Edward VI lives...suitors for Elizabeth and Mary?

In this ATL, let's presume that Edward VI lives longer than he does in OTL. What suitors would he consider for his two older sisters, Elizabeth and Mary?

Also, let's say that Henry VIII had two sons and a daughter by Catherine Howard, all of which were Protestant (erasing the possibility of a Catholic inheritance by way of Mary). Catherine dies giving birth to her last child, and Henry goes on to wed Catherine Parr, who contributes to Edward and the children's staunch Protestant upbringing and educations.

-Prince Robert, Duke of York (b. 1541)
-Prince Edmund, Duke of Bedford (b. 1543)
-Princess Margaret (b. 1545)

Last edited:
In this ATL, let's presume that Edward VI lives longer than he does in OTL. What suitors would he consider for his two older sisters, Elizabeth and Mary?

I could see him being willing to offer Liz abroad, not so much Mary. If he did offer Mary abroad, I could see him (being the Protestant little prig that he was) offering her to a Protestant suitor (like a prince of Denmark or a younger son or something like that) so as to ensure that her Habsburg relatives are happy - since she gets a foreign match worthy of her - but that she's in a non-threatening position

What about Edward Courtenay for Mary? He's English, Catholic (to keep her sated), and of the blood royal (not so far beneath her).

What about Edward Courtenay for Mary? He's English, Catholic (to keep her sated), and of the blood royal (not so far beneath her).

Age gap might be an issue though. Mary's quite a bit older than Courtenay. Now, while she was likewise older than Felipe II, Felipe had a crown and money to keep her satisfied. Courtenay IIRC was nearly permanently broke, his father or grandfather had been one of the poorer noble families, and Katherine of York had been almost near dependent on her sisters' charity IIRC. But it's been a while since I read up on them, so I'm not sure.

Mary is better staying unmarried, Margaret will marry some foreign ruler, Robert, Edmund, Elizabeth, Jane and Catherine Grey will have all excellent matches either domestic or foreign

Wasn't there a Palatinate protestant prince that courted Mary and she seemed open to his affection but Henry VIII was against the match? Provided he's still alive and Mary's interested such a match could be suitable.

Wasn't there a Palatinate protestant prince that courted Mary and she seemed open to his affection but Henry VIII was against the match? Provided he's still alive and Mary's interested such a match could be suitable.
He can marry Mary if Anne of Cleves has a successful marriage with Henry VIII