Education/School System in a Victorious Confederacy and Defeated Union

What if, Lee’s invasion of the North, was more successful, and Mclellan became president in 1864, and although he wanted to continue the war, he was forced to sign a peace treaty, making the Confederate States of America independent, and gaining international recognition.

Now, assuming this nation survives past the 1860s, and making to to the 20th Century, what would Education and the School System be like? And what would education look on the Northern side?

What universities could become prestigious in the CSA?
What would Students be taught?
What subjects or ideologies would be taught?

Also, on that note, there’s A certain someone, who in OTL was Professor and later President, and was from Virginia. What would happen to him, in a victorious Confederacy? Could he later follow a similar path, like in OTL?

On the Northern Side, what ideologies could form?
Could the North develop a sort of bitter Ideology, to reconquer the South, like how France wanted Alsace-Lorraine back from Germany?

One incredibly goofy idea I had was links between Japan and the CSA, leading to adoption of Japanese-style education in the CSA.

I think UVA would be prestigious as a public, maybe UNC. Duke, William and Mary as well. My guess is Virginia/NC become the educational hubs, and by this start becoming a bit more liberal than the rest of the CSA.

Thomas1195

Banned
On the Northern Side, what ideologies could form?
Could the North develop a sort of bitter Ideology, to reconquer the South, like how France wanted Alsace-Lorraine back from Germany?
It also depends on how the South evolves? If it becomes a repeat of late Dutch Republic, then it would be a dodged bullet, esp among moderates who have accepted the reality.