Election Day Game by John Gastil - Megathread

• Thread starter Deleted member 87099
  • Start date
election day the game gravel quayle liberman.PNG

2008 Democratic Primaries

2008 primary.PNG

The 2008 Democratic primaries were hectic. First, Obama won an upset victory in Iowa, with Clinton finishing second. However, the real shocker came when John Edwards pulled off an incredible victory and won New Hampshire. Nevertheless, Edwards' momentum soon faded and Obama became the frontrunner. Then, suddenly Hillary Clinton made a comeback and went on to win Florida and Texas, as well as her adopted home state of New York. A narrow 0.1% victory in the California completed the upset and Hillary Clinton became the Democratic frontrunner.

However, her campaign eventually ground to a halt due to poor debate performances and mounting scandal. All of a sudden, John Edwards was catapulted back into the race and won several states like Oregon and New Jersey. As the race headed into the summer, a deadlocked convention was all but certain when the party's super delegates split evenly between the candidates.

A chaotic contested convention eventually led to Obama emerging victorious on the second ballot. Barack Hussein Obama was now the nominee of the Democratic party, a fierce general election lay ahead...

Last edited:
2008 Republican Primaries

2008 gop.PNG

The 2008 Republican primaries were anticipated as being a coronation for frontrunner Mike Huckabee. Indeed, he led all the national polls and cruised to easy victories in early voting states such as Iowa and New Hampshire. However, a stunning upset victory by John McCain in California derailed Huckabee's momentum. The race was suddenly back into contention and both McCain and Romney would campaign bitterly to win back the nomination from Huckabee.

Alas, it was not to be. The moderate wing of the party was divided between Romney and McCain and Mike Dale Huckabee became the Republican nominee.

The 2008 election was to be Obama vs Huckabee. The most hotly anticipated election in American history was about to begin...

Last edited:
2008 General Election

2008.PNG

In the 2008 election, set against the backdrop of the Great Recession and the Iraq War, would lead to the largest Democratic landslide since Franklin Roosevelt. Barack Obama would win 518 EV defeating Mike Huckabee in an unprecedented landslide, with its coattails leading to a filibuster proof Democratic majority in Congress.

The first African American President took office on January 20th, 2009...

cr_senategov_barack_obama.jpg

Barack Hussein Obama

44th President of the United States

Last edited:
2012 Republican Primaries

2012 gop.PNG

The 2012 Republican Primary began with a closely contested result in the Iowa caucus between Senator Sam Brownback and Governor George Pataki. The rivalry heated up with Pataki winning the New Hampshire primary and setting the stage for a close race.

However, Pataki's momentum soon fizzled out as Sam Brownback scored numerous victories and George Pataki's rivals Romney and Gingrich also winning a few states. However, Brownback would eventually triumph and therefore Samuel Dale Brownback would be the Republican nominee.

A grueling general election campaign against President Obama lay ahead. The question was, would Brownback win back the White House?

2012 General Election

2012 alt.PNG

The 2012 election would turn out to be closer than 2008, with many voters disappointed in Obama's performance over the past 4 years. However, with a recovering economy and victories in the debates, Obama was re-elected with 386 EV, a strong mandate but a far cry from his 2008 victory.

With 4 years to go, Obama would work on getting more of his agenda passed. Meanwhile, candidates began preparing for 2016...

2016 Democratic Primaries

2016 dem.PNG

The 2016 Democratic primaries became a coronation for Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton who became the nominee of the Democratic party in 2016 and the first female nominee of a major party.

The 2016 election lay ahead, it would be fought on the economy, and legacy of President Obama...

2016 Republican Primaries

genusmap.php

The Republican Primaries of 2016 also led to a coronation for businessman Steve Forbes, who made a stunning political comeback, defeating Senator Chuck Hagel as well as Mitt Romney, who was in his third presidential run. Malcolm Stevenson "Steve" Forbes would be the official nominee of the Republican party.

Clinton vs Forbes. A close race was expected in the race to elect the 45th President of the United States...

2016 General Election

2016 alt.PNG

After 8 years of Obama, voters wanted change and gave Steve Forbes a strong mandate. Forbes won in a near landslide, sweeping the heartlands, seizing the Democratic stronghold of Illinois and winning back the old Republican territory of the Northeast after several decades. Steve Forbes would become one of only three Presidents who had not held elected nor political office...

220px-Steve_Forbes_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

Malcolm Stevenson "Steve" Forbes

45th President of the United States

I'm sorry to bump this - but I didn't know any other way - does anyone have a copy of the installer and can upload it somewhere?

I am sorry to bump this but does anybody know anyone that has the expertise to be able to revive this? I was in contact with John Gastil via email, and he gave us full privilege to find someone to fix it up.

Deleted member 87099

I am sorry to bump this but does anybody know anyone that has the expertise to be able to revive this? I was in contact with John Gastil via email, and he gave us full privilege to find someone to fix it up.

That's actually amazing! It's a shame I don't have the skills necessary all on my own.