Discussion: Best possible wife for Henry VI

The title more or less says it all, who would be the best possible wife for Henry VI? In particular which of the potential brides that were floated around for Henry VI in OTL, would have been the most beneficial for him. This includes his reign up until the alt marriage, staying the same.

I’d say a Portuguese or Castillion infanta since they’d be closer in age and come with a massive dowry which could be used to help refill the English treasury, and would give him an heir sooner.

Last edited:
I’d say a Portuguese or Castillion infanta since they’d be closer in age and come with a massive dowry

And would also have been a direct descendant of John of Gaunt, through his eldest daughter, hence, even if the marriage were childless, Henry's widow would have had a decent claim to the throne in her own right.

And would also have been a direct descendant of John of Gaunt, through his eldest daughter, hence, even if the marriage were childless, Henry's widow would have had a decent claim to the throne in her own right.
True, it would be interesting to see his widow take the throne, even if it’s unlikely.

Deleted member 147978

Didn't we have this conversation beforehand about an alternate wife for Henry VI? I'm sure we did.