Diversity Maximized World Map | Atlas Altera

I hope you're still doing this.

If you are, does Brazil still speak Tupinamba and Nheengatu? Are they still spoken as minority languages?

If you are, does Brazil still speak Tupinamba and Nheengatu? Are they still spoken as minority languages?
Thanks, and yes I still am. The website gets new content once a month in the form of map plate posts (I've been a bit slower in the summer though) and the YouTube too, sometimes more than once a month.

Your question chis comes at a great time! In the August update (soon to be released), both the chorographical and political maps will showcase federal borders of Brazil. By making Brazil a federation, I now have more wiggle room with languages and I've identified groups of provinces to form 6 or so cultural blocs for different languages, Nheengatu being one of them. I'm also looking for more obscure/divergent branches or families to represent, despite the implausibility.

Thanks to you both, Telamon and Hohensaufen. I had no idea there was an atlas altera subreddit.

Also, I have to say - Telamon, I really like your youtube videos. I haven't watched many yet, but from what I've seen, you have a very soothing voice. You also seem to know a lot about the world and have done a ton of research, so kudos to you.

Thanks to you both, Telamon and Hohensaufen. I had no idea there was an atlas altera subreddit.

Also, I have to say - Telamon, I really like your youtube videos. I haven't watched many yet, but from what I've seen, you have a very soothing voice. You also seem to know a lot about the world and have done a ton of research, so kudos to you.
Thanks for saying this. I am a little self-conscious of how I sound, but I think most people are when they record themselves and put their voice out into the public. I hope you follow the project and my journey as it progresses :)

Inseparable States and Faiths
And I'm back! After taking some time off and then putting a lot more time in refining the way i make my maps, I've finally been able to produce a new map for my project, Atlas Altera, based on religion. If you're new to this project or looking for more context, check out www.atlasaltera.com
Altera_Vector_Religion - Complete_AH.jpg

Crazy Boris

Banned
And I'm back! After taking some time off and then putting a lot more time in refining the way i make my maps, I've finally been able to produce a new map for my project, Atlas Altera, based on religion. If you're new to this project or looking for more context, check out www.atlasaltera.com
View attachment 683368
Buddhist Alaska, Hindu Mozambique and Zoroastrian and Manichaean nations?

I love this

I love this

Jewish Singapore, too - because of course one of the world's most profitable trade hubs had to be Jewish. :p

Are they descendants of the Kaifeng Jews, or...

My own neck of the woods doesn't seem to be that different from OTL - overwhelmingly Catholic, but not really serious about it - except for the Positivist influence... or is it, I can barely tell the shades of brown apart. :'(

Jewish Singapore, too - because of course one of the world's most profitable trade hubs had to be Jewish. :p

Are they descendants of the Kaifeng Jews, or...

My own neck of the woods doesn't seem to be that different from OTL - overwhelmingly Catholic, but not really serious about it - except for the Positivist influence... or is it, I can barely tell the shades of brown apart. :'(
I know it comes across as a silly projection of the stereotype, but actually, I was inspired by a walking tour I did of Shanghai. In OTL, the Mizrahi Baghdadi Jews were the ones who built up the Bundt and much of the warehouse districts of the port in that city. They came along with the British from Mumbai. They also had connections in Singapore.

I love this
Thanks! And yeah, take a look at the epidoxies corner map (bottom left) to see how the Kamuic faith co-exists with Buddhism in that part of the world. In ATL (Altera timeline), the Ainu make contact with the PNW first, and their already similar cultures converge, leading to interesting things like totem-sized trees being transported across the Pacific (still trying to figure out how people transported whole logs for back in the day...) across the Pacific and the trading of ooligan grease for soy sauce hehe. It also leads to a continuous pantheon of beliefs and myths shared across on sides of the northern rim of the Pacific.

View attachment 683368
This is amazing.

Also, I can't seem to find where the Karaites are hanging out?

Is Israel mostly made up of Sephardim and Mizrahim? Are most of the Jews from the Middle East there, and the Ashkenazi in Yiddland?

Also, what is "Donipolo?"

Is Israel mostly made up of Sephardim and Mizrahim? Are most of the Jews from the Middle East there, and the Ashkenazi in Yiddland?

Also, what is "Donipolo?"
I guess Israel will probably have a more equal ratio, if not, higher ratio of Mizrahim, due to post-war politics turning out slightly different. There is a Sephardic community in Belmora, as part of the colonial history of the Portuguese south Atlantic, and there is a smaller anti-Zionist Yiddish community in Yiddland, which has to do with the Norwegian Union (Scandinavian countries) turning sides during the war (analogue to Finland in the Winter's War) and joining the Allies in 1944, helping to invade and occupy eastern Prussia, coming in with Jewish Freedom Fighters, formed by the largest refugee population in Europe due to the union's neutrality leading up to the war.

In case you were still interested... In the last map update I did, I scoped out languages for the different territories of a federated Brazil, known as the ... United Kingdom of Brazil haha.
1637864843519.png

Timbira = Canela Timbira
Carnijo = Fulnio-Yate
Ofaye = Ofaye
Xavnate = Xavante
Caraja = Karaja
Canoeiro = Rikbaktsa
Pejaurun = creole of Krenak with KiKongo and Portuguese
Puri = creole of Bororo with KiKongo and Portuguese
Bororo = creole of Bororo with KiKongo and Portuguese
Xocren = creole Xokleng with Kainang