Don Carlos Ascendant

The healthy son
On 1545, Maria Manuela, Princess of Asturias would give birth to a healthy son and she would survive giving birth to her son for at least a year and her son would have grown up to be healthy and named Carlos, named after his grandfather, Charles V, Carlos would have a great future.

Maria Manuela, Princess of Asturias would die in 1546, knowing that her son would have a great future ahead of him and it was as he would be king of Portugal, Aragon, and Castile, the three crowns of Aragon, Castile, and Portugal would have been united under him after the death of King Sebastian.

Around the same time when Don Carlos was born, the Portuguese would discover and made an expedition in Luzon under Pero Fidalgo who had discovered Luzon which would have reached John III of Portugal and they would have moved to create trading bases in Manila during the time under the regencies of Prince Henry and Catherine of Austria.

Philip II would be confident that his son would be the King of Portugal in the future as King Sebastian as he heard was sickly at this time.

Last edited:
Sebastian I’s death
On 1558, a proxy marriage between Elizabeth of France and Carlos, Prince of Asturias, the two would have met in 1559 in Spain and the two would have started to have living children in 1566 with the birth of Infanta Isabel Clara Eugenia(1566), and Catherine Michelle(1568) but Elizabeth of France would die in Portugal and he would later remarry to Anne of Austria who would give birth to Philip III of Spain in June 3, 1578, her only pregnancy that reached term.

On 1565, the young Sebastian I of Portugal would have died suspiciously which they say was for suspicious reasons and was replaced by Don Carlos who became the King of Portugal as Charles I of Portugal and he himself would assume the role of the King of Portugal in same year, it was theorized by some that it is Philip II who had poisoned Sebastian I of Portugal but none would be able to prove it and they would have said that Philip II would have wanted Sebastian I of Portugal dead as it would make Portugal a part of the Spanish Kingdoms ruled by the Habsburgs due to Don Carlos being the son of Maria Manuela.
Note:
I really think the 1565 date would be useful since that is the time when Legaspi had an expedition to conquer the Philippines, killing off Sebastian I at that time would be convenient.

Note:

I really think the 1565 date would be useful since that is the time when Legaspi had an expedition to conquer the Philippines, killing off Sebastian I at that time would be convenient.

Last edited:
Do you not see the contradiction?
But that can be considered invalid because Mary's first husband is dead and had no issue, had she had an issue with her first husband she will champion the rights of her child instead.
King of France and Queen of England? Does this not scream "disaster"? Why would she want that?
Charles IX is not yet set to become King when the marriage was proposed which is why when Francis II died, the marriage talks stopped.

Charles I of Portugal
On 1565, Don Carlos was crowned as Charles I of Portugal and started to manage the Kingdom of Portugal with his wife, Elizabeth of France who would unfortunately died in Portugal and replaced by Anne of Austria, Don Carlos would have focused on improving the Portuguese presence in the Bruneian Empire, he would name the Philippines archipelago after his father, Philip II of Spain which both the Portuguese and Spanish had discovered and focused on improving relations with the Bruneians.

On 1570, Portugal under Don Carlos would improve the relations of Portugal with the Bruneian Empire and further improved the factories of the Portuguese on the Bruneian Empire and established Portuguese trading settlements in the Bruneian Empire such as in Manila and the Portuguese missionaries would reach Butuan and Cebu which once allied with the Spanish during the time Magellan came to islands similar to the Portuguese missionaries reaching Moluccas and Celebes and they would be under Portuguese suzerainty and rule gradually.

On 1598 when Charles I of Portugal inherited Aragon and Castile as Charles II, he would make Lisbon as the capital of the Union temporarily until his death on 1600 when he was replaced by his son with Anna of Austria named Philip III who would shift the capital to Madrid.

Last edited:
So basically the part about Don Carlos has ended already, this Carlos is not the same Carlos as we had in our timeline as he is treated better by his father Philip II, and even inherited Portugal.
The Bruneians are unsuspecting of the Portuguese and they might backstab the Bruneians soon.

Henry III of Navarre
On 1572, Margaret of France would marry Henry of Navarre only for Catherine of Medici to have Margaret of France’s marriage with Henry of Navarre to be annulled due to it not being consummated due to the two not wanting to consummate the marriage which causes Margaret of France to stay alone and be with her lovers despite it not being considered good during that time and Catherine of Medici would arrange the betrothal of her grandchild Isabella Clara Eugenia with Henry III of Navarre.

On 1580, Henry III of Navarre would marry the young Isabella Clara Eugenia in proxy and she would arrive in 1580, she was young and she would establish peace between Spain and Navarre and also she would restore the rest of Navarre to Henry III as well as the titles of the Prince of Viana.

Isabella Clara Eugenia would prove to be fertile as soon as she had entered Navarre on 1480 as she would have a son with Henry III of Navarre, named Francis Phoebus of Navarre(December 2, 1581), but she would die in 1582 before he would become the king of France as Henry IV of France, he would remarry to Louise of Lorraine in 1589, after Henry III of France died.

Last edited:
On 1576, Henry III of Navarre would marry the young Isabella Clara Eugenia in proxy and she would arrive in 1580, she was young and she would establish peace between Spain and Navarre and also she would restore the rest of Navarre to Henry III as well as the titles of the Prince of Viana.

Isabella Clara Eugenia would prove to be fertile as soon as she had entered Navarre on 1480 as she would have a son with Henry III of Navarre, named Gaston I of Navarre(December 2, 1581), but she would die in 1582 before he would become the king of France as Henry IV of France, he would remarry to Louise of Lorraine in 1589, after Henry III of France died.
Edit your dates in this section....but I have a question. Why would she name the child Gaston, why would Henry IV remarry to Louise of Lorraine, why would Navarre be restored to Henry IV?

Edit your dates in this section....but I have a question. Why would she name the child Gaston, why would Henry IV remarry to Louise of Lorraine, why would Navarre be restored to Henry IV?

Henry IV named his child Gaston after his relatives since he does not know that he would become King, although Gaston would likely change his name after his father becomes King, Navarre was restored as a dowry of Infanta Isabella Clara Eugenia.

I removed the Burgundian and English parts of the timeline, as I will rewrite them, I will change the second wife of Philip II and the husband of Mary Tudor.