Different America

This is going well into ASB territory along the lines of Tarranty however its something I've wondered about before- WI there was a NW passage navigatable with 16th century technology.
2 ways I've thought of doing this.
1 is outright ASB having a different America something like this

or 2 which has just sprung to mind- the warm period during which the vikings settle Greenland et all lasts longer (though this would be iffy due to probally leading to a viking settlement of NA rather then mainstream Europe)

Shit...The last part of the post got cut off, it must have posted before I pressed stop and changed it.
What I said was something along the lines of- do you think this sea route would be passable in summer or that the original route would work with 11th century temperatures (doubtful there).
I've forgot what else I said...

Depends on how deep it was. The Indians might unite against the Europeans more and the US might come to an accommodation with the Indians earlier, or have a more difficult fight.

The US?
LOL, that really is something I hate in AH...

On the deepness- I do not know much about this, would a deeper sea have more chance of being passable? By passable I mean icy but sailable.
Also any idea on whether the OTL nw route would be workable with superb seamanship back then (I know it is becoming passable now with slightly warmer temperatures though much better ships)