to 'repay' all those crimes by rebuilding West Prussia and East Prussia, but with those regions under a Polish majority, was one thing that appeased the population also. The people only wanted peace and prosperity, if the past-bully could repent and change, why won't give them a chance?

That is very interesting do some dutch people of importance (for example G.J Berenschot (OTL died in a plane crash but i was hoping he would survive ittl since i heard he is a capable military general),H.T poorten,G.N Hakkenberg etc) still serve in some way in the military or civil administration in indonesia and also do some place still retain their old name or spelling? (Mount wilhelmina,for de kock,konigsplein etc) if so could you gove some example on the old names still retaining their old dutch name/spelling

Everything in Java and Sumatra was changed, because of the society's deep hatred against the colonization, although they kept civil on living with few Dutchs. There is still small Dutch presence here and there around Indonesia-proper. In Papua meanwhile, there was not attempted on Nasution to change anything. OTL Mount Trikora is still Mount Wilhelmina, although that was changed later in the 1990s.

As a short conclusion, Indonesia was leaving all European presence behind, changing names one by one, especially Dutch and English presence. But, Raffles remained a strong good figure in Indonesia, because how he was moderate compared to other General Governors (Especially Dutchs). Because of that, Rafless names in Singapore is not changed.

So i guess the GAM and OPM still exist and still will do their rebelion thing i wonder do the south mollucan (RMS) still want to separate?

And on the topic of military governor what is the update on okinawa (now an official us territory) and also did the us still keep their battleships (which they do otl) and the captured german cruiser prinz eugen (or maybe they give back the prinz eugen to the german?)
RMS is a defunct separatist organization and exiled like-OTL to the Netherlands.

Okinawa is still an official US territory, but I don't think will continue on as such. As Germany is a ally the US need in Europe, probably Prinz Eugen was returned for cooperation. And US still keeps their battleships.

RMS is a defunct separatist organization and exiled like-OTL to the Netherlands.

Okinawa is still an official US territory, but I don't think will continue on as such. As Germany is a ally the US need in Europe, probably Prinz Eugen was returned for cooperation. And US still keeps their battleships.
I have 2 question:

1.will the RMS cause problem in the netherlands like they did OTL (plotting to kidnap the queen,hijacking a dutch train,attacking the indonesian consulate etc) i think it would be interesting of you touch up on separatism issue on your next update (and not just in indonesia but also the whole world)
2.will the german rename the prinz eugen once they receive them (and since it is a cruiser will this make the prinz eugen their flagship?) And also ehat did the german call their ships now do they return on calling their ships SMS? (Seiner Majestät schiff)

On a sidenote i think the us should keep okinawa permanently (making them a state is a good option maybe putting people like daniel inouye for the position of he governor might help) because the location is strategic (near the ussr and china)

Last edited:
12.5. The Triumvirate: Situations Pre-election 1978
The Trade and Economy Minister’s office was a pathetic one. Even though Indonesia was officially noted as the fastest growing nation in the world currently, the ministerial’s offices were a bummer. Working in a colonial building that was constructed in the early 20th century, Frederik Trihandoko thought that at least most of the government buildings must be expanded.

With the approval from Premier Subandrio itself, every ministry was expanded almost twice of its original size, doubling Indonesia’s public sector personnel from 432000 to 864000. Not all of the sectors were increased equally, the Trade Minister was expanded nearly thrice-fold, as it was proven to be extremely profitable.

For the past five years, Trihandoko formed a mixed-economy system to be implemented in Indonesia. A mix of government planned economy and laissez-faire, Trihandoko distinguished what sector was strategical for government and what sector is not. Although Trihandoko said that every raw material must be processed by government-owned companies, the cost was beyond the profit.

So, Trihandoko started with nationalizing rubber and oil, the two most important sectors of the raw industry. While oil nationalization was faced with fierce opposition, rubber, on the other hand, went relatively smoothly. With just a few years, the entire rubber production in Sumatra was taken over by the government. Controlling Sumatra was extremely vital, as it comprised nearly 60% of the total rubber production. In addition to it, Malaya’s rubber was nationalized also, giving Indonesia’s Perkanas the largest raw rubber company in the world.

In the oil sector, it faced disputes with foreign corporations, as they held Nasution’s promise of permission clearance. Nasution had promised Chevron and Total that they would own several oil blocks in Indonesia. He gave the Mahakam Sector to the United States, while gifted the Timor Sector to France. Even as they received a significant portion, the Americans just could not stand France also profiteering in Indonesia, so they would attempt to reduce French presence in Indonesia for the years to come.

Trihandoko, meanwhile, did not try to nationalize the minerals sector. He witnessed that foreign ore enterprises boosted Papua’s growth, and even giving the government a decent amount of revenue. However, he also blocked any further attempts for foreign companies to infiltrate Indonesia’s natural resources. Papua was benefited from it, and for him, that’s enough. Although slowly, Trihandoko swept Nusantara’s ore hotspots and gave them to Indonesian private companies, granting them an opportunity to compete against the foreign ones.

For his job as the minister for economy, Trihandoko was most delighted with how Singapore managed to maintain its ‘global city’ status even though neglected by the government. A mix of diversity, negligence and shadows of the British rule kept Singapore as a busty port city. He even cooperates with Singapore’s Governor to maybe helped Batam improved a bit. As Johor Sultanate was also involved, he, therefore, created the Sijori Agreement, giving more exclusive economic permits to those regions to grow.

His job was eased by Subandrio, which negotiate with most friendly of the nobles and monarchs. The Sultans in Malaysia endorsed the PPP party and had assisted Trihandoko by renting the government land for raw rubber production. The monarch also partially funded manufactures across Malaya. Those monarchs had been so rich that they made a sub-company of Perkanas called Indokaret. It controls Peninsular Malaysia’s rubber plantations and partly small processed manufactories.

Trihandoko’s relation with the Duo Sultans of Java is also pleasant. Probably because of Hatta’s influence and history with those houses, Sultan of Yogyakarta and Surakarta helped Trihandoko also with renting the government their crown lands. However, unlike the crowns in Malaya, these Javanese nobles pressed Trihandoko to establish industries instead. Because of that, the two kingdoms industrialized faster than the surrounding Central Java areas.

Trihandoko’s greatest obstacle, was actually from inside the coalition, from the farmer and labours allying to PKI. Needing a higher wage than their obligations of work, most labours stroke against their lords, even on the most moderate ones. Trihandoko complied at first but finally ignored them after a series of demands. For him, it was ‘Give someone an inch and they’ll take a mile’. The Presidency also objected the demands of the labour, giving at least one common similarities.

“Sir, the labours in Semarang are striking again. The demand their quality of life to be improved, and also more wages.”, Trihandoko’s subordinate commented.

“We have given them Rp 3000 a month, even if they buy food at the restaurants, they still had at least 800 to spare. Tell them to sod off.”

It was the umpteenth time the labours, especially in Semarang to strike again and again. The PKI was too high that these labours are acting more than they should. Subandrio has told Trihandoko that we still need to embrace them as coalition partners until we reach a solid majority. Trihandoko is told to only reject at the most bizarre offer. That Rp 3000 is that offer.

“Suprapto, how is our mining companies in Kalimantan?”, Trihandoko asked his Chief Director of Mineral Corporations.

“Our sources in Banjarmasin found a decent coal deposit somewhere near the coast. We had reached investor all across Indonesia, but most of the interested originated from foreigners?”

“Who exactly?’

“The Germans.”

Trihandoko processed the information, perplexed at first. “The Germans? I thought they merely intrigued with scientific cooperation. How about the Americans? And maybe the Japanese?”

“The Americans were too busy fulfilling their oil deficit. The Japanese only preferred metals for their electronic industries. We are not exactly sure why the Germans but we are satisfied that they funded almost 75% of our projects there.”

“75%? Why haven’t you told me about this? 75% is enough for them to take over our companies like theirs. Suprapto, please sent an agent to watch over their movements, I don’t feel so relaxing about this.”

After Suprapto left, Trihandoko called Subandrio about this matter. Trihandoko noticed that few German enterprises were infiltrating some sectors of the economy unnoticed. He needed to converse with the Premier about this matter. He wondered if this was some sort of play Nasution was doing.

---------------------------------------------​

Suharto threw a rapid-fire of cussing words towards the letter he received. The Republic of China, now only remained as Taiwan, had told that the Spratly League needs to be disbanded because of the Spratlys belonged to them. That news was bluffing matter until it seemed that Japan supported Taiwan. Suharto knew that if Japan seemed to back Taiwan, the United States is in some sort of play. The wretched son from hero-in-exile Chiang Kai Sek is claiming islands that they cannot protect.

Suharto being the foreign minister was fun yet frustrating. Seeing how complex politics in the world was giving Suharto the bald head. Nasution needed to appease the French, but also not trying to anger the United States. This series of bad deals maybe sort of damaged Nasution’s reputation currently but more inflicting on Suharto’s visit to major countries. Luckily, like fellow military personnel, Suharto discovered new friends all across South America’s juntas, having their endorsement of Indonesia.

In Africa, the situation is coming to a mess as disease outbreak, war and twisted diplomacy seemed to keep the continent on fire. Angola is winning against the South Africans, as Namibian and Botswanan separatists fired after a stalemate on the war. Congo DR is fighting the Congo Republic because of the Prime Minister of Congo contracted Ebola in Brazzaville and dies. In Nigeria, the whole fiasco of Biafra ended up in a bigger way as Biafra is trying to form the Republic of Benin, and religious tension is rising. Eritrea, Ethiopia and Uganda had turned communist and the red scare in Kenya and Tanzania is rising.

Conditions in Europe, however, reached only tensions diplomatically, but not militarily. France and Germany still kept their century of hatred. The big red of the East is still a driving force of EEC. Poland is revolting again, this time with a fascist movement from Warsaw.

--------------------------------------
This is the final chapter of the pre-election campaign. From this one, we would see more on how the Triumvirate battles Nasution.

I have 2 question:

1.will the RMS cause problem in the netherlands like they did OTL (plotting to kidnap the queen,hijacking a dutch train,attacking the indonesian consulate etc) i think it would be interesting of you touch up on separatism issue on your next update (and not just in indonesia but also the whole world)
2.will the german rename the prinz eugen once they receive them (and since it is a cruiser will this make the prinz eugen their flagship?) And also ehat did the german call their ships now do they return on calling their ships SMS? (Seiner Majestät schiff)

On a sidenote i think the us should keep okinawa permanently (making them a state is a good option maybe putting people like daniel inouye for the position of he governor might help) because the location is strategic (near the ussr and china)

1. Yes, RMS would cause problems like OTL.
2. The Germans would maybe rename it as such. And maybe also as flagship. The also returned their ships titles as SMS.

1. Yes, RMS would cause problems like OTL.
2. The Germans would maybe rename it as such. And maybe also as flagship. The also returned their ships titles as SMS.
Well i hope the situation doesnt get too ugly but then again it would be interesting to see what will they do there, and on the whole separatism thing basically indonesia problem stay the same (RMS,GAM,OPM) i wonder do the extremist like jemaah islamiyah will also play a bigger role in indonesia homeland security threat

Man semarang i hope semrang doesnt turn out to be a pki stronghold on another note nice touch on the nigerian biafran conflict i have several wuestiin regarding the world.

1.do some old countries still retain their old flag? (For exampla canada with it's red ensign etc) if so can you give us some example.
2.since you said that the prc are still pretty does this mean they did not conquer tibet and do they still go to war with the vietnamese (north vietnam i guess ittl) (im reffering to the 1979 vietnam war)
3.with the israeli gone (well the state of israel is gone bot its people) who created the uzi
4.if let's say there is a move in which the turkish monarchist (let's call them ottoman restorer) wanted to restore it's monarchy (and maybe claim some lands in the middle east not in the balkans will the us support it?
5.on the topic of the balkans which side does yugoslavia supports the most since tito has a bad relationship with moscow
6.i wonder since you said that the service rifle is m14 will the indonesian finds a better alternative (like for example the ar-10 or the mini 14 or maybe the FAL) and since we are on the topic of military which sidearm does the indonesian use (the walther p38 maybe since its cheap or maybe the m1911) and what mg did it us (B.A.R maybe or using swiss made lmg or maybe m60?)
7.and also this is a little bit off topic but what is the current us air force one (maybe they chose the dc 10 over the 747 ittl? I also wonder do the president of indonesia have an official ppabe transport (like the current one) but since the indonesian territory got expanded what aircraft did they end up choosing?

Last edited:
did international conference on the law of the sea happen yet?

Will the dispute in south china sea become something like now though? As the resources is not being discover yet

Man semarang i hope semrang doesnt turn out to be a pki stronghold on another note nice touch on the nigerian biafran conflict i have several wuestiin regarding the world.

1.do some old countries still retain their old flag? (For exampla canada with it's red ensign etc) if so can you give us some example.
2.since you said that the prc are still pretty does this mean they did not conquer tibet and do they still go to war with the vietnamese (north vietnam i guess ittl) (im reffering to the 1979 vietnam war)
3.with the israeli gone (well the state of israel is gone bot its people) who created the uzi
4.if let's say there is a move in which the turkish monarchist (let's call them ottoman restorer) wanted to restore it's monarchy (and maybe claim some lands in the middle east not in the balkans will the us support it?
5.on the topic of the balkans which side does yugoslavia supports the most since tito has a bad relationship with moscow
6.i wonder since you said that the service rifle is m14 will the indonesian finds a better alternative (like for example the ar-10 or the mini 14 or maybe the FAL) and since we are on the topic of military which sidearm does the indonesian use (the walther p38 maybe since its cheap or maybe the m1911) and what mg did it us (B.A.R maybe or using swiss made lmg or maybe m60?)
7.and also this is a little bit off topic but what is the current us air force one (maybe they chose the dc 10 over the 747 ittl? I also wonder do the president of indonesia have an official ppabe transport (like the current one) but since the indonesian territory got expanded what aircraft did they end up choosing?
1. Canada would maybe retain their old flag after British slight movement towards nationalism.
2. China is still very silent on the 70s, no movements involved. Tibet is still incorporated as OTL in 1950, and so far there are no opposition brewing.
3. Uzi was found in 1954, that was long before Israeli's destruction in the 60s.
4. I post Turkey in a vague manner that the Soviet Union somehow put Turkey as a satellite state.
5. Definitely France
6. I think the Ar-10 would be used in the military. For sidearm, I guess the M1911 as Walther p38 was American. For machine gun, I guess the M60.
7. The Air Force One is VC-137C SAM 26000. In Indonesia, I think they bought the DC 10 for the Presidency.
did international conference on the law of the sea happen yet?

Will the dispute in south china sea become something like now though? As the resources is not being discover yet
There is some glimpse of oil found in the archipelago. And the Republic of China is just having a maniac President, that's all.

So a new chapter just came out. Good to know
“Sir, the labours in Semarang are striking again. The demand their quality of life to be improved, and also more wages.”, Trihandoko’s subordinate commented.

“We have given them Rp 3000 a month, even if they buy food at the restaurants, they still had at least 800 to spare. Tell them to sod off.”
So how strong the ITTL rupiah currency in this version of Indonesia? Quite obviously, it wouldn't as ridiculously weak like the OTL rupiah as this line implies. Probably like OTL Malaysian ringgit or Singaporean dollar perhaps.
So, Trihandoko started with nationalizing rubber and oil, the two most important sectors of the raw industry. While oil nationalization was faced with fierce opposition, rubber, on the other hand, went relatively smoothly. With just a few years, the entire rubber production in Sumatra was taken over by the government. Controlling Sumatra was extremely vital, as it comprised nearly 60% of the total rubber production. In addition to it, Malaya’s rubber was nationalized also, giving Indonesia’s Perkanas the largest raw rubber company in the world.

In the oil sector, it faced disputes with foreign corporations, as they held Nasution’s promise of permission clearance. Nasution had promised Chevron and Total that they would own several oil blocks in Indonesia. He gave the Mahakam Sector to the United States, while gifted the Timor Sector to France. Even as they received a significant portion, the Americans just could not stand France also profiteering in Indonesia, so they would attempt to reduce French presence in Indonesia for the years to come.
So in regard of national economy, these two resources are indeed important. However, in regard of the rubber monopoly, you might want this ITTL Indonesia to start diversifying its cash crop industries, ramping up its rubber-related manufacturing industries (which is a must) or (in case of OTL Malaysia) to shift further into the more stable palm oil industry. I might need to remind you that in our timeline, the rubber price will start dropping during the 80's due to the synthetic rubber craze started by the Western nation, and began to stabilize its price only at the mid 90's when the cost to produce synthetic rubber become hilariously expensive compared to the natural one, but even then, the rubber price afterward wasn't as high and profitable as it used to be. It will be very useful if you want to keep Indonesian economy strong when the story enters the 1980's, especially when the manufacturing sectors like gloves, tires etc could take advantage from the lower price to counteract the potential rubber market decline.

Nationalizing oil is a bit difficult though, but for the starters France could be the initial punching bag. Considering that they essentially (and accidentally) stabbing Indonesian back by supporting Thai's adventure, sparking a minor diplomatic dispute (albeit risky) could be a good option for this purpose. And should the nationalization process complete, it is wise for Pertamina to start exploring foreign oil sources and diversify its income sources with refinery, shipping etc. You might want to refer the OTL Malaysian Petronas on how to achieve that, especially if you planning for Pertamina to be a new seven sister company ITTL.

1. Canada would maybe retain their old flag after British slight movement towards nationalism.
2. China is still very silent on the 70s, no movements involved. Tibet is still incorporated as OTL in 1950, and so far there are no opposition brewing.
3. Uzi was found in 1954, that was long before Israeli's destruction in the 60s.
4. I post Turkey in a vague manner that the Soviet Union somehow put Turkey as a satellite state.
5. Definitely France
6. I think the Ar-10 would be used in the military. For sidearm, I guess the M1911 as Walther p38 was American. For machine gun, I guess the M60.
7. The Air Force One is VC-137C SAM 26000. In Indonesia, I think they bought the DC 10 for the Presidency.

There is some glimpse of oil found in the archipelago. And the Republic of China is just having a maniac President, that's all.
Oh wow so ittl yugoslavia supported the french now that is interesting what about the albanian since they are also didnt have a good relationship with the soviets (in albania case they choose the prc) do they still stay the same otl?

On a sidenote i thought the walther P38 was german did the american ends up using the walther P38 as their sidearm?

5. Definitely France

Ah okay i wonder what is china policy regarding north vietnam and their new neighbour the south korean

I also wonder will mcdonnel douglas survived as an independent company ittl?

How wealthy will Indonesia get (living standards)TTL, I like how Lee Kuan Yew prominent, maybe during modern day a similar housing program with OTL Singapore?

Far more tourism potential than Singapore though given Madagascar and all of Indonesia, Malaysia, and Papua.

Also Madagascar can become a good Indian ocean trading port for nations like the UAE, Saudi, Iran, and East African nations.

Also resources and hard power will have advantage here too, the largest islands like Sumatra Java, Borneo and Madagascar could all have high speed rail which could help interconnect.

Perhaps Indonesia can develop a strong domestic defense industry, steps newly industrial nations such like Tawain, South Korea, Israel, and Japan have done?

Also Kia, Toyota, Honda, Hyundai...perhaps domestic Indonesian auto industry?

Last edited:
12.6. The Triumvirate: Stories
13 March 1978
New York, the United States

A PPP diplomat Adam Malik has become the Permanent Representative for the United Nations since 1974. So far greater than his predecessors, Adam Malik is one of the rare PPP diplomats that was picked by Nasution itself. Usually, the President would pick a person from his party, albeit how distant his expertise was to diplomacy. Almost four years as a representative, now Adam Malik completely grasped international relation easily. Adam Malik, although responsible to the President, also refer to Subandrio for party’s strategies. Subandrio is confident about winning the 1978 election, as Nasution’s power is weakening, and reputation is waning. He then started planning for his foreign policies, and Adam Malik was his right-hand man.

He was looking at this March report to Subandrio, looking slightly thicker than the previous months. He looked again for checking any miswriting. He only sighed unknowingly as this would be a nasty report.

The United Nation had become a diplomatic mess. The Five Members of the Permanent Security Council cannot fathom an understanding with each other, oblivious with other’s decision. The United States’ immediate measures to end the war in Angola and Mozambique ended up with a British opposition. While the US demanded Portugal to let them free, Britain and her South African puppet persisted for a long war, because they knew that time favours Britain. In Congo, another war happens because of the miserable death of Congo DR’s Prime Minister from infecting in its neighbour’s capital city. In Nigeria, the whole conflict between Nigeria and Biafra ended up in a more crimpled Nigeria as after Benin was liberated, the Muslims and the Christians are now fighting each other. Kenya and Tanzania suffered coups that were a result of the red scare from the North. Africa is a mess.

In South America, more suppression from the military junta government continues. Brazil, Argentina and Chile formed a pro-military pact for defence against communism and socialism. This pact, however, although wasn’t bestowed by the Americans, Carter secretly aided them to stay in power. It was lucky that communist movements in Central America and Colombia helped the remaining nations on South America to fight. This pact, however, is infamously known for the suppression it does, and this matter was brought up first by the French Republic. The Soviet Union imposed sanctions on Yugoslavia because they had infiltrated government administrations in Soviet-satellite Romania. Known better for the Danube Scandal, the espionage and sabotage that follows prompts them for a potential war in the Balkans.

China is eerily quiet in all that diplomatic chaos. However, Adam Malik knows exactly what are they planning, and that alone have shivered him. He found that China wants India to return to its pre-British territories, forming an Indian Union. Therefore, it would target Pakistan and Bangladesh, the Islamic brothers of Indonesia. Adam Malik then discovered that China sought for global dominance from the lessons of the old, controlling the Silk Road, by land and by sea. Even though this is still early, an Indian-Chinese sphere is happening. There is no way Indonesia and all her allies could fight the two giants uniting, even though the United States is involved. Luckily, the Soviet Union also noticed this and started to solidify its control in Central Asia to counter early Chinese expansion.

Adam Malik is an observer, not a problem-solver. He only can process the information, but not dealing with one. Seeing how tangled the world has become is worrying him, because one day, maybe he alone cannot understand what he is observing. The United Nations is not becoming a peace-maker as it should have been, rather it becomes yet another League of Nations. The difference was that while LoN was weak, the UN was full of contradicting plans, restraining them from any progress.

And then, with just a simple stroke, Adam Malik froze in his finding, completely frightened with his realization. Another world war is forming; these all are the first symptoms.

==================================​
Toliara, Indonesian Republic of Madagascar

Henry Raharimalala is the leader of the PSDM in Madagascar. Well, PSDM is a regional party, and now it is uniting with the sister party PPP. PPP and PSDM technically have the same ideologies, view, only different in ethnic voters. There was some scare that incorporating PSDM would mean Madagascans would have little to no voice in the government, completely outnumbered with Indonesian politicians. However, Subandrio had remarked to him that the fourth largest island is not something we can ignore, especially the potentials that island has.

The explorers from Java had discovered platinum in some regions in Madagascar, which boosted more industry into the island. The five-year stimulus from Subandrio for increasing fabric manufacturies. But, the stimulus completely disregards any other valuable resources Madagascar can exploit, like vanilla. Subandrio told him that not everyone would be benefited by the money Indonesia can earn. Even in Java, the wasteful prestigious plans of Nasution is ruining houses.

Meanwhile, LKY visited the island a few months ago, and uncover countless tourism spots. Just like Bali, Madagascar is also an island of wonders, exotic nature and wildlife. LKY promised that, immediately after inauguration as Premier, he will transform backwater Madagascar into a decent industrialized island.

Raharimalala’s objective is simple – to accumulate votes so PPP could have the absolute majority in Madagascar. Although Tsiranana’s influence paints the island as socialist-backers, PNI-R has established several party offices in multiple Madagascar towns, appeasing young enlists of Madagascar Regional Army (MRA). In return of his success, he would be seated as one Senate in Jakarta, a dream that Raharimalala had wanted to fulfil.

==================================​
20 km Outside of Balikpapan

Frederik Trihandoko is observing the Makassar Strait from the Bell UH-1 Iroquois Helicopter. This American-made was used for the Nicaraguan War but never reached there because the war had already ended. Therefore, Indonesia bought 15 of these and was used to carry high government officials during field trips, especially in regions where there was no land access. Trihandoko needs to be here because of Total’s Off-Shore Oil Rig, located near the Mahakam Blok Chevron has taken over. This is the first name-changing after France’s betrayal with allying Thailand. Subandrio threatened France that helping Thailand in annihilating Indochina means Indonesia would cost. The threat went into the left and right, and Subandrio clears the threat with the takeover of France’s most valuable oil rig in Indonesia.

Built in the early half of the 70s, the Total Voyageur was the first semi-submersible in Indonesia, or possibly entire Asia. It drilled the Mahakam Oil Reserve, part of the largest oil deposit to be found in Indonesia. Regardless of the abundance, Total is dwarfed by the larger Chevron drillships cluster. Today, Voyageur is taken over by Pertamina, and Trihandoko is coming for the platform the first time.

On the journey, Trihandoko thought of Indonesia’s raw resources, and how Indonesia could process it as refined goods. Maybe rubber into tyres, oil as fuel, plastic and even asphalt. But, the brains necessary is not available for Indonesia, even primary education is just barely national-free. Trihandoko ever suggested using local billionaires for investing in those factories. Still, Indonesia needed the workforce, not the money.

However, just before riding the helicopter, Trihandoko popped something quite remarkable. Indonesia must hire overseas workers, give them high payment. But, they would not be the practitioner. Instead, they will teach local engineers to do as it says. Therefore, in a few years, Indonesia could have educated and skilful workers. A big price to pay for big benefits.

Trihandoko is quite certain that there was no way his job would be lost after the election ends. The economy is growing, much better than Suharto did. However, he is worried that being Chinese can lose him everything. Although discrimination is not so lethal, there are sentiments from the MPR of how minorities ruling in most parts of the Ministry. Unlike Suharto’s era, Subandrio’s cabinet is colourful and diverse of ethnics.

Indonesia's economy was pretty good in 1978. After the slight embargo by the US ramp up USD to around Rp 200 per USD, but it regained slowly until around Rp 7 per USD in 1974. Rupiah used to have the 000s but the Australian Aggression and American Embargo cut those zeroes. After Subandrio in power, Rupiah slowly strengthens until around Rp 4 per USD.

I agree with you, rubber is by far still a great commodity, but not for long. Indonesia must fund other sectors to not suffer dependency.

I am thinking the same about Pertamina as basically Petronas. I think that Indonesia should ramp up raw materials production, especially like rubber and oil, so that they could invest more to manufactures. Nationalization in oil is a rough process, but it will have good trends ahead.

I'll let you guess about Albania, that poor little nation is wedged by two red powers, in Europe.

North Vietnam is a Soviet's ally, as China's friend France help Thailand in dismembering Indochina. Maybe a love-hate scenario. And tensions in the Korean Border is unsurprisingly high, but China opted to maintain passive, at least for now...

McDonnell Douglas will remain a decent American Company until the 90s. And after that, things unfold quite intriguingly.

LKY would be a big-changer to Indonesia, with also a few Presidents ahead. I guarantee the next century is better for Indonesia, but not to the stage like the US' superpower status or Sweden's OTL living standards. Probably on-par with Japan OTL.

About car industry, I still cannot predict whether Indonesia will have their own or Japan's big autos would still steamroll the nation.

Last edited:
Indonesia's economy was pretty good in 1978. After the slight embargo by the US ramp up USD to around 200 per IDR, but it regained slowly until around Rp 7 per USD in 1974. Rupiah used to have the 000s but the Australian Aggression and American Embargo cut those zeroes. After Subandrio in power, Rupiah slowly strengthens until around Rp 4 per USD.

I agree with you, rubber is by far still a great commodity, but not for long. Indonesia must fund other sectors to not suffer dependency.

I am thinking the same about Pertamina as basically Petronas. I think that Indonesia should ramp up raw materials production, especially like rubber and oil, so that they could invest more to manufactures. Nationalization in oil is a rough process, but it will have good trends ahead.

I'll let you guess about Albania, that poor little nation is wedged by two red powers, in Europe.

North Vietnam is a Soviet's ally, as China's friend France help Thailand in dismembering Indochina. Maybe a love-hate scenario. And tensions in the Korean Border is unsurprisingly high, but China opted to maintain passive, at least for now...

McDonnell Douglas will remain a decent American Company until the 90s. And after that, things unfold quite intriguingly.

LKY would be a big-changer to Indonesia, with also a few Presidents ahead. I guarantee the next century is better for Indonesia, but not to the stage like the US' superpower status or Sweden's OTL living standards. Probably on-par with Japan OTL.

About car industry, I still cannot predict whether Indonesia will have their own or Japan's big autos would still steamroll the nation.
If i had to guess since the threat is even more bigger do albania became more leaning towards the western allies side (america and her allies) since china become to quiet ittl i mean albania could become what yugoslavia become otl (a mix of communist and capitalist idea perhaps even more capitalist ittl) perhaps enver hoxha choose to balance thing over by accepting the western and eastern influence and oh on a sidenote where did the film kelly heroes was filmed i mean it couldnt be yugoslavia (due to it being a france ally and tito began stiring in problem in the balkan) did kelly heroes ended up being filmed in albania?

Oh yeah i have two question regarding pakistan,india and bangladesh:

1.did the pakistani still support or harbour extremist group like they did otl or maybe they changed a lot since india became communist and the us decide to support the pakistani even more?
2.when does bangladesh became independent i thought bangladesh became a separate nation because they didnt eant to be a part of pakistan in which that makes bangladesh an indian ally, can you explain how bangladesh gained it's independence?
3.what happen to sri lanka

Last edited:
Indonesia's economy was pretty good in 1978. After the slight embargo by the US ramp up USD to around 200 per IDR, but it regained slowly until around Rp 7 per USD in 1974. Rupiah used to have the 000s but the Australian Aggression and American Embargo cut those zeroes. After Subandrio in power, Rupiah slowly strengthens until around Rp 4 per USD.

Since you mention sweden what happened to the nordic countries (sweden,norway,denmark and finland) which side did these countries choose or did they stay neutral

I also wonder did the kingdom of hejaz survived ittl? And if they did which side did they choose