'El Imperio Espanol Mundial'

The Castilians began the campaign by marching east. Once again, as they had in the war with Portugal, the speed with which the Castilian knights took to the field provided them a key strategic advantage. Over the course of the first eighteen months of the war, there was a litany of victorious sieges; Zaragosa, Huesca, Valencia and Alicante were each taken. Despite numerous attempt to progress further, King Henry found himself using ever greater numbers of troops attempting to maintain order and suppress rebellion in the newly-occupied territories.

As the numbers became stretched, King Henry increased taxes on his people and drove large numbers of men into servitude, having a devastating affect on his economy. The effect was worsened when, in 1412, the Portuguese army moved into Andalusia, headed up by their King consort, Louis of Orleans. In a vicious battle outside Seville, a ragtag group of new Castilian conscripts was annihilated and a long siege of the city began. In the north, King Richard II of England landed in Cantabria with a force of twelve thousand, laying hold of the city of Santander, and deploying small forces to harass Galicia and Asturias.

In 1413, confident French troops crossed the Pyrenees into Catalunya. Having failed to prevent English landings, the French regent, John the Fearless decided to relieve the threat to Castile in the east. By cutting off Barcelona, John expected to be able to end supply to the forces harassing Castile and force James of Urgell to surrender his claim. Any French expectations were shattered when a well-aimed arrow terminated the earthly existence of their Regent on 11 November. His son, Philip the Good, was much less committed to the interests of the main Valois line and, while maintaining a naval blockade of Aragonese harbours, failed to contribute significantly to the war thereafter. A greater contribution was made by Ladislas of Naples and the Doge of Genoa, Tomaso di Campofregoso, who occupied the outlying portions of the Kingdom of Aragon. When the Pope complained, Ladislas occupied Rome and made off with a treasury of ducats before the aging Benedict XIII agreed to recognise his claim. By the end of the war, Genoan troops had occupied Corsica and Naples had swallowed most of Aragon's peninsular holding in Italy.

By mid-1414, recognising the threat to his reign from the combined forces of England and Portugal, King Henry was much more open to compromise with the Count of Urgell. Meeting in Valencia on 13 April, 1414, they reached an agreement that ended the eastern theatre of war. Both sides would agree to a truce under the current order would be perpetuated; in effect, a partition of the Kingdom of Aragon took place. James became the first Duke of Catalunya, while the throne of Aragon (minus its Sicilian possessions) would pass to Alfonso, the brother of King Henry. James' eldest daughter, the seven-year-old Isabel, was betrothed to the new king, even though he was nineteen years her senior, and the Duke's newborn son, Philip, would wed the six-year-old Infanta Maria of Castile.

The Treaty of Valencia enable King Henry to effectively respond to Portugal and England. Battles were engaged across the south, relieving the sieges of Corboda and Cadiz. Outside Cadiz, Henry engaged directly with the Portugese consort, with the battle resulting in the death of the latter in October, 1414. Queen Beatrice of Portugal persisted with her claims until mid-1415, by which time the English king believed her cause futile as Castilian troops rampaged through her southern lands. He convinced her to withdraw her claim in return for both receiving suitable reparations after Henry, Duke of Hereford (son of John of Gaunt and Castilian claimant) passed away.

Effects of the War

The failure of France in the early days of the war convinced King Henry that his key ally was no longer particularly useful. Most of the key figures who had overseen the founding of the relationship were long departed and thus the personal basis for the alliance had significantly dissipated. Over the years remaining to Henry of Castile, relations with France were cooled and cooperation was kept to a minimum.

Portugal had suffered heavy damage to her north during its succession war and now much of her south have been ravaged. At the end of the conflict, Queen Beatrice had a state that was financially unstable and a crown whose reputation was much diminished by the mismanagement of her unbalanced and ambitious husband. Her own nobility rose against her, and her forced purchase of their loyalty negated any benefit which may have been achieved from the reparations achieved in the peace deal with Castile. Queen Beatrice passed away in 1417, leaving the throne to her son, King John I.

The intermarriages created by the Treaty of Valencia ensured, despite the intentions of its authors, that the Crown of Aragon would be reunified under the Trastamara after the twenty years of the so-called "Urgell Interregnum".

Last edited:
Good update LacheyS.

It is remarkable your information about aragonese and castillian history:);).

Some comments but in reference to the Treaty of Valencia and in reference to the political situation of some islands of the Mediterranean:

In reference to Corsica the situation is not so clear as showed in the last map provided by you, at this moment if TTL continues more or less the evolution of Corsica until the beginning of the XV century: the island is the field of a battle for its control between Aragon, Genoa (through partially at least of the private society of traders named Maona that was in any case promoted by the Genoan State -at this time influenced in great part by the Fregoso family if they have suceeded like in OTL in the expel of Montferrat dominion-) and the corsican nobles.

To say it clearly the control is contested between Aragon, Genoa and corsican nobles.

The same happens practically with Sardinia, in this case there is a rebellion against Aragon if TTL has followed basically the same path that OTL in reference to Sardinia, in OTL the last rebel stronghold not surrendered until 1420 (Sassari), this rebellion were leaded or supported by the last independent iudicati in the island Arborea, in fact a more or less real pacification of the island not suceeded totally until the definitive dissollution of the Arborea iudicati after the battle of Macomer in 1478.

Naturally with the chaos of the Aragonese Succession War in TTL I have a lot of suspicions that Genoa and Arborea has profited this war to in the case of Genoa consolidate or dominate great part of Corsica and in the case of Arbore save some catalanoaragonese strongholds exercise a complete control of the island.

To say it clearly Alfonso the new king of Aragon (except Catalunya) will have to figh a very hard and long fight to reconquer the position of Aragon in these two islands.

In reference to the Balearic Islands and in this case I will made a suggestion about the Treaty of Valencia:

Balearic Islands in fact has not formed a real administrative unity until modern times, historically in fact the three-four islands Mallorca, Menorca and the named Pitiusas Islands (Ibiza + Formentera) has followed different paths in the history and nowadays the culture and history of these three-four islands continue having clear differences.

Ibiza-Formentera and Mallorca could have even supported the possible candidature of Alfonso with the aim of have priviliges than in OTL they had not, at the difference of Valencia, Aragon, Catalunya and Sicily Mallorca for example had not his own "parliamentary" institutions.

Menorca but is a more complex case in OTL in the named Catalan Civil War of 1462-72 between the Generalitat of Catalunya (the civil government of Catalunya) and the king of Aragon Joan II Menorca was the only balearic island that see fighting, with Mahon supporting the Generalitat of Catalunya and Ciutadella supporting the king (the island so was broken in two parts, north loyal to the king, south supporting the Generalitat), in the case of Ciutadella thanks to the decided intervention of a group of supporters of the king.

So Menorca of the three islands was the most influenced by the events in Catalunya, also we have to think that if Jaume of Urgell want to gain the support of the trader burguesy of Barcelona, he will need have a point of support in the Mediterranean for the development of the commerce of the port of Barcelona, in this case Menorca would be a logic idea (also we could see in this Aragonese Succession War Ibiza and Mallorca partidaries of Alfonso and Menorca partidary of Jaume, so at the end of the hostilities Menorca could have remained a possesion of Jaume).

So I will made the suggestion of making Menorca a possesion of the new Duke of Catalunya, this would be my suggested change to the treaty of Valencia.

Apart of this only to say that go on with this great TL.:cool:

Best regards

Iñaki

Good update LacheyS.

It is remarkable your information about aragonese and castillian history:);).

Thanks, but I disagree that I know a lot about this part of the history. I am doing a lot of reading, but the fact that I missed details about Genoa in this part of the timeline indicates that you're being very polite.

Some comments but in reference to the Treaty of Valencia and in reference to the political situation of some islands of the Mediterranean:

In reference to Corsica the situation is not so clear as showed in the last map provided by you, at this moment if TTL continues more or less the evolution of Corsica until the beginning of the XV century: the island is the field of a battle for its control between Aragon, Genoa (through partially at least of the private society of traders named Maona that was in any case promoted by the Genoan State -at this time influenced in great part by the Fregoso family if they have suceeded like in OTL in the expel of Montferrat dominion-) and the corsican nobles.

To say it clearly the control is contested between Aragon, Genoa and corsican nobles.

The same happens practically with Sardinia, in this case there is a rebellion against Aragon if TTL has followed basically the same path that OTL in reference to Sardinia, in OTL the last rebel stronghold not surrendered until 1420 (Sassari), this rebellion were leaded or supported by the last independent iudicati in the island Arborea, in fact a more or less real pacification of the island not suceeded totally until the definitive dissollution of the Arborea iudicati after the battle of Macomer in 1478.

Naturally with the chaos of the Aragonese Succession War in TTL I have a lot of suspicions that Genoa and Arborea has profited this war to in the case of Genoa consolidate or dominate great part of Corsica and in the case of Arbore save some catalanoaragonese strongholds exercise a complete control of the island.

To say it clearly Alfonso the new king of Aragon (except Catalunya) will have to figh a very hard and long fight to reconquer the position of Aragon in these two islands.

Thanks for the information. I have decided to make Genoa another one of the scavengers who takes advantage of this war, as I have no desire for Alfonso to be excessively tied down worrying about innumerable rebellions. I have made the modifications in the text.

In reference to the Balearic Islands and in this case I will made a suggestion about the Treaty of Valencia:

Balearic Islands in fact has not formed a real administrative unity until modern times, historically in fact the three-four islands Mallorca, Menorca and the named Pitiusas Islands (Ibiza + Formentera) has followed different paths in the history and nowadays the culture and history of these three-four islands continue having clear differences.

Ibiza-Formentera and Mallorca could have even supported the possible candidature of Alfonso with the aim of have priviliges than in OTL they had not, at the difference of Valencia, Aragon, Catalunya and Sicily Mallorca for example had not his own "parliamentary" institutions.

Menorca but is a more complex case in OTL in the named Catalan Civil War of 1462-72 between the Generalitat of Catalunya (the civil government of Catalunya) and the king of Aragon Joan II Menorca was the only balearic island that see fighting, with Mahon supporting the Generalitat of Catalunya and Ciutadella supporting the king (the island so was broken in two parts, north loyal to the king, south supporting the Generalitat), in the case of Ciutadella thanks to the decided intervention of a group of supporters of the king.

So Menorca of the three islands was the most influenced by the events in Catalunya, also we have to think that if Jaume of Urgell want to gain the support of the trader burguesy of Barcelona, he will need have a point of support in the Mediterranean for the development of the commerce of the port of Barcelona, in this case Menorca would be a logic idea (also we could see in this Aragonese Succession War Ibiza and Mallorca partidaries of Alfonso and Menorca partidary of Jaume, so at the end of the hostilities Menorca could have remained a possesion of Jaume).

So I will made the suggestion of making Menorca a possesion of the new Duke of Catalunya, this would be my suggested change to the treaty of Valencia.

Apart of this only to say that go on with this great TL.:cool:

Best regards

Iñaki

Your logic is very sound on the Balearics and I have updated the map accordingly.

Western Med (1417).png

I wonder about the fate of the royal bastard (D. Afonso), the OTL 7th count of Barcelos and 1st Duke of Braganza.
Keep it up, LacheyS!:)

I wonder about the fate of the royal bastard (D. Afonso), the OTL 7th count of Barcelos and 1st Duke of Braganza.
Keep it up, LacheyS!:)

Not sure, as I haven't focused on Portugal much. However, he was born before the POD so he would still be around, and he would have been too young to fight in the succession war. Without his father becoming King, as he did in OTL, he certainly would not have had such a prestigious marriage and I cannot imagine that he would be anything more than a footnote in TTL. There is another war coming up with Portugal (the last war with Portugal), in which he will be old enough now to participate, but, while I have an outline of that war, I don't have specific details on participation.

King Henry III died on 9 August, 1421.

At the time of his departure from this world, the country of Castile was at peace. During his reign, he had not only won his brother a throne, but he had built for his nation a sizable population of Muslims through the annexation of territories in North Africa. A peace agreement reached with the Emirs of Morocco and Algiers had created for Castile a series of ports across the Straits of Gibraltar: Ceuta, Tangiers and Melilla all lay within his realm.

The surrender of these cities marked the beginning of the imperial age for Castile. The ideas of expansion were further emphasised by the accidental re-discovery of a group of islands when a group of ships transporting troops to the coast of southern Morocco were blown off course in a storm. Finding a citadel with clear European origin, as well as various statues and representations of the Virgin, they enquired with the indigenous inhabitants and learnt the name of a Genoan navigator who had lived on the islands during the previous century. The Malocello Islands(1) were named in his honour and claimed as the property of the King of Castile. Numerous expeditions would be sent to the islands before they were finally colonised in 1451.

The death of King Henry without children meant that the throne passed to his brother, King Alfonso V of Aragon, who now also styled himself as Alfonso XII of Castile. Alfonso had two advantages which made him an exceptional monarch. Firstly, unusally for his heavily intermarried family, Alfonso had been a particularly healthy and long-lived individual. At the time of his death, he was approaching the age of seventy. This longevity brought a considerable stability and consistency to the Trastamara Dynasty. By the time of his death, the conflicts within the family over succession that had led to a civil war in the age of his grandfather was an ancient memory. The second advantage was his fortunate marriage to Isabel of Urgell. Not only did she bear him a relatively large number of surviving children, she also became successor to her father as Duchess of Catalunya, a title that would eventually pass to her firstborn, Berenguer I of Spain (b. 1426).

(1) OTL Canarias Islands

Last edited:
Originally posted by LacheyS
The surrender of these cities marked the beginning of the imperial age for Castile. The ideas of expansion were further emphasised by the accidental re-discovery of a group of islands when a group of ships transporting troops to the coast of southern Morocco were blown off course in a storm. Finding a citadel with clear European origin, as well as various statues and representations of the Virgin, they enquired with the indigenous inhabitants and learnt the name of a Genoan navigator who had lived on the islands during the previous century. The Malocello Islands(1) were named in his honour and claimed as the property of the King of Castile. Numerous expeditions would be sent to the islands before they were finally colonised in 1451.

Original and plaussible idea to name it with the surname of Lancelotto Malocello ;)(in OTL one of the Canary Islands, Lanzarote, was named in honour of his name Lanzarote-Lancelotto).

There was a hard fighting to conquer these islands principally in Gran Canaria and Tenerife, the guanches although not advanced politically and technologically (there was not a Bronze age in the islands because the lack of metals in the islands) were formidable warriors.

In the Eastern Islands principally Gran Canaria the organization was until certain point of little kingdoms under the figures of the Guanartemes (more or less like local kings) while the Western Islands like Tenerife and La Palma were organized in cantons with chiefs named menceys (in some cases like Tenerife these cantons could form a League under a mencey where Benitomo mencey of Taoro was the chief of the League of the Guanches, this League was organized against the castillian conquerors, finally Tenerife fall in 1494-96) the castillian after the initial encounters with the fierce guanches played also the card of the diplomacy getting the alliance of some guanartemes and menceys (La Palma was conquered finally in great part by pacific way because the cantons agreed in negotiate their submission).

More or less in OTL from 1478-1496 the conquest under the lead of the government of Castilla over the principal islands lasted 18-20 years (before this were attempts of conquest under feudal nobles like Bethencourt without too much success in general except in some minor islands).

In this case so we could deduct that 1451 is the final data of conquest of these islands?

In reference to the History of Aragon and Castilla (and the future united Spain) there was several social problems that culminated in important revolts that could too follow a similar path in TTL:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remença

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irmandiño

and the foran uprising in Mallorca (a rebellion of the rural part of Mallorca against the priviliges of the urban people of the City of Mallorca)

By the way I am asking myself how the Hundred Years develop in TTL? Agincourt or something similar to this battle happens in TTL?

In this case so we could deduct that 1451 is the final data of conquest of these islands?

Yep, they will be in the final years of Alfonso's reign, when he will colonise three different island groups, known in OTL as the Canarias, the Azores and Madeira. He will also be the monarch who commissions the first expedition of Fadrique Cortes, but the second and third expeditions will take place in the time of Philip (Felipe) I.

However, most of Alfonso's reign wil be taken up with war against England, Portugal, Morocco and Algeria. That is, his reign will mainly be marked with the responsibility for completing the wars begun by his brother and father.

In reference to the History of Aragon and Castilla (and the future united Spain) there was several social problems that culminated in important revolts that could too follow a similar path in TTL:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remença

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irmandiño

and the foran uprising in Mallorca (a rebellion of the rural part of Mallorca against the priviliges of the urban people of the City of Mallorca)

By the way I am asking myself how the Hundred Years develop in TTL? Agincourt or something similar to this battle happens in TTL?

The Hundred Years War (which will be called something else in this timeline) is still underway in the 1490's and I have, at this time, no date for a final peace between France and England. There is currently peace between the two great powers, but it will not endure much past the death of King Richard II, as the new King Edmund (OTL Earl of March) and his son, King Henry IV (OTL Henry V) will pursue glories on the field of battle.

The death of King Henry without children meant that the throne passed to his brother, King Alfonso V of Aragon, who now also styled himself as Alfonso XII of Castile. Alfonso had two advantages which made him an exceptional monarch. Firstly, unusally for his heavily intermarried family, Alfonso had been a particularly healthy and long-lived individual. At the time of his death, he was approaching the age of seventy. This longevity brought a considerable stability and consistency to the Trastamara Dynasty. By the time of his death, the conflicts within the family over succession that had led to a civil war in the age of his grandfather was an ancient memory. The second advantage was his fortunate marriage to Isabel of Urgell. Not only did she bear him a relatively large number of surviving children, she also became successor to her father as Duchess of Catalunya, a title that would eventually pass to her firstborn, Philip I of Spain (b. 1426).

Thinking in TTL, I realize of one thing that today I have comproved in Internet and in Enciclopedias and books of history, the name Felipe (Philip) was not used in Spain until the arrival in OTL of Felipe I el Hermoso (Philip I the handsome), this king was flemish (he was born in Brujas) after him, this name would be adopted by another kings of Spain (Habsburg and Borbon, the two dinasties of german/flemish and french procedence where Philip was a name used normally).

So in Spain Felipe was not used as a name until his popularization by a serie of kings of not spanish procedence.

I said this because I have serious doubts that Alfonso and Isabel had put a foreign name (Philip) to his son.

Thinking in TTL, I realize of one thing that today I have comproved in Internet and in Enciclopedias and books of history, the name Felipe (Philip) was not used in Spain until the arrival in OTL of Felipe I el Hermoso (Philip I the handsome), this king was flemish (he was born in Brujas) after him, this name would be adopted by another kings of Spain (Habsburg and Borbon, the two dinasties of german/flemish and french procedence where Philip was a name used normally).

So in Spain Felipe was not used as a name until his popularization by a serie of kings of not spanish procedence.

I said this because I have serious doubts that Alfonso and Isabel had put a foreign name (Philip) to his son.
Wow. Never knew that. Thank you for the information.

Well, I would like it to be a name that hasn't been used before, so that he would be the first of that name. Any recommendations?

Alfonso XII had barely arrived upon the throne of Castile when the long-running conflict between France and England erupted once more. King Richard II of England (1377-1420) had recently died and it had become clear that King Edmund, the former Earl of March, was preparing to try his hand, as had many kings before, at reclaiming the possessions in Normandy. He had picked an opportune moment.

In France, King Charles VI was in clear decline and there was already division with the court. Primarily, the factions were pro-Burgundy, led by the Regent, John the Fearless, and anti-Burgundy, led by the Count of Armagnac, John IV. The former was gravely concerned that the power the Dukes of Burgundy had accumulated from decades of regency were about to be lost and were making manoeuvres to place pressure on the young Dauphin. They hoped he would remain firmly under Burgundian control and threatened that, if he sought to exercise his own independent thinking, Burgundy might well defect and support the English claims to the throne. The latter were the champions of the Dauphin, and sought to ensure his succession and his independence. The potential for civil war in France was clear.

In Castile, King Alfonso was pragmatic in weighing his position on the issues. He had already ensured the union of all parts of the peninsula, save for Portugal and Navarre. Queen Blanche of Navarre had already left Toledo and returned to her own lands, but she had declined all offers to marry her to another one of her late husband's relatives. Rather than exerting diplomatic pressure, Alfonso had made the decision the incorporation of Navarre could wait. Instead, he encouraged his former sister-in-law in her affections towards the Count of Foix in the hopes of strengthening her state and creating a buffer between himself and the French.

His approach towards Portugal, like his brother before him, was one of hostility. However, he recognised that the conquest of Portugal could never be complete as long as England stood as defender. Alfonso was also unconvinced of the value of the French alliance into the future, and stood on the side of the Burgundians, with their stabilising influence, into the future. He made the decision that the long-term future of his nation lay not with France, but with England and Burgundy, with the hope of eventually neutralising English concerns to the extent he could gobble up his western neighbour. Weighing in his favour was the fact that the leader of the anti-English faction, the Count of Armagnac, was married to the daughter of eldest daughter of Portugal's King John. By placing England and Portugal on opposite sides of the conflict, he hoped to permanently split the two.

The English-French war resumed in 1422 when John the Fearless was murdered by the new King Charles VII of France. The English monarch, feigning outrage, insisted that it was proof of the illegitimacy of the new king and the Valois line. He was well prepared and immediately invaded. Burgundian forces attempted to stage a coup d'etat in Paris, but, having failed, also begin to raise arms against the French. Declaring a limited acceptance of the English interpretation of events, Alfonso XII and his former sister-in-law agreed to launch an operation against Armagnac, insisting that the Count John had poisoned the mind of the new French king and determining that it was his removal which was required to end the insanity beyond his northern borders.

King John of Portugal, wedged by Alfonso's tactics, had a choice between abandoning his daughter or abandoning his support of England. He chose the latter, refusing to take sides in the conflict. In doing so, he created the opportunity for Castile which would ensure the decline and fall of his nation as an independent entity within the next thirty years.

Well, I would like it to be a name that hasn't been used before, so that he would be the first of that name. Any recommendations?

There are some castillian names that has not been used as name of kings, like Diego or Rodrigo (although this last is very famous for Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar "El Cid").

Although.... I have a suggestion could be a little daring but it could work, because Alfonso has married with Isabel of Urgell duchess of Catalunya and also firstly has been king only of Aragon before being king of Castilla and Aragon his first son could be named with a catalan name to honour their catalonian subdits and his wife, although not a castillian name it could work for all Spain:

The name is Berenguer.

There are some castillian names that has not been used as name of kings, like Diego or Rodrigo (although this last is very famous for Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar "El Cid").

Although.... I have a suggestion could be a little daring but it could work, because Alfonso has married with Isabel of Urgell duchess of Catalunya and also firstly has been king only of Aragon before being king of Castilla and Aragon his first son could be named with a catalan name to honour their catalonian subdits and his wife, although not a castillian name it could work for all Spain:

The name is Berenguer.

Thank you. Great idea!

A pleasure to could help in this great TL ;):cool:

The name will sound some strange for the castillians but well if in OTL Philip was popularized with the Habsburg and the Borbons, could be Berenguer have the same luck

The English-French war resumed in 1422 when John the Fearless was murdered by the new King Charles VII of France. The English monarch, feigning outrage, insisted that it was proof of the illegitimacy of the new king and the Valois line. He was well prepared and immediately invaded. Burgundian forces attempted to stage a coup d'etat in Paris, but, having failed, also begin to raise arms against the French. Declaring a limited acceptance of the English interpretation of events, Alfonso XII and his former sister-in-law agreed to launch an operation against Armagnac, insisting that the Count John had poisoned the mind of the new French king and determining that it was his removal which was required to end the insanity beyond his northern borders.

As you say before this could be instead the Hundred Years War, the 150 years war or even more:D

In Castile, King Alfonso was pragmatic in weighing his position on the issues. He had already ensured the union of all parts of the peninsula, save for Portugal and Navarre. Queen Blanche of Navarre had already left Toledo and returned to her own lands, but she had declined all offers to marry her to another one of her late husband's relatives. Rather than exerting diplomatic pressure, Alfonso had made the decision the incorporation of Navarre could wait. Instead, he encouraged his former sister-in-law in her affections towards the Count of Foix in the hopes of strengthening her state and creating a buffer between himself and the French.

His approach towards Portugal, like his brother before him, was one of hostility. However, he recognised that the conquest of Portugal could never be complete as long as England stood as defender. Alfonso was also unconvinced of the value of the French alliance into the future, and stood on the side of the Burgundians, with their stabilising influence, into the future. He made the decision that the long-term future of his nation lay not with France, but with England and Burgundy, with the hope of eventually neutralising English concerns to the extent he could gobble up his western neighbour. Weighing in his favour was the fact that the leader of the anti-English faction, the Count of Armagnac, was married to the daughter of eldest daughter of Portugal's King John. By placing England and Portugal on opposite sides of the conflict, he hoped to permanently split the two.

Remember Also that Alfonso XII will have also to treat with the problems of the Crown of Aragon, in concrete in Sardinia surely will have to made campaigns against Arborea.

Remember Also that Alfonso XII will have also to treat with the problems of the Crown of Aragon, in concrete in Sardinia surely will have to made campaigns against Arborea.

I thought that Martin I dealt with this at the Battle of Sanluri. Wouldn't the already suppressed Sardinians come across like any other part of Aragon? If not, why not? Would a brief native rebellion in the 1430's satisfy requirements?

You have reason in reference to the battle of Sanluri, it should have ended the Arborean problem, unfortunately in OTL the death of Martin I, make possible the return of Guillem II of Narbona that was viscount of Narbona and Jutge of Arborea during 1407-1417, he get to reenter in Sardenya where he occupy Sasser and Longosardo and leaded a sard rebellion in the north, he try to conquer Alguer and Oristany but he was routed by Leonard de Cubello, at the end in 1420 after realizing he could not have possibilities of getting anyting positive surrendered his claims to Arborea and Sasser definitively in 1420.

This is the guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_III_of_Narbonne

In OTL William III (or II, it depend if you count William, son of Bernat of Septimania as count of Narbona) was defeated at the end without too much problems, but in OTL there was no Aragonese Succession War, in TTL William I think could have get to gain the sufficient time with this war to consolidate his position in the island, surely he would not dominate all the island, catalan reducts like Oristany, Alguer and Cagliari could have get defeat the attempts of William of conquer them but probably William could have dominated the rest of the island profiting the Succession War in Aragon.

I think that Alfonso will have to treat with certain nasty narbonian fly named William:D before he could consolidate or reconquest the aragonese dominion in Sardinia.

You have reason in reference to the battle of Sanluri, it should have ended the Arborean problem, unfortunately in OTL the death of Martin I, make possible the return of Guillem II of Narbona that was viscount of Narbona and Jutge of Arborea during 1407-1417, he get to reenter in Sardenya where he occupy Sasser and Longosardo and leaded a sard rebellion in the north, he try to conquer Alguer and Oristany but he was routed by Leonard de Cubello, at the end in 1420 after realizing he could not have possibilities of getting anyting positive surrendered his claims to Arborea and Sasser definitively in 1420.

This is the guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_III_of_Narbonne

In OTL William III (or II, it depend if you count William, son of Bernat of Septimania as count of Narbona) was defeated at the end without too much problems, but in OTL there was no Aragonese Succession War, in TTL William I think could have get to gain the sufficient time with this war to consolidate his position in the island, surely he would not dominate all the island, catalan reducts like Oristany, Alguer and Cagliari could have get defeat the attempts of William of conquer them but probably William could have dominated the rest of the island profiting the Succession War in Aragon.

I think that Alfonso will have to treat with certain nasty narbonian fly named William:D before he could consolidate or reconquest the aragonese dominion in Sardinia.

I appreciate the work, but I am going to assume that any attempt by William to take advantage of the Aragonese War failed or was bribed off. I'm also going to take the policy that, unless a rebellion by a local is a success, part of a greater rebellion across the kingdom or is a repeated problem (i.e., continually having to put down rebellions), it won't get a mention. Otherwise, this entire timeline will get bogged down with regional messiness and I want a broader scope.

For example, I would imagine that there would be some level of rebellion by the Galicians and the Portuguese taken thus far, but any such event doesn't really, IMO, advance the story.