Disaster at Leuthen TL - Frederick the Great dies in battle

Wow man, i loved the timeline. I would love to see i wrapping up post. i'm sure othe thers will agree.

PS: as an ex millitary guy a lot of youre millitary stuff is believable

This is really high praise so thank you. I've not served myself so I've tried to present war/military in a way that was believable and interesting so thanks for that.

SoA ?? the name of the new timeline?

Sons of Anarchy?

Yeah it's a Sons of Anarchy fan fiction

(its not)

Summing Up: Part I - The British Civil War
(Well looks like these 'summary' posts will end up being more like mini updates it seems. Carried away while writing and so much to say. So, here's part 1. Welcome Back.)

The British Civil War (1922-7)

The Second British Civil War had begun in 1922 as a result of a military coup dubbed Operation Camelot in response to the electoral victory of the Collectivist-Solidarist parties. The war had dragged on for three years reaching an effective stalemate by 1925. Large areas of the country were badly damaged with near 300,000 dead and twice that homeless. London was divided, Sheffield a ruin, Birmingham a front line city and Scotland and Ireland beset by violence. From Oxford the Nationalist-Monarchist faction led by Anthony Cameron held sway; whilst in the north and industrial midlands the Workers’ Union of Britain headed by the democratically elected Prime Minister Alexander Carr attempted to bring Collectivism to the British Isles. Following the twin offensive operations of 1925 and heading into winter of that year the deadlock would gradually be broken.

It would be outside support that would result in one of the evenly matched sides taking the initiative. In October 1925 the first wave of Imperial reinforcements (drawn primarily from Canada and Columbia with New Englander support) landed in Plymouth. These forces, combined with Loyalist forces in the region would launch a large scale offensive in the New Year which would seize Bristol and link up with the main Nationalist armies in the south and west. Over time more and more Imperial, New England and Porto-Brasilian troops and more importantly supplies would flood into Britain boosting the Nationalist forces. The Royal Air Force had gained an edge in 1925 over its Collectivist counterpart but when Imperial Air units from around the now federated Empire began arriving the balance in air power shifted irrevocably away from the W.U.B. As a consequence of Imperial aid the influence of Anthony Cameron and the Nationalists decreased. The Empire, though opposed to Collectivism, did not embrace the far-right Nationalists. Over time then the more reactionary conservative elements led by General Luke Johnston (who had been the overall Allied Commander in Spain during The Great War) and former Home Secretary Conservative MP Ian Samuels became the main players with the Nationalists sidelined (though still Cameron maintained a base of support).

Whereas foreign and Imperial support for the Loyalists grew throughout 1926 the aid going to the W.U.B evaporated. The Collectivists had long been receiving weapons, supplies and ‘volunteer’s from the Palma Pact (France, Spain and Italy) who were their ideological allies. The outbreak of the Rhineland War (1926-28) saw all French efforts devoted to the fighting on their eastern border and as the supremacy of the Royal Navy around the British Isles grew the supply of aid to the Collectivists decreased and then disappeared. After this the result was a foregone conclusion, although not a bloodless one. The fighting would drag on until the 23rd of October 1927 when Liverpool and the last vestiges of the W.U.B were wiped out. Carr himself went down in the fighting (becoming a martyr to the Collectivist cause) whilst other leaders were arrested and most subsequently hanged. Other Collectivist/Solidarist followers fled overseas, most to France, Spain or América. The final butcher's bill for all civilian and military casualties was half a million dead with nearly two million homeless.

After the Fall of Liverpool a new government was declared in Oxford (London facing years of reconstruction) with Samuels as British First Minister. Though due to severity of the situation the country was effectively a politically supported military dictatorship under Johnston for the time being. The country however was devastated and began rebuilding itself. The Porto-Brasilian Empire which had been a firm supporter of the Loyalist cause had occupied many of Britain’s African colonies in the wake of the Civil War as well as some of Britain's other possessions. Gibraltar, Malta and British territories in the Atlantic were returned but all of Britain’s African territories south of the Egypt remained with Portugal save those the Danish had taken over administration of in 1924. Britain had no need and no money to maintain them. The independent Commonwealth of India had been declared in 1924 breaking all ties to the Empire whilst the former Dominion of Indiana had re-branded after a brief civil war as the First People’s Collective and allied itself to América.

Britain was, in the aftermath of the Second Charlotte Convention (1925), one of six federal Commonwealths in the new political superstate of the Imperial Federation. The other five being Ireland (also purged of Collectivist and rebel groups), Canada, Newfoundland, Columbia and Australia. Work on the new Imperial Parliament building in London (on the ruins of what was Greenwich) would begin immediately and would be completed in 1930 and would play host to the first Imperial Parliament session in London (previously held in Columbia) in March of that year. This year would also see the reinstatement of full civilian government in Britain and Empire wide elections (radical left wing parties were banned by law in all six Commonwealths). Ian Samuels would become Imperial First Minister replacing the Canadian Matthew Caldwell. The Nationalists were still the second largest party in Britain. Elsewhere the Conservatives, Liberals and various local parties had most support. Economic interdependence and a myriad of external threats would keep the Federation together as Britain slowly rebuilt. The Imperial Federation would find itself focusing on three key issues in 1930: the rebuilding of Britain, the expansion of Mysore and Japan in Asia following their victory in 1926 and the ambitions of the Collectivist State of América in North America following the Tejan War. When the world went back to war in 1931 the I.F would seek to maintain peace and the status quo - although the Federation would eventually be dragged into the fighting it would so with the rebuilding efforts far from complete.

Uh oh. A huge second world war brewing up for 1931? That can't be good.

Beyond that I'm impressed the First People's Collective/Indiana has lived on and not split up between New England, Canada, and Louisiana - and I admit seeing Portugal become the primary colonial power of the world impresses me....

Hope the portuguese get whats coming to them. Backstabbing grabbers. And New England, India.....THE EMPIRE WILL RISE AGAIN

Really glad to see this tied up, one of the reasons I've continuously returned to this site in earlier years! Also helped that Denmark did well in TL.

Well this is a slightly different end of the Civil War than I expected. I wasn't expecting loss of ALL British African colonies. I also thought that the Commonwealth of India retained the British monarch as the head of state, yet still became separate from the Imperial Federation.

I think it was said there'll be wars, not a war. So I would expect a European war, a war in the Americas and maybe a war in east Asia.

Hope the portuguese get whats coming to them. Backstabbing grabbers.

Are they though? The UK couldn't hold onto those colonies anyway.

And New England, India.....THE EMPIRE WILL RISE AGAIN

I honestly doubt that. :)

So, using a pre-Great War map of Africa, who took what?

Attachments

• 20 - Africa 1894.png
    20 - Africa 1894.png
    346 KB · Views: 998
Good to see an old TL favorite return, even if only for a series of summary updates! Your writing is still very enjoyable and easy to follow. I hope you'll post a link to your upcoming new TL here once it gets started, as I don't really check the forum much beyond my subscriptions anymore.

Keep up the good work!

Great work! Still hoping to see royalist France and Louisiane coming out on top, somehow or at least enduring the storm of the second World War...

Seems collectivism won't be a thing at all in europa , from what i understand the palma pact was quite in difficulty after the rhineland wars.

Beyond that I'm impressed the First People's Collective/Indiana has lived on and not split up between New England, Canada, and Louisiana - and I admit seeing Portugal become the primary colonial power of the world impresses me....

More a series of large wars rather than one massive one. It lost a bit of land but the other countries were all fairly re-occupied at the time and a direct attack on the FPC might have brought a full on war with America.

Hope the portuguese get whats coming to them. Backstabbing grabbers. And New England, India.....THE EMPIRE WILL RISE AGAIN

Portugal's occupation of the colonies was largely done with British/Imperial approval. Two countries still firm allies.

Really glad to see this tied up, one of the reasons I've continuously returned to this site in earlier years! Also helped that Denmark did well in TL.

Glad to see you back!

Well this is a slightly different end of the Civil War than I expected. I wasn't expecting loss of ALL British African colonies. I also thought that the Commonwealth of India retained the British monarch as the head of state, yet still became separate from the Imperial Federation.

I think it was said there'll be wars, not a war. So I would expect a European war, a war in the Americas and maybe a war in east Asia.

Are they though? The UK couldn't hold onto those colonies anyway.

I honestly doubt that. :)

So, using a pre-Great War map of Africa, who took what?

India is now totally independent, Monarch was removed not long after independence. As is Egypt. So the whole need for large scale African territories (which are a net loss economically speaking) is rendered relatively pointless. Plus the money is needed elsewhere.

As on the map. Nigeria is an "Imperial Protectorate" semi-independent. The rest is gone. British SW Africa is Danish. The Saharan Territories taken from France are now relatively lawless with the surrounding colonial powers staking claims. Sudan is a competing zone of Egyptian and Mysorean interests/troops. Low level skirmishing already. Ethiopia is a Mysroean puppet remember. The rest is under Portuguese/Brasilian control.

Good to see an old TL favorite return, even if only for a series of summary updates! Your writing is still very enjoyable and easy to follow. I hope you'll post a link to your upcoming new TL here once it gets started, as I don't really check the forum much beyond my subscriptions anymore.

Keep up the good work!

Will do! Thanks for the support.

Graet summary. Waiting forward for the other summarys

Great work! Still hoping to see royalist France and Louisiane coming out on top, somehow or at least enduring the storm of the second World War...

Thanks!

Seems collectivism won't be a thing at all in europa , from what i understand the palma pact was quite in difficulty after the rhineland wars.

No Collectivism in Europe is on the way out. Italy fell to the Aquilist far-right after the Rhineland War and Spain was always more "diet" Collectivist - it is now transitioning into a democratic Solidarist state. France still holds. For now.

Thanks for the answers.
Edit: Jesus Christ, that's a lot of Porto-Brazilian African territory...

No Collectivism in Europe is on the way out. Italy fell to the Aquilist far-right after the Rhineland War and Spain was always more "diet" Collectivist - it is now transitioning into a democratic Solidarist state. France still holds. For now.

And my fanfic is getting further and further away from the actual thing... XD

Last edited:
Nice to see you back. I'm curious to see your new project.

Thanks! Hope to have it up end of this month, doing Leuthen wrap ups will take longer than planned . There seem to be a few bits and pieces on the site at the minute set in roughly the same period so it will be interesting to see how it compares.

Summing Up: Part 2 - Countdown to War
Countdown to War (1928-1931)

The 1930s would play host to a world once again at war. Unlike The Great War (1899-1903) which saw the major nations of the world join two competing alliance blocs and then clash for domination; the 1930s would see several separate but linked conflicts break out: the two biggest of course being in North America and Europe.

Europe

The outbreak in 1931 of The Nationalist War was the final fallout of the peace of 1903. The principal driver of the conflict was Prussia. After the conclusive defeat of Germany in The Great War the previous alliance of convenience between Austria and Prussia had ended as both sought to assert themselves as the preeminent power in central Europe. The rise of the militaristic form of Prussian nationalism known as Kreuzism and Berlin’s support for dissident elements within Austria-Hungary meant a showdown was inevitable. It is likely that war would have broken out between Vienna and Berlin sooner had it not been for the twin issues of the economic downturn of the 1920s and the threat of the Collectivist Palma Pact in the west (an ideology hated in both Prussia and Austria.) With the Prussian victory in the Rhineland War eliminated the Collectivist threat to the west for the foreseeable future, it also saw Berlin emerge as the dominant voice in Germany and Central Europe as well as adding further expansionist hubrism to the Prussian Nationalist regime.

Prussia of course was not alone in this showdown. Poland, now a sprawling empire in the east, was economically and politically linked to Prussia. The two countries had pioneered the development and study of aircraft and cataphracts (*tanks) in warfare. Whilst Berlin was focused on Austria and the west, Polish eyes remain fixed on the Russian threat. A distinctly Polish form of Nationalist government had been ruling the country for the last decades and shared Prussia’s desire for territorial expansion and the cutting down to size of their rivals. Following the Aquilist coup Italy had moved into the Prussian camp, as had the increasingly autocratic Turkish State which aimed to regain territory lost to Austria’s ally Greece. The young ambitious king of Sweden had also brought his country into alliance with Berlin.

The Austro-Hungarian Empire meanwhile had persevered as a symbol of liberal constitutional monarchism in Europe. It’s economy was by 1931 recovered from the economic downturn, its army large (if relatively backward in terms of cataphracts and doctrine), its population the largest in Europe (outside Russia) and its government stable. Only restless national groups in Bavaria, Venetia and its Serb and Bosnian puppets presented a challenge. By 1931 however the country was facing hostile powers on three sides. Following the Rhineland War and in the face of increasing Prussian aggression, Vienna and Moscow had form the Austro-Russian Alliance aimed at containing the Nationalist Axis. Added to this was Austria’s longtime allies Greece and Denmark, the Danes still a major power in their own right and wary of Prussian and Swedish rhetoric.

With Spain transitioning to a more liberal form of Solidarist government, Britain in a state of rebuilding and France undergoing increasing internal turmoil it was clear there would be no major involvement by the Western powers at least for the next few years. Consequently sensing their moment the Prussians encouraged their Bavarian agents to rise up and declare independence. When Austria unsurprisingly rejected this and moved to crush the rebels the Axis declared war. A terrible new form of war would soon spread across Europe. At a lightening speed.

North America

Whereas the Nationalist War in Europe was a result of the competing aspirations and fears of a variety of nation states the Américan War in North America was far simpler. It was plain and simple the result of the territorial and political aggression of the Collectivist State of América on the North American continent and the efforts of the other states to resist it.

Unified, industrialised and forged into a colossal power by the dictator Jose Acero the CSA was the dominant power in North America. It had shown the might of its new modern army in overrunning Tejas and was now poised to make its next move. In coordination with its allies: the Collectivist/racial-nationalist state in Georgia and the First People’s Collective, América was determined to crush the remaining reactionary states of North America before they moved against it.

The Bonapartist Louisianan Empire had battled the Américan invasion of Tejas, ultimately unsuccessfully. Louisiana had since began to reform its military and seek political alliances. This proved to be far easier than expected. Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina had historically been neutral states and before that enemies of New Orleans. But the radical state in Georgia to their south and the might of Mexico City to their west caused them and the mighty Commonwealth of New England to join with Louisiana and form the North American Defence Organisation (NADO) to resist Collectivism expansionism.

With The Imperial Federation focused internally and with the rest of the world distracted by the outbreak of the Nationalist War in Europe, Acero acted. Américan tanks and aircraft soon swarmed across the Louisianan border and the Tejan armistice line. The final showdown for North America had begun.

OH MAN. New England, Louisiana, and the non-radical Southron republics together in an alliance?! Damn!

Did Tejas get completely swallowed up by América?