Effects Of Islamic India -

Will An Islamic Subcontinent be Better than a Hindu One ?

• Yes

Votes: 28 39.4%
  • No

Votes: 43 60.6%

• Total voters
Yes, But As for now, I am more interested in India, could you say some effects of Islamic India?
Depending what happened, the Muslim wil looks more east and east, Indonesia would be even an earlier vector of expansion with muslim all kinds going there as travellers/merchants/etc and expanding,the same would be the SEA region of Indochina-Siam but that is harder as there already strenched more unify buddhist kingdom and china would meddle more directly, more influence of indian culture, literature and science to merged with already persian and ERE ones the caliphate have, i would see an expanded house of knowledge in Baghdad and one in Dehli too.

Another butterfly is a stable india could hold vs the mongols but those might be even butterfly away now

Depending what happened, the Muslim wil looks more east and east, Indonesia would be even an earlier vector of expansion with muslim all kinds going there as travellers/merchants/etc and expanding,the same would be the SEA region of Indochina-Siam but that is harder as there already strenched more unify buddhist kingdom and china would meddle more directly, more influence of indian culture, literature and science to merged with already persian and ERE ones the caliphate have, i would see an expanded house of knowledge in Baghdad and one in Dehli too.

Another butterfly is a stable india could hold vs the mongols but those might be even butterfly away now
India would definitely be more influential, especially in Islamisation of South East Asia and more Islamic influence in East Asia, perhaps till Japan

India had many intellectual centers like Taxila, Nalanda, etc, Arabs might just translate all these texts and preserve the places perhaps make up more centers across India

India due to its high population and much smaller but integrated area and high resorces compared to Middle east might even be the new center of intellectualism, having many house of wisdoms across the subcontinent

India due to its high population and much smaller but integrated area and high resorces compared to Middle east might even be the new center of intellectualism, having many house of wisdoms across the subcontinent
Excatly and those will be shared too, we could see scholars sharing text/ideas all across the ME-Central IndoAsia now, that is a massive butterfly, could change the centre of power of islam mid term from MENA to ME and India.

Here's a very similar thread to this, where I (and others) made posts you may find useful.

Excatly and those will be shared too, we could see scholars sharing text/ideas all across the ME-Central IndoAsia now, that is a massive butterfly, could change the centre of power of islam mid term from MENA to ME and India.
Yes about that, Places like Iraq and Egypt all became a place of power with Iran being a massive cultural player, here both Political and Cultural would shift to India

Here's a very similar thread to this, where I (and others) made posts you may find useful.
Thats the thread I was inspired, but since it was old, I thought of restarting a new one

What effects of Islamic India do you see

Yes about that, Places like Iraq and Egypt all became a place of power with Iran being a massive cultural player, here both Political and Cultural would shift to India
Yeah a lot of things would shift to india, specially how the caliphate changes and if India become his own Sultanate/Caliphate, that change things even more

Yeah a lot of things would shift to india, specially how the caliphate changes and if India become his own Sultanate/Caliphate, that change things even more
True, India could become the center of Caliphate power, who, if they can control India by sufficiently Indianing themselves, can be a real force and the Caliph would have his power base in India instead of Iraq

True, India could become the center of Caliphate power, who, if they can control India by sufficiently Indianing themselves, can be a real force and the Caliph would have his power base in India instead of Iraq
Yeah there a lot of butterflies now, with India the Abbasadis could see an attack on their back if india is loyal to the Ummayds, being the one lead the revolution if they are the new centre or just splitoff depending what happened the Ummayds(with victories on india that could help their power and depend if they got another victory in europe too),as the Third Fitna could be avoided now, again massive butterflies we need to account https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbasid_Revolution

If anything india could evolved itself but how depend the caliphate as a whole too, but yeah long term would replace mesopotamia and fertile crescent as the powerbase of Islam.

Yeah there a lot of butterflies now, with India the Abbasadis could see an attack on their back if india is loyal to the Ummayds, being the one lead the revolution if they are the new centre or just splitoff depending what happened the Ummayds(with victories on india that could help their power and depend if they got another victory in europe too),as the Third Fitna could be avoided now, again massive butterflies we need to account https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbasid_Revolution

If anything india could evolved itself but how depend the caliphate as a whole too, but yeah long term would replace mesopotamia and fertile crescent as the powerbase of Islam.
Wasn't the revolt mainly due to Arab Favoritism, India might support the Abbasids, leading to a earlier revolution

And Abbasids might use India as a powerbase, It is large, well protected, rich and offers them with a massive population, thus might even lead to Abbasids being a relevant political and militaristic force rather than be reduced to mere figureheads

And Abbasids might use India as a powerbase, It is large, well protected, rich and offers them with a massive population, thus might even lead to Abbasids being a relevant political and militaristic
And this is when fun begins, with more consolidation of caliph lands and power, the Abbasids could use it to expand, either to beat the ERE as ummayds were unable or conquer al-Ándalus back ( again butterflies the ummayds might not fly to andalus but somewhere else...umm) regardless the Abbasids could use any possible victory to get more resources and prestige.

And this is when fun begins, with more consolidation of caliph lands and power, the Abbasids could use it to expand, either to beat the ERE as ummayds were unable or conquer al-Ándalus back ( again butterflies the ummayds might not fly to andalus but somewhere else...umm) regardless the Abbasids could use any possible victory to get more resources and prestige.
Ummyad due to their race related policy will have to either change or replace, now Abbasids can use Indian soliders to attack ERE, but they might be stretched too far

Ummyad due to their race related policy will have to either change or replace, now Abbasids can use Indian soliders to attack ERE, but they might be stretched too far
Possible, there would be a lot of butterflies to account and then see how an early full fledge Islamic India changes other things... they expand West vs ERE? North to the empty Siberian Eurasia and China? South East? That is how we account things...and if India goes his own...when? And how?

For example they go west and beat ERE, overextension on Europe make the caliphate to break? Or what?

Possible, there would be a lot of butterflies to account and then see how an early full fledge Islamic India changes other things... they expand West vs ERE? North to the empty Siberian Eurasia and China? South East? That is how we account things...and if India goes his own...when? And how?

For example they go west and beat ERE, overextension on Europe make the caliphate to break? Or what?
No, I think they would be stretched too far away to do anything, India will essentially be too big to hold on, it might break away

So how and when? and what a Sultanate/Caliphate of Indi will do them? what other butterflies would you see would happen?
  1. India Provides a very Stable power base for anyone, as such Abbasid might locate there instead of Iraq, It also is well protected
  2. Indian Culture and the New Language Takes a precedence in day to day affair as many nobles who convert will hold their culture and language dearly, as such Abbasid are forced to adapt to this
  3. There might be many monarchs and sultans in the Subcontinent, which would be united for often then not, but it will be only one Caliph, who might or might not be a subordinate to the emperor