Emberverse Anthology, Which Culture and Societies would make for a good collection of short stories?

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by Musadutoe, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Musadutoe Well-Known Member

Aside from the hocus pocus magic which became more pronounced as S.M. Stirling published more novels, there is a general agreement that the first 3 to 6 novels were good reads. Then it went downhill even though I will admit that I have read all of the novels.

As mentioned in previous posts on this series, I enjoyed the world building that S.M. Stirling developed over the course of the novels. One of my more favorite books was the Emberverse anthology; The Change: Tales of Downfall and Rebirth with stories contributed by a number of authors.

This is the first of two threads. This thread is to generate which parts of the Emberverse World you would like to see a short story / novella on a society / culture post Change. The premise would be that the monks and sisters of Mount Angel with the financial / logistic / academic support of Corvallis set out to gather the effects of the Change. Let us go with 30 years post Change. The second thread will be to compile the submissions if there are a enough responses into a poll for voting.