Eleanor Talbot

I'm reading a book about Lady Eleanor Talbot at the minute and it got me thinking that what if Edward IV was made to stay married to her?

It can be for whatever reason, maybe somebody else finds out and it comes out to the court etc or maybe Eleanor is more strong will and doesn't passively accept that he has no plan to honor what she thought was there coming together.

How can this change things, in the book i'm reading it says that her sister (married to Duke of Norfolk) had real trouble conceiving so maybe she would as well?

I'm reading a book about Lady Eleanor Talbot at the minute and it got me thinking that what if Edward IV was made to stay married to her?

It can be for whatever reason, maybe somebody else finds out and it comes out to the court etc or maybe Eleanor is more strong will and doesn't passively accept that he has no plan to honor what she thought was there coming together.

How can this change things, in the book i'm reading it says that her sister (married to Duke of Norfolk) had real trouble conceiving so maybe she would as well?
The whole betrothal thing was a legal fiction created by Richard III to justify his usurpation of the throne.If Eleanor married Edward IV and had children,Richard will say that Edward IV was betrothed to someone else when he married Eleanor.