Status
Not open for further replies.
So I only pop in on this site occasionally..but your stuff is pretty good.

The sheer detail you put into it. Like that BBC webpage - you don't miss anything. Keep up the good work!
Thanks!

How different is the modern UK to OTL?
Well the main parties are Labour and the Liberals, except the Liberals have moved to the right so much they might as well be Tories. Michael Gove is the PM but he's part of Labour. Northern Ireland is part of the Republic, although it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows, as a sort of "reverse troubles" continues to some extent to this day in OTL Northern Ireland

Well I made my very first vector map (with some assistance from @Riley Uhr and @Erinthecute) and since it's of TTL's Patagonia I figured I'd post it here. I'll also update the intro post to include this map instead of the shitty raster one I had before

Wow. This map is amazing! A lot better than the first one (though that had an interesting style as well. Not a legendary map by any means, but certainly not something I'd describe as shitty). This one's beautiful.

Last edited:
Thanks!

Well the main parties are Labour and the Liberals, except the Liberals have moved to the right so much they might as well be Tories. Michael Gove is the PM but he's part of Labour. Northern Ireland is part of the Republic, although it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows, as a sort of "reverse troubles" continues to some extent to this day in OTL Northern Ireland
So in terms of party and political position, a flip of OTL Australia?

John G. Diefenbaker
John George Diefenbaker was a Canadian-born American politician well-known for his long and prolific career in American politics. Born in the town of Neustadt, Ontario, Canada, he and his family would emigrate to the American town of Tyler, Texas when he was three years old. The Diefenbaker family would become naturalized US citizens ten years later. After serving as a lawyer for much of his adult life, Diefenbaker ran for US House in 1938 as a member of the Freedom Party and won. He would be reelected twice, before being elected Governor of Texas in 1944. As governor, he would prove to be a close ally of President Earl Warren, supporting much of his war agenda. He would be reelected as governor in 1946, but resign in mid-1947 to become the very first White House Chief of Staff.

Diefenbaker would serve in this capacity until his election to the US Senate in 1948. As senator, he would go on to become one of the most influential and well-known senators of his generation, serving as Senate Minority Leader from 1955 to 1959 and then Majority Leader from 1959 to 1966. During his time in the Senate he would develop a rivalry with fellow Texas Senator Lyndon B. Johnson, who represented the Farmer-Labor Party. Diefenbaker would resign from the Senate in 1966 when President Nelson Rockefeller appointed him Secretary of the Interior, a position which he would hold until the end of Rockefeller's term.

Due to his political influence and name recognition, many in the Freedom Party wanted Diefenbaker to run for the presidency in 1968, although he was constitutionally unable to due to his status as a naturalized citizen. To get around this, a constitutional amendment was proposed to remove the natural-born requirement, although the amendment would be shot down due to the Farmer-Labor Party and many on the right-wing of the Freedom Party opposing it. Notably, future president Bob Dornan, who was then a young representative, was quoted as saying "hell will freeze over before I'll vote to let a Canuck into the White House."

Due to the failure of the amendment, the Freedom Party would instead nominate Vice President George W. Romney, who would go on to win the election. Romney would appoint Diefenbaker back to the position of Chief of Staff, a position which he would hold throughout the entirety of Romney's presidency. He would lose this position after Romney lost the 1972 election to Michigan governor Dominic Jacobetti.

Following the 1972 election, Diefenbaker would retire to his home in Tyler and pass away from a heart attack in 1979. His death made news headlines, with even President Jacobetti taking the time to speak fondly of Diefenbaker, something Jacobetti rarely did of Freedomites. Many consider Diefenbaker to be one of the "greatest presidents who never was". To this day the Freedom Party's federal headquarters are in the Diefenbaker Building in Washington, DC.

Credit for the idea of Texan Dief goes to @akagreenette

john_g_diefenbaker.png

Butch Cassidy
Sorry for no update in so long! Here's something interesting ig:

Robert LeRoy Parker, better known by the alias Butch Cassidy, was an American train robber, bank robber, and con man, known for being the leader of a gang of criminal outlaws known as the "Wild Bunch" in the American Old West as well as acquiring the office of Mayor of Gallagher, Magellan, in Patagonia under the alias of Lloyd Cassidy through fraud and confidence schemes only to steal the city's entire treasury a week and a half later and vacate the office. He would be caught in Victoria posing as a rich man named Didacus Maxwell in an attempt to escape back to the United States. He would be arrested and spent a handful of months awaiting trial, only to con his way out of imprisonment (accounts of his exact con vary) and escape into the interior of New Monmouthshire. Soon afterwards, law enforcement would catch up with him, and he would die in a shootout with police in the interior town of Good Glasswell.

butch cassidy.png

Bush family
Sorry for not updating much lately! I've been working on something huge which has severely burned me out, but I'll try and push it out eventually! In the meantime, here's something significantly less huge

bush_collage.png

2016 US Senate election in New York
The 2016 United States Senate election in New York was held November 8, 2016, to elect a member of the United States Senate to represent the State of New York, concurrently with the 2016 U.S. presidential election as well as other elections held that year. Incumbent Jerrold "Jerry" Nadler did not run for another term. The Farmer-Labor Party nominee, economist and academic Franklin "Frank" Roosevelt III of Manhattan, was initially expected to win. However, the Freedom Party nominee, U.S. Representative Alexander "Al" Johnson of Staten Island, mounted an aggressively negative campaign against Roosevelt, attacking his familial connections and background in academia by accusing him of being an "out of touch elite", as well as accusing him of being a "dangerous radical" due to his position on the hard left wing of the FLP. Roosevelt mounted a weak defense, failing to properly deflect or recover from the attacks mounted against him. Additionally, Roosevelt underperformed in the traditionally FLP-voting New York City. As a result, Johnson won the election comfortably, marking the first time in over half a century New York had two Freedom Party senators simultaneously.

2016 us senate election in new york.PNG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.