Ella's Soviet Victory: Main Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 105545
  • Start date
1962 map

Deleted member 105545

unknown.png

Hey! I'm sure you remember (my pretty terrible) Timeline "Soviet Victory".

Well, I decided to get rid of it.

I'm currently working on a revamp of the timeline, and also the map.

This time, I'm actually paying close attention to what happened each year.

Anyways, here's the Map of July 1962.

REVISED SOVIET VICTOEY.png

Other than lakes and subdivisions, it should be fairly accurate.

If you have any questions, ask.

It'll either be a mistake (Most likely) or a feature.

Oh, and before I forget, here's a W.I.P. 48 page timeline.

And I'm not even a third of the way done.

I don't know how I'm going to get to the modern day.

(^^^link^^^)

And yes, the timeline has spelling errors, as it is still a W.I.P.

I'll fix 'em once I'm to modern day.

(thanks to @Redcoat for the awesome title card!)​

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow so much here so far! (only 10 pages in to the end of 1947, have it bookmarked)

Couple of questions:

"Charles de Gaulle resigns" - this is because of the Communists in the cabinet still?

"Australia elects a Labour Party member." - I know you said there were spelling errors but... I'm gunna be that girl and say "Labor"

"The Dutch offer them independence." - West Papua?

Why was the East Prussian SSR created, and then suddenly given to Lithuania? The USSR was all about creating random republics (and ASSRs, honestly). Given the fact that Germans are more people, more people means more workers, and more workers means more Communism, I would think that Stalin and co. would much rather give all of the Königsberg region to Lithuania, make it an ASSR of the Lithuanian SSR, and glare at them menacingly until they praised Stalin six times a day. It could be a super useful propaganda tool for the East German government of the future - "The Workers of Königsberg have doubled their production! We can manage to double our quotas! Forward with SED!"

Deleted member 105545

Wow so much here so far! (only 10 pages in to the end of 1947, have it bookmarked)

Couple of questions:

"Charles de Gaulle resigns" - this is because of the Communists in the cabinet still?

"Australia elects a Labour Party member." - I know you said there were spelling errors but... I'm gunna be that girl and say "Labor"

Why was the East Prussian SSR created, and then suddenly given to Lithuania? The USSR was all about creating random republics (and ASSRs, honestly). Given the fact that Germans are more people, more people means more workers, and more workers means more Communism, I would think that Stalin and co. would much rather give all of the Königsberg region to Lithuania, make it an ASSR of the Lithuanian SSR, and glare at them menacingly until they praised Stalin six times a day. It could be a super useful propaganda tool for the East German government of the future - "The Workers of Königsberg have doubled their production! We can manage to double our quotas! Forward with SED!"

Thanks!

Yes.
tbh i just got it off wikipedia and it was historical so

I maybe possibly am copy and pasting historical events. Maybe.

Indonesia.

Stalin was... kinda crazy. I mean, IOTL he deported millions of potential workers to Siberia in Gulags. Why not just give Königsberg to Lithuania instead of Russia? Why deport East-Prussians to Siberia and Germany when you can Poland? Yeah, it is a little crazy, but this is STALIN we're talking about.

Thanks for the Questions!

Indonesia.

Yeah, I know Indonesia - but did the Netherlands give them West Papua as well? Historically, this was a huge source of tension between the two. The Dutch just... giving it up would be a very interesting new dynamic for the region. It's very localised and would really only effect Indonesia, the Netherlands, Papua New Guinea, and Australia but it's a butterfly!

Stalin was... kinda crazy. I mean, IOTL he deported millions of potential workers to Siberia in Gulags. Why not just give Königsberg to Lithuania instead of Russia? Why deport East-Prussians to Siberia and Germany when you can Poland? Yeah, it is a little crazy, but this is STALIN we're talking about.

Sure, Stalin was a bit on the... eccentric side, but even that worker aspect meant they DID do work in Siberia. They were just seen as enemies to the Stalin, ergo he used Russia's tried and true method (perfected under the Tsars), of just sending them East. My only real issue with it is that the shortest time any subdivision of the USSR existed (on a larger level, many oblasts and such had borders that lasted for a very short period) was the Mountain ASSR which lasted a few years during the early reign of the Bolsheviks.

Hell, even the Finnish had their own SSR for ~fifteen years, and these were the people Stalin was so paranoid about marching into Leningrad and capturing the city XD

Regardless, "Because Stalin" also works really well. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions. It's looking really good so far!

(I gotta preemptively apologise, I've read so many books on the Soviet Union from the Bolshevik uprising/collapse of 1991 so a Soviet Victory series for me gets me excited, I'll be hella following along)

Deleted member 105545

Yeah, I know Indonesia - but did the Netherlands give them West Papua as well? Historically, this was a huge source of tension between the two. The Dutch just... giving it up would be a very interesting new dynamic for the region. It's very localised and would really only effect Indonesia, the Netherlands, Papua New Guinea, and Australia but it's a butterfly!

Sure, Stalin was a bit on the... eccentric side, but even that worker aspect meant they DID do work in Siberia. They were just seen as enemies to the Stalin, ergo he used Russia's tried and true method (perfected under the Tsars), of just sending them East. My only real issue with it is that the shortest time any subdivision of the USSR existed (on a larger level, many oblasts and such had borders that lasted for a very short period) was the Mountain ASSR which lasted a few years during the early reign of the Bolsheviks.

Hell, even the Finnish had their own SSR for ~fifteen years, and these were the people Stalin was so paranoid about marching into Leningrad and capturing the city XD

Regardless, "Because Stalin" also works really well. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions. It's looking really good so far!

(I gotta preemptively apologise, I've read so many books on the Soviet Union from the Bolshevik uprising/collapse of 1991 so a Soviet Victory series for me gets me excited, I'll be hella following along)

Well, the Dutch wouldn't really give it up. I think I elaborate on it further in the TL.

ITTL, Stalin is even more of a nutjob. Why? Idk. It's just fun to have Crazy Stalin™ in TL's.

Yeah, the previous one was very ASB for a non-ASB scenario. That's why I started over. Having such a well versed person on the topic (such as yourself) will help a lot!

Deleted member 105545

Should North Rhodesia enforce their claims on Katanga?

ST15RM

Banned
Why? Just because, or because there is a reason?
Um
Well
The congo is ripe with conflict throughout it’s history
The war could be
communists vs republicanists
Katanga vs The rest
One dictatorship vs another
It’s your TL so it’s what you want
i’m just giving you a suggestion

Deleted member 105545

Um
Well