Early history PoDs - which forum?

Discussion in 'Help and Rules' started by BiteNibbleChomp, Jan 26, 2019.

1. BiteNibbleChomp I like watching Survivor.

Yesterday I posted a thread about Native Americans developing the ability to smelt and use iron sometime before Columbus (most likely in the 1st millennium BC). Because I was thinking more in terms of what an Iron Age North America (in the 1500s) might look like rather than a super-plausible PoD, I thought that ASB was probably the best fit (a scenario that extreme probably requires a few rather unlikely "lucky breaks" and the Americans rolling 6s to work).

That thread has led me to wonder however, what is the best place for such PoDs occurring pre-writing but late enough as to make meaningful changes to known human history. Things like "WI horses hunted to extinction in Europe" or "WI agriculture is widely practised in pre-1788 Australia". Such questions don't fit into ASB's "geological or evolution" definition - killing off horses is a European action (and no magic is needed), but Pre-1900 tends to be focussed around recorded history, leaving such prehistoric PoDs without a clearly defined place.

Where should these sort of threads go?

- BNC

Mako-Chan likes this.
  2. Albert.Nik Well-Known Member

It is on the border of ASB and Before 1900s. But IMO,best suited for before 1900s.

3. Pangur The Cat Donor

Agreed, its on the border however its not impossible, its not like as if you have to break the laws of physics

EDIT: If you are fixed on the date that they learn to smelt you could try them learning from the Vikings

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    Albert.Nik likes this.
  4. Burton K Wheeler l'├ętat profond, c'est moi Moderator

Definitely not ASB.

Petike and Zagan like this.
  5. BiteNibbleChomp I like watching Survivor.

Thanks Burton!

- BNC