Ye Bold Canadians - another Canada-wank

Introduction
I frequent the r/imaginarymaps subteddit and y’all have no clue how tiring it gets seeing all these Americawanks all the time, so I figured I’d give our northern neighbors some love.

Ye Bold Canadians: another Canada-wank
by Sojourner85

Rules of engagement:
- This nation should “feel” like OTL Canada. What that means is that, should an OTL Canadian be dropped into TTL Canada, it shouldn’t feel very foreign to them.
- I don’t intend to make a play at hard realism, but I at least want a thin veneer of historical justification behind my cartographical BSery.
- Canada should be as large as possible while fulfilling the previous two requirements, and it should also have as many “entities” (provinces + territories + special regions + etc) as possible while fulfilling the previous two requirements.
- This TL is not technically collaborative, suggestions are very welcome but I reserve the right to make the final say in all matters.

Thanks to Vexillographist, dsfisher, and ThiccoMode for the inspiration for this TL

Last edited:
The main map will be set in 2022 but I’ll be discussing and creating several pre-1900 historical patches, hence me posting this thread where I have.

Republic of New England [2022]
9790B6E5-5F51-4FAC-8D66-34608FEDB25B.png

Republic of New England
Capital: Boston, Massachusetts Bay
Population (2022 Q2 Estimate): 29,281,035
Founded: January 6, 1815
States: 7
Currency: New England dollar
GDP per Capita: £64,500
Total GDP: £1.889 trillion

image - 2022-04-28T143708.082.png

Here's what I've got for Canada and New England thus far. Darker areas are canonized provinces (names not set in stone), lighter areas are canonized Canadian, and grey areas are TBD. With that said:
1. What should be the border between Acadia, New Brunswick, New Ireland, etc. be based on?
2. What should the province west of Vermont be named? (Suggestions not listed are also welcome) Answered this one for myself, it's named Iroquois now

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 3.35.56 PM.png

Rough language map of "Core Canada" areas - subject to change, only used to provide a basic picture of what's happening in the area in 2022

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 4.34.22 PM.png

Used the TOAST3R scheme to get a rough outline of what I have so far. Italicized text means that borders are uncertain, bold text means that names are uncertain.

Provinces (11):
Ontario
Quebec

Iroquois
Vermont
New Ireland
New Brunswick
North Acadia

Acadia
Île-Royale
Prince Edward Island
Labrador

Special Regions (2):
National Capital Region
St. Pierre and Miquelon

I've got to head out for a while, but some things to consider while I'm away:
- Potential borders of the continental Maritimes region?
- Potential names for the 2 core Acadian provinces?
- Can I plausibly break Ontario even further?

1651203374912.png

I've got a decent amount of provincial border complete, but this area is giving me much grief. For context, three provinces are going to have to fit into this light pink area: New Ireland in the west, New Brunswick in the south/middle, and Acadia on the eastern coastline. The only issue is - I am unsure where to draw those borders. Any suggestions from the spectators?

Gabingston

Kicked
View attachment 737484
Used the TOAST3R scheme to get a rough outline of what I have so far. Italicized text means that borders are uncertain, bold text means that names are uncertain.

Provinces (11):
Ontario
Quebec

Iroquois
Vermont
New Ireland
New Brunswick
North Acadia

Acadia
Île-Royale
Prince Edward Island
Labrador

Special Regions (2):
National Capital Region
St. Pierre and Miquelon

I've got to head out for a while, but some things to consider while I'm away:
- Potential borders of the continental Maritimes region?
- Potential names for the 2 core Acadian provinces?
- Can I plausibly break Ontario even further?
Well, if you have North Acadia, you might as well have South Acadia too.

Well, if you have North Acadia, you might as well have South Acadia too.
Ahh thanks for all the likes, North Acadia was merely a placeholder name for the francophone parts of OTL New Brunswick. It's now named Acadia, with the province to its south having been named Nova Scotia

Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 12.10.32 AM.png

Italicized text means that borders are uncertain, bold text means that names are uncertain.

Provinces (11):
Ontario
Quebec

Iroquois
Vermont
New Ireland
New Brunswick
Acadia

Nova Scotia
Île-Royale
Île Saint-Jean
Labrador

Special Regions (2):
National Capital Region
St. Pierre and Miquelon

Last edited:
View attachment 737556
Italicized text means that borders are uncertain, bold text means that names are uncertain.

Provinces (11):
Ontario
Quebec

Iroquois
Vermont
New Ireland
New Brunswick
Acadia

Nova Scotia
Île-Royale
Île Saint-Jean
Labrador

Special Regions (2):
National Capital Region
St. Pierre and Miquelon
You seem to have confused Labrador (the continental region) with Newfoundland (the island). Otherwise nice work though!

Add the rest of OTL Canada, US Northwest Territories (Charlotina), Give back Oregon Territory, Alaska, and Red River basin, to the Dominion of Canada! GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

Add the rest of OTL Canada, US Northwest Territories (Charlotina), Give back Oregon Territory, Alaska, and Red River basin, to the Dominion of Canada! GOD SAVE THE QUEEN
Oh I’ve already got Canada’s national borders sorted, all the maps I’ve been posting here have been WIPs. After all, the TL’s title wouldn’t make much sense without Canada on the Pacific, eh? 😉