Elizabeth of York born a boy

What if Elizabeth of York, daughter of Edward IV and Elizabeth Woodville, born in 1466 was born a boy? I assume he would be called Edward and would be 17 by the time his father dies in 1483 so he's be old enough to rule, hopefully avoiding the regency and later the usurpation of Richard III. How will Clarence and Warwick's rebellion play out if Edward has a 3/4 year old son? Likely there will also be no Tudor dynasty and the York dynasty will probably last a lot longer.

What if Elizabeth of York, daughter of Edward IV and Elizabeth Woodville, born in 1466 was born a boy? I assume he would be called Edward and would be 17 by the time his father dies in 1483 so he's be old enough to rule, hopefully avoiding the regency and later the usurpation of Richard III. How will Clarence and Warwick's rebellion play out if Edward has a 3/4 year old son? Likely there will also be no Tudor dynasty and the York dynasty will probably last a lot longer.
It would be the Plantagenet Dynasty but with the Plantagenet-York branch ruling England like the Capations and is cadet Houses of Valos and Bourbons.

As for otl Henry Vii he most likely will be given a pardon or just settle in France or Brittany it could go either why.

As for Edward V of England he would most likely make three choices fight Scotland, Fight France or just stay at peace. If he was traumatised by living through the his father losing the crown briefly to the house of Lancaster that my but him off war but us could go the other why like with Edward III of England and Henry V

I could still see Richard III trying something if he (thinks) there's a hint of weakness on Male!Elizabeth's part.

Though with Henry Tudor out there the Clarence/Warwick rebellion could be a signal to him that the 'reign' of Edward V isn't stable and try his own Lancastrian invasion so you might still see a Tudor dynasty anyway.

But... If RL Richard has managed to hold off on rebellion against his nephew just long enough for a Tudor/Lancaster takeover, HE could be the leader of the Yorkist Rebels fighting for a new Yorkist restoration.

Basically the War of the Roses continues.

I think Richard would be ATL Edward's biggest supporter so long as the Woodvilles don't block him out. However, by this age, ATL Edward would have been groomed and raised to succeed his father, would probably have some combat experience. Richard likely wouldn't see that a 17 year old young man would be as perilous as what happened in OTL with a much younger boy.

There is also a good chance ATL Edward is already married, possibly to Anne of Brittany.

I could still see Richard III trying something if he (thinks) there's a hint of weakness on Male!Elizabeth's part.

Though with Henry Tudor out there the Clarence/Warwick rebellion could be a signal to him that the 'reign' of Edward V isn't stable and try his own Lancastrian invasion so you might still see a Tudor dynasty anyway.

But... If RL Richard has managed to hold off on rebellion against his nephew just long enough for a Tudor/Lancaster takeover, HE could be the leader of the Yorkist Rebels fighting for a new Yorkist restoration.

Basically the War of the Roses continues.
Richard III will try absolutely nothing as he will not be considered above guy!Elizabeth.
He will be his nephew's staunchest supporter and advisor

Or he will just get close enough for an actual backstab...

Richard didn’t start out wanting to be King. He wanted his nephew out from the control of the Woodviles and in the process he burned to many bridges. His only way out was to become king.

Richard was his brother’s loyalist supporter. With an adult heir, Richard won’t worry as much about the Woodviles controlling his nephew.

For most of his life the Tudor goals was simply to be able to return to England and be Earl. No one including the Tudors thought about him trying for the throne.

Richard didn’t start out wanting to be King. He wanted his nephew out from the control of the Woodviles and in the process he burned to many bridges. His only way out was to become king.

Richard was his brother’s loyalist supporter. With an adult heir, Richard won’t worry as much about the Woodviles controlling his nephew.

For most of his life the Tudor goals was simply to be able to return to England and be Earl. No one including the Tudors thought about him trying for the throne.
Now that we have established that Richard and Henry didn't initially start out wanting to be king.
Guy Elizabeth probably allows Tudor to be earl, perhaps pairs the guy up with one of his sisters, or Jasper Tudor is paired with one of his aunts. He probably weds Isabella of Aragon, IOTL Queen of Portugal

Personally I like her Neapolitan cousin better…frees her up for Portugal and Isabella of Naples is more interesting imho
Seconding this, Aragon's going to prefer the Portuguese connection over an English connection, so Isabella of Aragon is almost definitely still going to Portugal. And Isabella of Naples is a pretty cool lady.

I did a thing on this once.

TBH a lot depends on the character of Boy!Elizabeth. Late teens still really isn't an age of majority, but he would be in a much stronger position than real-life Edward. If he's well known and popular he may have smooth sailing. The physical location of the new King and various courtiers will likely be different with an active teen rather than a 13 year old in a castle, and the relative locations of the various plays were a major factor in Richard's successful seizure of power. Some also depend on your assessment of Richard III and his ambitions. Personally, while I think he definitely killed the Princes in the tower, a more convincing heir makes it unlikely he makes a play for the throne.

I did a thing on this once.

TBH a lot depends on the character of Boy!Elizabeth. Late teens still really isn't an age of majority, but he would be in a much stronger position than real-life Edward. If he's well known and popular he may have smooth sailing. The physical location of the new King and various courtiers will likely be different with an active teen rather than a 13 year old in a castle, and the relative locations of the various plays were a major factor in Richard's successful seizure of power. Some also depend on your assessment of Richard III and his ambitions. Personally, while I think he definitely killed the Princes in the tower, a more convincing heir makes it unlikely he makes a play for the throne.
I also think he killed the princes in the tower, but late teens is considered adult (in France you were thought of as adult once you were around 13/14). Boy Elizabeth would be 17, old enough to rule and have kids.

I also think he killed the princes in the tower, but late teens is considered adult (in France you were thought of as adult once you were around 13/14). Boy Elizabeth would be 17, old enough to rule and have kids.
It's honestly a little iffy. No one had ever assumed the English throne at this age. Moany regency Kings had a soft landing of sorts as they exited their minority but left the realm to advisors for some time after, slowly emerging on their own.

Edward V of England b 1466 d 1513 m Isabella of Naples b 1470 d 1515
Issue:

-Elizabeth of York b 1488
-Edward b 1490-92
-Richard III of England b 1493
-Bianca of York b 1496
-Edmund of York b 1500

Edward V of England b 1466 d 1513 m Isabella of Naples b 1470 d 1515
Issue:

-Elizabeth of York b 1488
-Edward b 1490-92
-Richard III of England b 1493
-Bianca of York b 1496
-Edmund of York b 1500
Elizabeth of York b. 1488 m. Ferdinand of Calabria b. 1488
Richard III b. 1493 m. Claude of Brittany b. 1499
Bianca b. 1496 m. Francis I b. 1494 or Charles V b. 1500
Edmund b. 1500 m. Elizabeth Stafford b. 1497

Last edited:
Richard III b. 1493 m. Bona Sforza b. 1494
Bona is butterflied given Isabella of Naples married Edward V. And Elizabeth of York is too precious to give to Ferdinand.

Richard III b. 1493 m. Claude of Brittany b. 1499
I think we’d see Elizabeth married to James IV of Scotland or a son of his by Cecily of York, Richard can marry an ATL Habsburg girl, Bianca can marry an ATL version of Charles V, and Edmund probably gets some ATL English heiress (preferably an ATL heiress of Henry Tudor) or one of the de la tour d’Auvergne girls.