Dominion of Southern America - Updated November 29, 2017

Discussion in 'Alternate History Discussion: Before 1900' started by Glen, Feb 22, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Glen ASB & Left Hand of IAN Moderator

The Panic of 1881 launched an unprecedented prolonged period of economic hardship and uncertainty that challenged America's traditional two party system, especially as some disenfranchised and disaffected turned away from the seemingly ineffectual policies of either party. The Korsgaardian Party of America was one among many small parties that gained prominance during this period, and as other nations embraced Korsgaardian politics and seemed to prosper by it, the American Korsgaardians gained credence and followers. By the 1888 presidential election, the Korsgaardian Party of America was able to launch the first ever credible third party in American history.
    VOTE
    [​IMG]
    KORSGAARDIAN PARTY OF AMERICA

2. General_Finley Liberty Prime

OH MY GOD...

desire to see fascist America rising...

3. Turquoise Blue Dangerously Inconsistent Donor

This is unexpected.

4. W.W.A.F.T. World Wide Awards For Tailors

well, this is somewhat distressing, hopefully they won't be able to do much in the way of lasting damage.

great picture by the way.

5. IchBinDieKaiser Casual Historian

Does it make me a bad person to want to see a fascist America:D

6. General_Finley Liberty Prime

no, it makes you very platonic (of course Plato did write about destroying the family, the concept of love, and free will all in the name of the state)

7. Darth_Kiryan The Númenorean Sith

1888?

Bit early for Fascism, isn't it?

Cool idea through.

8. Nicksplace27 Member

Some fascist ideas were in place in OTL around the 1890s, although it really did evolve in response to Communism. Nevertheless, something that combines militant nationalism with leftist social policies that also prop up certain buisnesses is something that could evolve organically sooner or later.

9. Darth_Kiryan The Númenorean Sith

The capital city of the United States, is that roughly where Montreal is?

10. SpazzReflex my kidneys are somewhere?

Dang. Fascist Party in America.
    Is there any chance, we can have writers like George Orwell write out against these politics?

11. tubby.twins Well-Known Member

No, the capital is at OTL Kingston, NY.

[​IMG]

12. thekingsguard Founder of Korsgaardianism

I suddenly feel like an ass...

13. Glen ASB & Left Hand of IAN Moderator

This Notso deal is perhaps one of the oddest things I've heard of - full points for creativity, Sovereign, but I don't think it is likely to occur....

14. teg The Worst Unionist

I fear what Glen is going to do to my grandpa's name...

Nice to have you back kingsguard.

15. thekingsguard Founder of Korsgaardianism

Thanks, good to be back. OOC, you grandfather's last name was Korsgaard?

16. Glen ASB & Left Hand of IAN Moderator

Now that, Sovereign, is some capital thinking! Will have to seriously think on that....

17. Glen ASB & Left Hand of IAN Moderator

The Second Mexican Republic, also known as the United States of Mexico, was one of the earliest and hardest hit nations in the global economic downturn of the 1880s. The Panic of 1881 sent the nation to the edge of utter bankruptcy, with international creditors inpatient to be paid. As businesses failed, the government was seen as impotent. Into this maelstrom rose the Korsgaardistas, and their charismatic leader, Angel Castellanos. Castellanos was hailed by his admirers as the second coming of Jorge Quintana. When the federal government deadlocked over the budget, the Korsgaardistas marched on Mexico City. Mexican President Rivera was 'convinced' to make Castellanos his vice-president, and to enact a Korsgaardista agenda. Protectionism, corporate support and guidance from the president, as well as an odd dual celebration of the Mesoamerican past and 'traditional' Catholicism were the first priorities. Within a year, Rivera resigned citing 'health' reasons, and Castellanos was raised to the presidency. Many Mexicans welcomed the Korsgaardistas and Castellanos as their policies seemed to offer them renewed prosperity and respect on the international stage. By 1885, the Korsgaardistas had gained control over the military, judiciary, and a sizeable portion of the legislature. Other parties were dissolved, as was the constitution, and the Mexican Empire was proclaimed by President Angel Castellanos.

The new flag of the Mexican Empire

Flag of Korsgaardista Mexico.png

18. General_Finley Liberty Prime

Glen this is beautiful. i love the flag by the way

19. Tsao Banned

Korsgaardists in Mexico, eh? I like the ring of their name, the Korsgaardistas, very nice.

And that is one badass flag.

20. The Admiral Hook M*thaf*ckin' Radical...

Jesus Christ, Glen...

This should be published. I expect you'd drive old HT to drink himself to death, though...

In other words, this is superb.