Hello all, this is my first post on AH.com. I hail from the r/ImaginaryMaps discord server, and I have an alt-geo project I’ve been working on. Please, critique is invited! Thanks for your time!
CA48B729-2D25-4C01-9B10-BF185A65821E.jpeg
F84E71F3-B525-4B87-B09C-EB052A4AC4CB.jpeg

The team and I have reworked North America's coasts, all we have left to do there is to change the lakes and add some barrier islands. Also, we totally added all new continents!
cowoast.png

Huge thank you to @finnnosam @Cantra @Lothal and many many others for your help in making a world map a reality for us! I've omitted many names because the AH.com members are a minority group on 172, but your contributions stand as a monument to your tenacity. And, as a reminder to all our AH.com viewers, our discord is also spectator-friendly! We'd all love to see you there, and I'll answer any questions about Earth 172 either here or there.

Last edited:
Interesting.

Yes, I do see the map of the whole world. I'm intrigues by the South American islands and the way Africa curves toward South America. I wasn't aware that people design maps of the world that vaguely resemble the real world but are completely different. I'm intrigued. What sort of cultures do you plan to put on this Earth?

Hey mate, this project looks super cool!

As an aside, I'd cut down on how many times you plead with people to join the Discord, its getting borderline spammy. I'm not saying that highlighting that the project has a discord is wrong, but you make pleas for members to join in almost every single post you make. In one post you asked people to join the Discord, then asked again in the same post in a spoiler. It's spammy.

Anyway, I'm excited to see where your group continues to take this project! It does look really interesting and there's clearly a lot of work being put into it.

Hey mate, this project looks super cool!

As an aside, I'd cut down on how many times you plead with people to join the Discord, its getting borderline spammy. I'm not saying that highlighting that the project has a discord is wrong, but you make pleas for members to join in almost every single post you make. In one post you asked people to join the Discord, then asked again in the same post in a spoiler. It's spammy.

Anyway, I'm excited to see where your group continues to take this project! It does look really interesting and there's clearly a lot of work being put into it.
Ah thanks for the advice, I’m fairly new to AH.com and I’m still trying to figure out the etiquette here, any constructive criticism is more than welcome!

Is this supposed to take place millions of years in the future or is it present day?
This is an alternate geography set in the present day. Sometime in the future, we may release maps of tectonic plate boundaries, or maybe a map of what E172 looked like during the last ice age. But for all practical purposes, this is indeed the modern day.