Dominion of Southern America - Updated July 1, 2018

Except that that is USC territory at present, so giving it to the US may place a damper on trade relations - Hong Kong is already British (as it must be in every timeline ;).

Duly noted!

Maybe the USC give the USA a port city as a gesture of friendship or for some osrt of alliance/trade agreement/mutual protection pact.

Post #2804 made me realize.

In 'Dominion of Southern America' the Northerner/Yankee part of English-speaking North America is the 'United States' whilst the Dixie/Southron part of said area is the British Dominion.

Meanwhile in the 'Federal Republic of America' the Dixie/Southron part of English-speaking North America is the 'United States' whilst the Northerner/Yankee part of said area is the British Dominion.

And they're both excellent, well-written, and great parallels to the other. :eek:

Now we need a TL where all of Anglo-America is under the 'United States' and another where it's all a British Dominion. ;)

In 'Dominion of Southern America' the Northerner/Yankee part of English-speaking North America is the 'United States' whilst the Dixie/Southron part of said area is the British Dominion.

Meanwhile in the 'Federal Republic of America' the Dixie/Southron part of English-speaking North America is the 'United States' whilst the Northerner/Yankee part of said area is the British Dominion.

And they're both excellent, well-written, and great parallels to the other. :eek:

Now we need a TL where all of Anglo-America is under the 'United States' and another where it's all a British Dominion. ;)

Those two ideas are too cliche IMO. Having the two creates for more interest and also is more plausiable; the USA was too big for Britain to conquer even in the 18th century while Britain was too powerful probably up until the end of the First World War for the USA to defeat it in a major conflict.

Glen

More or less.

Yep, more or less.

Thank you! Glad you are enjoying the two.

Both have been done.

Glen

Those two ideas are too cliche IMO. Having the two creates for more interest and also is more plausiable; the USA was too big for Britain to conquer even in the 18th century while Britain was too powerful probably up until the end of the First World War for the USA to defeat it in a major conflict.

As I mentioned before, both have already been done, sometimes well, sometimes not as well.

Glen

The personal union of Prussia and Poland went through many iterations in terms of what flags should be used in Prussia, Poland, and internationally for the two nations. However, with the King of Prussia and Poland becoming enamored of the writings of the Dane, Zeus Korsgaard, he saw himself as the embodiment of the state, and sought to knit the two nations into a Korsgaardian-style Empire. Persuant to that, he ordered the commissioning of a new flag for the Empire of Prussia-Poland, incorporating the colors and symbols of the two and of empire.

Flag of the Empire of Prussia-Poland

Flag of Prussia Poland.png

The personal union of Prussia and Poland went through many iterations in terms of what flags should be used in Prussia, Poland, and internationally for the two nations. However, with the King of Prussia and Poland becoming enamored of the writings of the Dane, Zeus Korsgaard, he saw himself as the embodiment of the state, and sought to knit the two nations into a Korsgaardian-style Empire. Persuant to that, he ordered the commissioning of a new flag for the Empire of Prussia-Poland, incorporating the colors and symbols of the two and of empire.

Flag of the Empire of Prussia-Poland

Couldn't he just gone with a good, old quartered CoA? That thing looks hideous... But fascinating that Korsgaard has such an influence this early and in that magnitude. Let's see how TTL's "Fascism" develops.

Glen

Couldn't he just gone with a good, old quartered CoA? That thing looks hideous... But fascinating that Korsgaard has such an influence this early and in that magnitude. Let's see how TTL's "Fascism" develops.

Because these guys scare me?
Preussen1702.jpg

More seriously, though, is that I like the flag.:D

Because these guys scare me?

More seriously, though, is that I like the flag.:D

Obviously not that one. Nobody likes that (except for Hohenzollern fanatics). A very simple coat of arms, just a quartered shield. Maybe on a white field with thin red-white-black stripes at the top and the bottom. Stylish and strong.

After all: How can people celebrate their nation and its flag when it is barely drawable ;) ?

Disagree. That flag is awesome!