Drifters: Anime

Well I just finished the Drifters anime on Crunchyroll today and let me just say it's an awesome show for those who aren't familiar the premise is
Drifters is a manga written by Kouta Hirano (ofHellsing fame). It tells the story of the world's famous (or infamous, depending on how/what you know about them) historical figures yanked from their own times (usually on the date they were meant to die) and brought to a fantasy-like dimension to wage war against one another, for reasons yet to be revealed.

The heroes of the story are called Drifters, mainly composed of Shimazu Toyohisa, Oda Nobunaga and Nasu Suketaka Yoichi, though others are introduced as the story continues. Their opponents are the Ends who oddly enough are composed of people who weren't evil in their lifetime (Joan of Arc and Anastasia Nikolaevna Romanova for example) but nevertheless are cutting a swathe across the fantasy land. An organization of magicians, called the Octobrists (or the Oct), assists the Drifters in fighting against the Ends. And thus the stage is set for one of the oddest wars ever fought.
Overall it's an interesting setting and the characters are enjoyable. I recommend it for any fans of fantasy or history.
If you want to know more here a link
Drifters (Manga) - TV Tropes http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Manga/Drifters