Even in 1920?
By 1920 Musso was a part of the Italian fascist movement and a firebrand in the media. It’s possible to have him as a political pundit advocating for all Italians to support and accept the Elysian mission to restore the Roman Empire. His Roman sympathies could even lead him to being an agent of Elysium.

True, at least they are allowed to hold jobs and eventually gain their freedom. Still less than ideal but the fact that its abolition could even be raised in a Senate session is a good sign but it will most likely stay around until the Empire no longer relies on the practice just to function at top shape.
Someone who see the future and understand the Roman Slavery. One slave is a inversion: You have it, he work for you, he save money in any moment he can pay for his freedom return him the money who spend in his buy. Seems like a way of Capitalism but its real.

By 1920 Musso was a part of the Italian fascist movement and a firebrand in the media. It’s possible to have him as a political pundit advocating for all Italians to support and accept the Elysian mission to restore the Roman Empire. His Roman sympathies could even lead him to being an agent of Elysium.
Ok... thatsagoodpoint prepare for a aggresive visit of a Special Activities Team. And go to Discord for help in the development of next chapters.
Good Job Soldier. You are promoted.

Everyone that us not a patrician
Why? Did I miss something earlier?
I know poor people and slaves will always suffer but I highly doubt commoners are going through some especially nightmarish scenario compared to our own timelines standards at that year. Or maybe my bar of what I'd consider dystopic is higher.

Last edited:
Not really ,there is not have been a ww1 to help collapse countries

Why? Did I miss something earlier?
I know poor people and slaves will always suffer but I highly doubt commoners are going through some especially nightmarish scenario compared to our own timelines standards at that year. Or maybe my bar of what I'd consider dystopic is higher.
2000 years of subhuman slavery might be a record

Hmmm not subhuman slavery. The Lex Roman have parts made after the Spartacus rebellion who protect Slaves against abuses.

The fundamental improvement in the situation of slaves during the principate period was due both to the further reduction in the number of slaves (and thus the reduction of supply at the same level of demand) and the spread of the Stoic doctrine, the essence of which was expressed by Seneca: “Live with the shorter man like you would like the taller to live with you”. The economic decline of the empire, the end of offensive wars and the reduction of the free population resulted in the need to increase the protection of slaves from cruel treatment by their owners

Since Claudius, freedom could be a reward for saving the owner’s life or for discovering his murderers. The master’s power to hand over a slave to be devoured by wild animals was limited by law. Lex Petronia de servis.

The Antonine era also prohibits the cruel treatment and abuse of slaves. On one of the islands on the Tiber (Aesculapius Island), a shelter for the sick and old slaves was built. Unjustified cruelty towards them could have resulted in the forced sale of such a slave, while the killing of a slave by the owner was considered a crime: in the event that one of the masters would rather kill the slave than send to Aesculapius, he would be prosecuted for manslaughter.

Literally. Be a Slave during Roman Empire after Spartacus is bad, but not like levels like Southern USA or other countries who literally Slaves where kill without consecuentes.

Law and Civilization in Roman way. If want more information ask.

Human Civilization has been doing it since the bronze age or even earlier and with far less rights and protections than what even Elysium allowed. If one wishes to be liberal with that term they might as well call every nation and culture between said barbaric practices inception and abolition a dystopia since they were all just dressed up yet prejudiced and oppressive savages compared us in the modern age.

Human Civilization has been doing it since the bronze age or even earlier and with far less rights and protections than what even Elysium allowed. If one wishes to be liberal with that term they might as well call every nation and culture between said barbaric practices inception and abolition a dystopia
We probably should, its not wrong to say most if not all ancient societies would look like a dystopic nightmare if brought to modern day, and thats what Elysium is

Though when it comes to slavery there were a few societies who did much better
Egypt focused on solely paid workers and had little to no interest in keeping slaves, Israel would free all their slaves every few decades in accordance jewish law, China flirted with abolitionism before with Wang Mang making the practice illegal(but falling to keep it up because he was, well, crazy), Eumenes's Heliopolis was a abolitionist theocracy and many tribes around the globe who still keep hunter-gatherer and sheppard lifestyles had no concept of slavery at all
And thats just what I remember from memory

Elysium meanwhile, if they do follow the post-Spartacus Law, while it bans what the romans considered acts of cruelty like killing or torturing a slave for no reason, it still does not treat them as people and everything that was not counted as cruelty against their "property" to the romans from raping slaves or forcing them to undergo forced prostitution to working them to death somewhere(someone has to work on the roman mines, right? Same for those immensely large buildings) was O-kay for the estabilishment

Elysium keeps that up for 2000 years and brings it to the modern world with airships and nukes

Of course it is still less terrible than the Confederacy or Nazis, specially surviving ones, but that doesnt make it less horrifying as a society
Is Elysium much cooler than OTL? It is
Is it more advanced? Heck yeah
But it is a nightmare still

What the author can do about that to make it "less bad"(other than complete abolition which would always be the best option but eh Elysium doesnt seem to be goinh that route) is have the system reformed into just debt-working where 'slaves' are recognized as human beings and cannot be used as sex toys & gulag inmates
Because that is what roman slavery at its core is, forced labour to pay debts, and Im honestly surprised the elysians havent thought about that already

Regardless, I dont think Elysium being utopic or dystopic is a demerit to this work
Elysium is what it is, a surviving Rome in America, which is what this TL proposes as a thought experiment and executes quite well
So wheter the roman-americans are good or bad, I can say the timeline is great, and thats what matters isnt it?

We probably should, its not wrong to say most if not all ancient societies would look like a dystopic nightmare if brought to modern day, and thats what Elysium is

Egypt focused on solely paid workers and had little to no interest in keeping slaves, Israel would free all their slaves every few decades in accordance jewish law, China flirted with abolitionism before with Wang Mang making the practice illegal(but falling to keep it up because he was, well, crazy), Eumenes's Heliopolis was a abolitionist theocracy and many tribes around the globe who still keep hunter-gatherer and sheppard lifestyles had no concept of slavery at all

Elysium meanwhile, if they do follow the post-Spartacus Law, while it bans what the romans considered acts of cruelty like killing or torturing a slave for no reason, it still does not treat them as people and everything that was not counted as cruelty against their "property" to the romans from raping slaves or forcing them to undergo forced prostitution to working them to death somewhere(someone has to work on the roman mines, right? Same for those immensely large buildings) was O-kay for the estabilishment

Elysium keeps that up for 2000 years and brings it to the modern world with airships and nukes

Of course it is still less terrible than the Confederacy or Nazis, specially surviving ones, but that doesnt make it less horrifying as a society

What the author can do about that to make it "less bad"(other than complete abolition which would always be the best option but eh Elysium doesnt seem to be goinh that route) is have the system reformed into just debt-working where 'slaves' are recognized as human beings and cannot be used as sex toys & gulag inmates
Because that is what roman slavery at its core is, forced labour to pay debts, and Im honestly surprised the elysians havent thought about that already

Regardless, I dont think Elysium being utopic or dystopic is a demerit to this work
Elysium is what it is, a surviving Rome in America, which is what this TL proposes as a thought experiment and executes quite well
So wheter the roman-americans are good or bad, I can say the timeline is great, and thats what matters isnt it?
Elysian identity did not exist 2000 years ago as it was a colony with its foundation in America. I would not judge America for whatever the British Empire got up to but instead judge it for what it did as America in recent years. I'd choose their centuries of warmongering to conquer the Americas as their largest act of bloodshed which the slavery was one part of if one were to go by sheer body count.

As for the rest of your post - I do agree with you for the most part. My only gripe (and this is just an opinion) would be that applying Dystopia to 99% of humanities history is not only arbitrary but also waters down its meaning to just be synonymous with whatever a 21st century individual would consider amoral and a label like that has an effect of ignoring all the good that has existed or the improvments made since the past in favor of just the bad because its stereotypically (at least in popular media) used for 'nightmarish' hellholes berefit of any hope for improvement or joy.

Elysium like many states that survived in our worlds 20th century, actually has this potential to grow out of its abuses. Though it should be said that even in our present, forms of slavery and exploitation still exist. Just in less obvious forms, so I guess we too live in something of a horrific dystopia.

Last edited:

Yea for the debt slave discourse , the principal problem is that they have a culture of war slavery, they did in the past when they conquered central America and south America and due to the fact that we will see a war of conquest of europe, the way I see it is that they enslaves entire population groups in Europe like the draka .

Elysian identity did not exist 2000 years ago as it was a colony with its foundation in America. I would not judge America for whatever the British Empire got up to but instead judge it for what it did as America in recent years. I would choose their centuries of warmongering to conquer the Americas as their largest act of bloodshed which the slavery was one part of if one were to go by sheer body count.
Im aware, I wasnt so much blaming Elysium for what Rome did but more so pointing out they're pretty much continuing it
Dystopia to 99% of humanities history is not only arbitrary but also waters down its meaning to just be synonymous with whatever a 21st century individual would consider amoral and a label like that has an effect of ignoring all the good that has existed or the improvments made since the past in favor of just the bad because its stereotypically (at least in popular media) used for 'nightmarish' hellholes berefit of any hope for improvement or joy.
Fair enough
Im not so much trying to ignore all the good things from the past and say they were all worst-than-north-korea, just that bringing them to modern day with all our technological advancement without changig their culture and institutions would make them pretty bad dystopias
Elysium like many states that survived in our worlds 20th century, actually has this potential to grow out of its abuses.
Indeed, I hope they do, I tried to point out how they could improve in the last tidbit of my comment but I dunno how they'll handle it
I guess we too live in something of a horrific dystopia.
Yeah I agree
Its something that haunts me a bit when Im not distracted
problem is that they have a culture of war slavery, they did in the past when they conquered central America and south America and due to the fact that we will see a war of conquest of europe, the way I see it is that they enslaves entire population groups like the draka .
Yeah my fear for the outcome of this TL, which I mentioned earlier, is that they'll double down on all their worst aspects like Turtledove's Confederacy and become something akin to that

Teaser Chapter 56
War_In_England.png

THE OPERATION CLAUDIUS 1939-1941

Chapter 56 Caesar Decimus Bellicius Cornicen 2674 AUC / 1920 AD - 2708 AUC / 1954 AD
51f0f18eda7e4eafb8ee0cecac436c03.jpg

Imperator Augustus Caesar Decimus Bellicius Cornicen
MiguelPrimodeRivera.jpg
The next Emperor would be the Dominarch Decimus Bellicius Cornicen. Cornicen was born into a large commoner family, growing up in Castoria. He oversaw the invasions of the Gran Canarias and Azores and organized Operation Coriolanus. Following Rebilus's death due to congestive heart failure in Civis Aztecus. Cornicen had the most name recognition in a crowded field of candidates and he had never been publicly prominent outside of military affairs, but his military achievements ensured that he immediately made national and international news. Cornicen would be one of the most progressive Elysium leaders ever seen, allowing the inclusion of women on the battlefield using examples seen in the Atlantic islands (Azores, Cape Verde and Canary Islands), even so a good part of the militarists and their friends ended up voting for Cornicen as the new Emperor of Elysium. Nothing else, coming to power, Cornicen would visit Kyoto (Japan Capital ) and Pune (Maratha India Capital ).

In Europe, Iberia was ruled by King Alfonso XIII and Prime Minister Miguel Primo de Rivera y Orbaneja, 2nd Marquis of Estella. The Iberian defeat together with the destruction of Faros, caused that in the following weeks, many Peninsular Iberians suffered the effects of acute radiation syndrome (ARS), all in approximately 20 to 30 days. At the time, doctors had no idea what the cause was and were unable to effectively treat the affliction, a result of radiation poisoning or, as many called it, "atomic bomb disease." Apart from the fact that hundreds of cancer cases arose after five years and two in the case of leukemia, after the bombing. Another problem was the birth of young Iberians with birth defects, which led to the creation of aid programs supported by the state and the Church. Victims in the bombed areas suffered from fear-based stigmatization, which affected them when it came to finding work or a partner due to public ignorance about the consequences of radiation sickness.
images

Iberian Guardia Civil during a visit in Angola of King Alfonso XIII

7a73df7b37969c956f158f748cf17c37.jpg
Iberia, motivated by the loss of the Atlantic and Asia, chose to focus on Africa. The vision of cargo convoys and long railways would be common on the dusty roads of the Viceroyalty of Morocco while Sub-Saharan Africa would suffer an equal fate, when the Soldiers of the Iberian Tercios, a professional combat force to fight in colonial campaigns They entered the sub-Saharan jungles to bring civilization with a bible in one hand and a submachine gun in the other. Indirectly, Iberia would become the colonial industrial engine of the Holy Alliance, by bringing an exorbitant amount of resources from Africa, be it rubber, minerals, workers and oil, along with gold and diamonds. But the prize would be Katanga. Katanga would be key to the point that it would become one of the most militarized Iberian Provinces of the Iberian Kingdom due to its value for nuclear research.

The Papal States in their African territory of Libya, would face a religious-communist uprising in 1921 against the Papal Government and its religious policies where they discriminated against Muslims. The Revolt quickly spread mainly due to the presence of modern military grade weaponry and even columns of Egyptian-British volunteers with military training. The situation was such that the light infantry regiments called Zouaves, made up mostly of volunteers of North African origin, took up arms. The Zouaves had the status of an elite unit within the Pontifical army, that included better weapons and equipment than
1655384788912.jpeg
regular units. These Zouavas rebels would soon face the Iberian expeditionary troops that would come to the aid of the Papacy with several motorized and armored divisions. The following months would be marked by an Iberian-Pontifical advance where various methods used to 'pacify' the population were applied including intelligence gathering through torture, summary executions, forced labor, rape and the sadistic murder of military prisoners.

The situation continued until 1923, when the last insurgent groups were hunted down or fled to Egypt. Even so, it was known that the Rebellion was provoked indirectly by English agents, this was a sign of the existing cold war. The Papacy would stand out as a research and development center where scientists such as Marie Salomea Skłodowska-Curie would stand out, who would investigate the application of nuclear weapons with the aim of protecting Rome from a foreign attack. General Henri Philippe Benoni Omer Pétain would stand out for being a broad promoter of the same even once commenting on its use to attack London or even Elysium Augusta, if they had a suitable transport for it. Which, unlike Elysium, they still lacked, while Elysium had Missiles in the making.

The Austrian Empire would stand out for being governed by Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria and his Prime Ministers-president Heinrich Lammasch who would have much of the work of guarding the border with the Oslo Pact. But his army would be one of the most advanced, with young promises like Johannes Erwin Eugen Rommel, a young tank commander, and Herman Goering, son of the governor of Austrian Africa and an air ace. Austria would be avant-garde in the development of weapons and vehicles along with other technologies including information technology, while creating the V2 missiles that would use a guidance and radar system capable of guiding them from a distance, which would facilitate surgical attacks or bombing without the need to send aircraft .

b26d55c6bd108de6164bf5a59022266a.jpg
Meanwhile, Russia would grapple with attempted nationalist rebellions, instigated by a series of British, Austrian, or even Ottoman-backed leaders during the 1920s. The largest rebel groups would be People's Republic of Ukraine, People's Republic of Transcaucasian, People's Republic of Far Eastern, People's Republic of Bukharan, People's Republic of Khorezm and the most dangerous was the People's Republic of Siberia. Tsar Nicolas II, seeing the high rate of uprisings, decided to found the Ministerstvo Gosudarstvennoy Bezopasnosti (Ministry of State Security) or MGB, one intelligence and counterintelligence agency whose job was to monitor the prisons, run the Katorga system, put down rebellions and riots, and mutinies in the Imperial Army. The first Director of the Ministry would be Piotr Nikolayevich Wrangel, who, to support the work of the Ministry, would create the Internal Security Forces, a paramilitary gendarmerie-like force that would stand out for its black uniforms.

Russia managed to crush the communist rebellions thanks to the fact that the troops of the rebellious Communist Republics did not have competent officers due to the fact that the overwhelming majority of professional officers in the Russian army were from the nobility. Apart from the fact that Russian minorities such as the Cossacks or the Wild Division formed by Native Cavalry of the Caucasus and led by Grand Duke Michael Alexandrovich of Russia, brother of the Tsar, were favored. Russia would stand out for making a deal with the devil. It would authorize the secret sale of prisoners of war and political dissidents to Elysium in exchange for industrial and economic machinery and weapons. The effects of such deals were almost immediate, allowing the development of a heavy industrial base. Russia would stand out for the creation of the Promyshlennyy Gorod in the Urals. These Promyshlennyy Gorod were industrial macro-complexes dedicated to the manufacture of weapons, planes, explosives, tanks, and even gave rise to underground cities that Russia would build to protect itself in the event of a Nuclear War.

Scandinavia would stand out as a home of development and innovation while entering a cultural era called the Roaring Twenties that saw large-scale development and use of automobiles, telephones, movies, radios, and home appliances in the lives of millions of people around the world. At the same time The quality of housing improved, with houses offering better protection against the cold. Floor space per occupant increased. Sanitation improved considerably through the construction of water supply and sewage systems, in addition to the treatment of drinking water by filtration and chlorination. Switching to internal combustion got horses off the streets and eliminated horse manure and urine and the flies they attracted. Infant mortality decreased, which produced a Baby Boom in Scandinavia, especially in Norway, while the middle class increased, as did GDP and productivity, in the Kingdom of Scandinavia and its puppet states, a road network emerged that expanded transportation. by truck, while the cost of shipping and travel fell sharply, encouraging tourism.
28-0595a_Lg.jpg

The Scandinavian Army would stand out for a great relationship with England that included shared intelligence, shared military technology and shared acquisitions. One of Scandinavia's largest deployments would be during Operation Blue Bat at Suez, which prevented open warfare between the Ottoman Federative Socialist Republic and the British Empire in Egypt by deploying a thousand Marines who fortified both sides of the Channel. At the same time, I would highlight the aviation created by the company Junkers Aircraft and Motor Works in the form of the first jet aircraft, the first being the Junker F-30 (OTL: P-80 Shooting Star) at the same time that Heinkel Flugzeugwerke would develop better bombers in form of the K-28 (OTL: Convair B-36 Peacemaker)

Meanwhile in England, a colonial expansion began with the aim of uniting British East Africa with Egypt. Sick and starving Ethiopia stood no chance against the British Army, and their combat tactics turned out to be quite brutal. In fact, more than half of the population of Ethiopia was the victim of some kind of mistreatment by the British relegating them to being third-class citizens, being surpassed by the British of the islands and the Colonial British descendants of Europeans but born in Africa. While in Sudan, its vast desert regions were near famine, chaos and bloodshed between the Arab Islamic factions in the north and the black Christian and tribal factions in the south. When the British invaded, they managed to crush all three sides in a record time of one year. After crushing all opposition, England established a new label for that territory: Dominion of British East Africa.

What followed was the reconstruction of the territories. Prime Minister Warren G. Harding decided to focus on construction, agriculture, and irrigation. He also begins to implement a plan to educate the (white) population soon, every white family had food and clean water on their tables, his educational and construction reforms gave rise to undreamed-of prosperity. But a process of separateness began to be established at all levels, be it medical, work, educational, even sports and public transport. In England, increased literacy, wealth, ease of travel, even a film industry were installed, at the same time that the Royal Navy would begin to increase in number, in clear unspoken fear of an Elysium invasion, prompting posters of military propaganda with ancestral motives such as the Failed Roman Invasion of Julius Caesar or even Boudica's rebellion.

The new Elysian Emperor would stand out for promoting a rapid Romanization in the new Atlantic territories. He rebuilding or in some cases, building cities while giving them more Roman names. One of his greatest innovations was the creation of the first all-electronic single-tube color television system. This new system stood out for using two electron guns directed at each side of a thin, semi-transparent mica sheet. One side was covered in cyan phosphor and the other red-orange, producing a limited color range, but well suited to showing skin tones. This revolutionized the film industry at the time that new
X1qIsqS.jpg
movies were released that allowed new challenges, one of these was the 4-hour movie: Gaius Julius Caesar, which explains the life of Julius Caesar, from his childhood until his death betrayed by the conspiring senators which included his friend Marcus Junius Brutus.

At the same time, a new Polycoclium was issued that would eventually become such a popular weapon that it would even be common to see it even in civilian hands. the PC-02 (OTL:AK-47) passed extensive and stringent testing that came to surprise the board due to its reliability in harsh conditions, low production cost, availability in virtually all geographic regions, and ease of use. The PC-02 was designed to be a cheap, simple and easy to manufacture rifle, matching perfectly with the Elysian military doctrine that treats equipment and weapons as disposable items. On the other hand, the Manus Tenuit Polybolum MTPB-01 (OTL: RPD) was also created, which was designed to be used both as a section light machine gun and for larger tasks, while it was a very accurate weapon due to its rifled barrel, together with the novel Mittere Fistulara Pyrobola (MFP) (OTL: Rocket-propelled grenade). Elysian weapons would stand out for being designed to be reliable and at the same time able to deliver and withstand punishment.
f6e0d86b591c9f228280f40c339159b3.jpg

On the other hand, the emergence of aerial transport vehicles would bring the Melista (OTL: Helicopter). The M-01 (OTL:Mil Mi-6) would be a heavy transport helicopter with a capacity of 65 armed soldiers and, alternatively, can transport 41 stretcher patients (litter) and two assistants, or a wide range of bulky loads, including vehicles, loaded through clamshell rear doors as well as large radars and heavy artillery. The success of such vehicles was surpassed when the Emperor inaugurated the Portus Spatialis (Space Port) Neronia, located a short distance from Colonia Canina Apache (OTL: Albuquerque.) The Portus Spatialis would stand out for having a city of support around the facilities for provide housing, schools and infrastructure for workers, two multipurpose airports on site, serving both personnel transportation and logistics needs along the largest industrial railway in the Empire.

baikonur-soyuz-19.jpg
On May 15, 1936, Portus Spatialis Neronia took off, the Satelles Primus, a 58 cm (23 in) diameter polished metal sphere with four external radio antennas propelled by a Mittere Ballistarium InterContinental (OTL: Intercontinental Ballistic Missile) . The Satelles Primus was the research project of almost twenty years of development that put a new emphasis on science and technology while at the same time inspiring a generation of engineers and scientists, while planting the seeds for the development of the modern satellite navigation. Other countries and political factions, such as the Oslo Pact or the Holy Alliance, saw such an event with terror and soon began an era called the Shadow War; Totally focused on espionage and information theft on a scale only seen in China or the Roman Empire. The Holy Alliance would soon follow Elysium in its race through space.

But while Elysium managed to reach beyond the sky with the Stella Primus. The Maratha Empire, which was beginning to be called India due to its territorial control after a period of conflicts of unification or diplomacy with results of peaceful assimilation, began to expand throughout Southeast Asia. The Maratha Empire as well as Japan profited from a great friendship with Elysium that included the discount sale of military equipment. Even Japan and the Maratha were noted for providing support to the Elysium space program and even computer science. One of the newest inventions would be a series of electrical tattoos that would have a function comparable to a barcode popular in markets for goods or food. These electrical tattoos would have utility as the ability to identify escaped slaves and in the future, obtain a Legionnaire's information from his rank and name to his ID number, blood type even his designated unit.

608705cf15e9f9106c10d3c4.jpg
But in 1939, Cornicen gave a speech. A speech that did not make Europe tremble with terror. A terror as cold as that experienced by Roman cities when Hannibal Barqa crossed the Alps. In less than twelve hours, England received a declaration of war from the Imperial Embassy in Elysium. The diplomatic corps of the embassy is forced to be smuggled out of the country to prevent them from being torn apart by angry mobs after the Emperor's speech, while numerous European businesses end up fleeing. A domino effect takes place in Europe, when the English begin to persecute the Elysium ambassadors who are not caught thanks to an aerial evacuation by Melites that transports the embassy personnel to the aircraft carrier Claudius. But when the Royal Navy and Royal Air Force set off to wage war against Elysium, their ships are immediately attacked by Elysian and Sifocaelus G-03 (OTL: MiG-15) submarines launched from several aircraft carriers. Meanwhile in Greenland and Iceland, light infantry airborne landings were made that paved the way for heavy units accompanied by Testuda Industria's new models the TI-X (OTL:T-54/T-55). The Operation Claudius Start.

Interesting-Facts-About-the-Korean-War.jpg
The airborne units that landed in Iceland faced a scenario where groups of militiamen, civilians and young people armed with all kinds of weapons, from police or military weapons to hunting weapons, even hand-to-hand combat. These parachute units had a simple order: secure the port of Reykjavik. The capture was achieved at the cost of thousands of people who were killed when they tried to confront the paratroop units. With Reykjavik captured, transport ships from the Classis landed Legions with hundreds of Legionnaires and tanks that soon secured dominance of the volcanic island. The English Royal Navy began with the Scandinavian Royal Navy, in collaboration with the Oslo Pact to patrol the North Seas while engaging in what was called by military analysts: "The North Atlantic Campaign." But the worst thing was that Elysium's control of the Atlantic prevented any kind of material from the colonies from reaching England.

The British High Command knew that in the long run they had no hope. They devised a plan to push the Grecis (High Fleet) Atlanticus into a decisive battle, the outcome of which could mark the conflict. Therefore, half of the Royal Navy left Scapa Flow after serious preparations for Civis Lenape. When the submarines discovered the fleet, they reported their course and within hours, the High Command informed the Dominarch of the situation. In the Bahama Islands, the Royal Navy led by Admiral William Frederick "Bull" Halsey Jr. would collide with the Classis. During the Battle of the Bahamas Islands, the disproportion between the number of planes used by both sides, their quality, as well as
W_Halsey.jpg
the lack of experienced naval pilots on the English side, had a decisive influence on the outcome of the battle. However, for Elysium it was not a victory or a total defeat, since despite the Elysian superiority, a part of the English fleet managed to return to a safe port.

The Battle of the Bahamas symbolized a major blow to the English conscience who had great respect and pride in the Royal Navy. It was in that moment of terror that the Oslo Pact finally began talking to the Holy Alliance for military help in case Elysium invaded, a deal some considered unholy, but it was simple. But on April 3, 1940, the invasion of Caledonia and Hibernia began. A fleet of 350 Warships and 500 Transports, carrying 155,000 soldiers with armored vehicles and aircraft in 25 legions spread across Ireland and Scotland. During the first few hours, Scottish and Irish militia and British military units would clash against the Elysians. Elysian troops would be noted for rapid advancement due to their innovative use of helicopters to deploy Centuries, armored vehicles, or teams directly to the front lines. In urban combat, RPGs would excel at turning English Crusader tanks into fiery slag or even breaking down walls.

Hungnam%20troops%20being%20moved%20to%20ships.jpg
The English government would ask the Holy Alliance for help, be it food, weapons, oil, even soldiers. For the Vatican, it was quite expensive, but not for Russia and Iberia. In exchange for the enormous oil resources coming from Russia, England would give Crimea to Russia. The first supply convoys sailed from the ports of Normandy direct to England carrying canned meat and spare parts. Iberia and her navy would provide escort to the point that a fleet of Iberian submarines would patrol the English Channel protecting cargoes. In the first shipment of oil, England will receive up to 10,000,000 tons of oil. The first expeditionary force would be 100,000 Iberian soldiers, 50,000 Papist soldiers, 50,000 Austrians and up to 200,000 Russians, making a total of 400,000 Volunteers, which would increase with the II, III, IV, V Expeditionary Force.

In the air, F-86 Sabres, Dassault Mirage IIIs, Hispano HA-300s, and Saab 29 Tunnans countered the G-03s in the skies, though they encountered tougher opposition against the G-04 (OTL: MiG-17). , but they still managed to withstand the waves of planes, even with the Elysian buildup of planes, fuel, and pilots. This would not last, as the range the Caelum Legio had to fly was greatly reduced with the acquisition of English airfields as the campaign progressed, while airfields further afield were mercilessly bombed out of service, cutting the range and availability of Allied aircraft considerably. By the winter of 1940-41, long columns of retreating troops and vehicles would be seen across the
Alamy%20EG3Y8A.jpg
front lines. The captured regiments would be treated brutally, many being tortured, executed, used for forced labor or enslaved depending on the situation. Such a situation, although it was ignored by Elysium due to media control, was frowned upon and motivated greater resistance from the Europeans.

By early 1941, the front had stalled at the so-called Northumberland Line, an area stretching from the Solway Coast to Holy Island from west to east and from Falstone to Hawick from south to north. That entire region was riddled with network tunnels and deep bunkers built with concrete mixers and bulldozers, artillery fire bases, minefields, the use of mile-long barbed wire, even the extensive use of chemical weapons like Sarin. Hundreds of thousands had died between military and civilian casualties, because of this, the governments of Europe ended up asking Elysium for peace. Elysium knew that its ability to deploy military was limited. The basic training time of a soldier from any of the European countries, was around ten weeks, which was 2 months and 10 days, that greatly exceeded the five years of training of the Elysian Legionnaire.

d0bce36caf609b1d866d4bac75c28e410ffc8bf6
Flooding the enemy with legionnaires was a policy that came to be considered, like all strategies, including the so-called "Internecionem" (Annihilation), proposed to "clean" Europe by the most radical analysts. But still he was rejected. Finally, after a long negotiation. The European Armistice Agreement was signed, which caused a complete cessation of hostilities between the European countries and Elysium. However, the armistice is only a ceasefire between the military forces, rather than an agreement between governments to normalize relations. Unfortunately for England, Elysium took the occupied territory as its own under the names of Caledonia and Hibernia, the same provinces were soon uninhabited on the initiative of the native population that emigrated to the colonies of Goldcoast and Dominion of British East Africa. The new provinces were soon subjected to a strong process of colonization and militarization.

Post-war England was a breeding ground for student-motivated communist and socialist movements. But Prime Minister Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill stood up to such developments, taking further steps to consolidate control of the country, by arresting students, protesters and anti-government groups. The militarist faction led by Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery and Douglas MacArthur advocated continuing the war, albeit allowing the use of colonial regiments made up of black troops led by white officers. Even so, the plan was not carried out, although they contributed well to the nuclear development of England, in the program known as Tube Alloys, which managed to create the Grapple 1 in 1945 that detonated in the Sudan desert. The explosion of Grapple 1 was followed by Genesis 1 by the Vatican in 1946 and Iberia 1 the same year and Austria's Jericho 1 in 1947 which detonated in central Australia from Rothschild.

1589800466_787263_1589877403_noticia_fotograma.jpg
Between 1936 and 1945, the Elysium Cursus Spatialis (Space Course) was "motivated by the dream of space travel". The first test subjects were dogs. Dogs were the preferred animal for the experiments because the scientists felt that dogs were well suited to enduring long periods of inactivity. To avoid becoming fond of dogs, stray dogs were chosen instead of animals used to living in a house. The first dog to reach space was Dentetis, a mongrel who died five to seven hours after the flight from stress and overheating. Dentetis would be a precursor to future space missions where the dogs would be recovered. Of 60 tests, another four dogs died on Elysian space missions: Two of them died when their rocket exploded shortly after launch or due to some technical failure, but most survived and would go on to live the lives of heroes, some even becoming pets of the Emperor.

EBFQL-PXkAE4GFt.jpg
After those tests, Elysium began preparations for human spaceflight, the possible candidates were qualified Air Force pilots, arguing that they would have relevant skills such as exposure to higher g-forces, apart from the fact that they had to be intelligent, comfortable in situations of high stress and physically fit. The tests consisted mostly of a daily fitness regimen and they were given classes on topics such as space rocket systems, navigation, geophysics and astronomy and up to 900 hours of flight time before even agreeing to enter the launch vehicle. Project Jupiter fulfilled the ultimate goal of putting an astronaut into orbit around the Earth and returning him safely. The lucky one was Marcus Antonius Astranus, a pilot born in Nova Macedonia. A doctor evaluated his personality as follows:

Modest; he gets embarrassed when his mood gets a little too racy; high degree of evident intellectual development; fantastic memory; he is distinguished from his colleagues by his acute and distant sense of attention to the environment around him; a well-developed imagination; fast reactions; persevering, he thoroughly prepares for his activities and training exercises, handles celestial mechanics and mathematical formulas with ease, as well as excels in higher mathematics; does not feel limited when he has to defend his point of view if he considers himself correct; he seems like he understands life better than a lot of his friends.

Exosuits_Image1.jpg
Astranus' flight was a triumph for the Elysian space program and he became an Imperial hero as well as a world celebrity. Newspapers around the world published his biography and details of his flight, but in an interview, Astranus would say a series of words that would come true: "It's only a matter of time that just like we did leaving Italy and then Europe, the Empire colonize other planets." Plans to reach the moon began after Project Jupiter. The name of this project was Luna (Moon in Latin). The initial missions to land on the moon went hand in hand with the development of the first radio-controlled automatons, although Iberia, Scandinavia and Austria together with Russia would also be entering the world of robotics. Although he would also enter the world of the Powered exoskeleton. The first models were created with the aim of helping in the rehabilitation of paraplegics and war veterans who could not or had difficulty walking or even standing. Later in 1950, a team of researchers from the Techneum proposed an exoskeleton that would function as a powered armor for infantrymen. The design was focused on increasing the speed, strength, and endurance of soldiers in combat environments, while also being self-powered, controllable, and portable. The design was approved under the name Lorica Bellator.

1655383021385.png
In view of the Space Situation and the terror that would cause Elysium to develop and place weapons and military technology in outer space from lasers that disable satellites, kamikaze satellites that are launched from Earth orbit to damage targets on the ground, including nuclear launch platforms that it would practically "drop" the nuclear warheads that would fall without practically opposition on a target, be it armies, fortifications or even urban centers. The other countries formed their own space agencies and in some cases would form them in coalition such as the Holy Alliance Space Agency (HASA) or the Oslo Pact Aerospace Exploration Agency (OPAE). HASA would launch its first satellite into space in 1948 and its first man in 1953, while OPAE in 1948 too but its first man was in 1952, although the man suffered injuries that left him paralyzed from the waist down during landing.
World Map in 2708 AUC / 1954 AD
dettnlq-f8c4ea8e-b742-42ae-8294-5b48766fb663.png

Last edited:
No decolonization I'm guessing? If anything it looks like states will have to rely more and more on these overseas possessions just to keep up with their rivals.

Do they have any plans to claim a part of the Antartic?

Last edited:
No decolonization I'm guessing? If anything it looks like states will have to rely more and more on these overseas possessions just to keep up with their rivals.
In my opinion, the decolonization was one of the major fustercluck of the history... Look the brutal quantity of wars, massacres and violence ethnic do in Africa or Middle East.

So we're pretty much seeing most of real-life events still happen roughly on time, the human spaceflight being the best example, even though the POD is thousands of years ago...