Eine Veränderte Welt: A Changed World

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by PanadaPun123, Feb 9, 2019.

1. PanadaPun123 Member

2. Threadmarks: The German Civil War: October, 1947

PanadaPun123 Member

[​IMG]

Miner and ETGalaxy like this.
  3. Threadmarks: The Second World War: The Attack on Toledo Harbor

PanadaPun123 Member

[​IMG]

No.233, Miner and ETGalaxy like this.
  4. Red Arturoist Napoleon II. - Marxist-Arturoist-Trałkaist Donor

@PanadaPun123

Lovely! The maps are interesting and well-made, and the German in the title is absolutely correct! That is off to a good start!

However, if you want to post a timeline (which is basically what is behind the Google Doc link), I would recommend doing that directly. We don't have problems with such long texts - or why did you use a Google Doc?

I would , if you are gonna post the timeline directly, split it into three or four posts though.

5. Gabzcervo Timeline raises FAQs

Interesting!

6. Threadmarks: The Cascadian Federal Election, 2016

PanadaPun123 Member

[​IMG]

The Cascadian Federal Election of 2016 was held on May 10, and was the second federal election to use the Mixed-Member Proportional, or MMP, system. This would be Bill Gates eighth federal election since becoming leader of the Liberal party, and sixth since becoming Prime Minister. While this was Bill Bryant's first federal election since defeating former Conservative Party leader Cathy McMorris Rodgers in a Leadership election in 2015. This would also be the first election in which the Green Party participated, due to voters believing that PM Gates had a lack of focus on the environment. Although seeing weakness with many progressives leaving the Liberal party to join the Greens, the Conservatives understood PM Gates high amount of popularity, which had further increased with his government's adoption of the MMP system 3 years ago as well as his trade agreements with California and Canada. Labor was once again hoping to become the leader of the Liberal-Labor coalition, but most of the party and leader Jeff Merkley knew that it was unlikely with the popularity of Bill Gates. The Republican party began to further go down in popularity due to growing support for PM Gates government and the Commonwealth itself. The results of the election was not surprising for most news outlets and party leaders, but the extent of Green party support was most unexpected. Bill Bryant's leadership was also in trouble by the more radical MPs, but interior chaos would settle down in the coming days. And although not needing the support, the Green party announced that it would join the Liberal-Labor coalition in an informal agreement, by voting for many of the bills proposed by the coalition. This was done as Gates would help the Greens with environmental bills if they helped his coalition, and some Green party leaders were also former close colleagues with PM Gates. The election would swell further support for Prime Minister Gates, while the Conservatives keep losing support leading to fracturing in the party. Gates would gain a sixth term as Prime Minister and and at most more 3 years to an already long 13 year term.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    Red Arturoist and ETGalaxy like this.
  7. Red Arturoist Napoleon II. - Marxist-Arturoist-Trałkaist Donor

That's very well-made, @PanadaPun123 ! How did you make the Cascadian Federal Election graphic? Via Photoshop or Inkscape, or something very different?

8. Red Arturoist Napoleon II. - Marxist-Arturoist-Trałkaist Donor

I am German, and your title is German... So, may I ask what government types are there in Germany and Austria? East Germany is presumably communist (of some sort), as is Poland, and I would presume that both Bavaria and Baden-Württemberg are constitutional monarchies, but what is Northwestern Germany? Did it remain Bellicist or is it some type of democracy? What is France governed like?

Is Bellicism TTLs fascism (after all, bellus means "war" in Latin")? What differentiates it from OTL Fascism?

9. PanadaPun123 Member

I used paint.net

By the 1950s map, the dark grey Germany is under a dictatorial bellicist government, which was the same as the French and British before the Second World War. Bellicism originated in France after their defeat to the Germans in World War I, the ideology was many war based and for revenge against the Germans (but I just looked up synonyms for fascist, adn bellicist sounded cool. But the explanation I just said would be the definition in the sense).

Germany was occupied for a few years by Canada, Soviet Union, France, the United Kingdom, and Sweden. While Austria was occupied by France and the Soviet Union. Once the German occupation was over, Kaiser Wilhelm III returned, but the government collapsed and resulted in the German Civil War. Berlin was also split and occupied, excluding Sweden. France occupied the section of Berlin that was occupied by the Kingdom of Germany once the civil war began. When the Republican faction in the civil war seemed to collapse, France occupied Baden-Württemberg and upheld the kingdom. The Kingdom of Bavaria was occupied by the French after WWII than gained independence shortly before the beginning of the civil war, and was mainly not involved in the civil war. The French occupied the UN Mandate of the Rhineland, while the Swedish occupied the UN Mandate of the Kiel Canal Zone. The German Civil War ended in stalemate at the Saxon border, the Kaiser fled to the Kingdom of Saxony. While Soviet occupied Germany didn't join the western occupied sections, and became a Soviet puppet along with Poland. French occupied Austria becomes a republic, while the Soviet occupied Austria becomes a comune and a puppet of the Soviets.

France remains a republic, while Catalonia is a protectorate under the French. France was the third global superpower, behind Canada and the Soviet Union, with cooperation from the United Kingdom. The French lost their superpower status after losing the occupied Suez Canal by the Egyptians in the Suez Crisis of 1949.

10. Threadmarks: Collapse of the United States

PanadaPun123 Member