Truly roman of you~
Want know another Roman thing of me? I am seeing Coriolanus in Amazon Prime.

coriolanus-11.jpg

That's it?
You have had a ww1 years long conflict with the effect extermation of entire population centers , intense city fighting , labor disruption and a woman work ,it's literally an unjust war a slave rebellion of such proportion that I don't know how you can play it around with propaganda ( and the thing about the equites rapes is not really that good as a reason , you have a initial mismanagement of the front ,the propaganda that they give is this is for continuation of Elysium, and then they don't regard it as Elysium but as Cassiopea there is a dissonance here , and plus there is no social change , ok that they have Chinese level population and so it impact a minor pool of men but the war of such scale touches everybody.
The senate is formed by blinds men because now they have a semi massacred population , with now worthless ghost towns plus an European immigration , it create a situation like Texas .
Elysium is a behemoth on technology and army but on a social level it's becoming stagnant.

That's it?
You have had a ww1 years long conflict with the effect extermation of entire population centers , intense city fighting , labor disruption and a woman work ,it's literally an unjust war a slave rebellion of such proportion that I don't know how you can play it around with propaganda ( and the thing about the equites rapes is not really that good as a reason , you have a initial mismanagement of the front ,the propaganda that they give is this is for continuation of Elysium, and then they don't regard it as Elysium but as Cassiopea there is a dissonance here , and plus there is no social change , ok that they have Chinese level population and so it impact a minor pool of men but the war of such scale touches everybody.
The senate is formed by blinds men because now they have a semi massacred population , with now worthless ghost towns plus an European immigration , it create a situation like Texas .
Elysium is a behemoth on technology and army but on a social level it's becoming stagnant.
You know you think a country as technological-advanced like Elysium would be as socially-advanced at the same level, but noooope, it's like as if they are afraid that changing the status quo would bring about a repeat of what happened to the Old Roman Empire.

Last edited:
You know you think a country as technological-advanced like Elysium would be as socially-advanced at the same level, but noooope, it's like as if they are afraid that changing the status quo would bring about a repeat of what happened to the Old Roman Empire.
Yea but it's the status quo that will bring them down

While I agree with you two I would also point out that technological advancement does not equal social progress(whatever that means) and colonies - which in the end of the day is what Elysium is - are the ones who cling the hardest to the ways of their (former) metropolis, specially when it comes to culture and language

So for all intents and purposes Elysium is as shown here what you can expect of a Roman America who had all the time in the world to apply itself to technical inovation while at the same time being a society composed of the most traditional and reactionary sectors of the roman nobility

I personally would say it would have been more likely that Elysium would have stagnated to Qing China level by the time they met the europeans and whatever rebellion that took place in it would probably have been as devastating as the Taiping

However if we can accept they instead got to napoleonic tech then(and by now are on their 1900s) I think we can accept they managed to suppress a communist rebellion and put all their effort on making the rebels look like orcs to their remaining subjects, wheter this has consequences down the line is up to the author

My guess...
If we assume Elysium will keep going down it's path of responding to protests & rebellions with nationalistic jigoism, ignoring pleads to abolish slavery, supporting the idea of a pagan crusade to reconquer Europe and mimicking OTL Germany
Is that they'll become a fascist country, or at least an equivalent to it, similar in structure to the South of TL-191 as they're both american societies who went down that path and intend to defend slavery, but with more (nazi?)german aesthetics and a roman spin to it(besides the fact they rule the entirety of the Americas instead of just the CSA)

Or the author can simply ignore this, kick the roman traditionalists in the balls and make Elysium follow the path of OTL United States anyway to keep up with the whole "Roman America" premise, ending up with a democratic US-but-it-speaks-latin ruling the world with or without going through with the whole "we must take back Yurop" plotline

Idk, its up to him

Roman governance has been autocratic for a *very* long time by this point and the harsh militarism is practically part of their identity by now. Had the revolutionary movement not been crushed so viciously perhaps the government would have felt like making at least something of a compromise with the discontented.

As for slavery. I do hope it becomes less and less important over time. As it makes people feel entitled to the sweat of another mans brow and the practice condones the visualization of your fellow man as less than a man, making any treatment justifiable.

Seneca wrote about the corrupting effects of slave labor on Roman society, not from a position of it being morally wrong to enslave others, but from the viewpoint that it was making Romans lazy and indolent in a way that they would rather go down to the arena to bet on a fight instead of picking one on their own, and that they would rather collect a dole instead of working their own field and reaping their own harvest.

Last edited:
That's it?
The Revolt focused solely on what would be Argentina and Chile. So it wasn't a large percentage of the total population massacred either.

As for slavery. I do hope it becomes less and less important over time. As it makes people feel entitled to the sweat of another mans brow and the practice condones the visualization of your fellow man as less than a man, making any treatment justifiable.

Seneca wrote about the corrupting effects of slave labor on Roman society, not from a position of it being morally wrong to enslave others, but from the viewpoint that it was making Romans lazy and indolent in a way that they would rather go down to the arena to bet on a fight instead of picking one on their own, and that they would rather collect a dole instead of working their own field and reaping their own harvest.
Slavery in Elysium is something very involved because it would be perhaps comparable to the system of Encomiendas of the Spanish Empire.

New slaves learn to speak Latin if they don't know how.
They learn a trade and take advantage of it.
And eventually they are released and considered Elysium citizens.