Does a more successful Star Wars Prequel Trilogy = less successful LOTR film trilogy?

I mean critically more than commercially, but let's consider both.

Let's say when the first installment of the prequel trilogy comes out in the summer of 1999, it matches everyone's expectations. George Lucas produces maybe the best movie possible while still telling the same basic story as IOTL (maybe Frank Darabont and/or Lawrence Kasdan polish the screenplay, Lucas decides not to direct, whatever), and we get a film registers in the low 90s range on Rotten Tomatoes. The movie grosses an extra hundred million or so at the box office due to it actually being damn near as good as everyone thought it would be, and it picks up more Oscar nominations and wins than IOTL. Let's say the subsequent installments in the prequel trilogy replicate this success.

So, assuming all of this happens, are Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings movies as critically and commercially successful? Without the disappointment that many had with the SW prequel trilogy, will the trilogy be able to exploit the same vacuum? They both were, after all, epic genre film series, just one was better than the other, and the critical and commercial reception showed this. Or would Jackson's trilogy still be as successful as IOTL because of its own merits?

Not I think the Opposite would happen, if the star wars prequel trilogy would be sucessful i think that would have show that prequel can work even better, so the hobbit would have been greenlit early(and being two movies, that was the plan of peter jackson, change to three for marketing and more revenue chances) in that regard

And even if both movies are 'Epic Stories' both fill diferent genres, Star Wars is Science Fiction, LOTR is High/Traditional Fantasy, both audience overlap but not are the same, thus being safe each other(unless made dueling movies, there LOTR would take a little hit)