Describe Your own Tentative timelines, pre 1900

Gamelin and Daladier both have an accident in 1939.

Reynaud and Georges take over.

Dyle plan scrapped.
Canaris leaks the German plans.

French Air command reorganised, so army commanders can call on air strikes without gong through 35 or was it 36 chains of command.

Georges installs a Telephone at HQ.

The army chain of command simplified so dont end up with 2 HQs
issuing contradictory orders to the same units.

No dispersal of the French Air Force to everywhere - even north Africa, if there is some dispersal someone thinks , best keep a note on where all our aircraft are going , so we can find them again when we need them.

Bigger reserve east of paris, French 7th and 1st armies not wasted.

divisions in transit dont get split up, parts moving by rail, parts by road, the division moves as a whole.

France gathers its superb tank and motorised forces somewhere west of sedan.

They allow the germans to rush towards the channel, in the what was the northern pocket belgians bef and 2nd rate french forces are primed for fighting withdrawl, and trained to operate in smaller independent units.

The french counterattack and cut off all 7 panzer divisions that are driving to the chaannel

Rundstedt has a nervous breakdown, hitler is run over in the panic :D

Out of many ideas floating around in my head, the only one that got beyond the "Hey, a timeline about xxx would be interesting!" stage is one where the Dutch Revolution, eventually, ends up 100% successful with all of the Low Countries united. Some butterflies and a different evolution leads to a more centralised government than the OTL Dutch Republic. This in turn would lead to some expansion in Germany and a bigger colonial empire. Some of the more wankish elements do require the occasional French or Brit short term screw/taming.

Unfortunately, almost nothing of it exists out of my head...

I'm working on a time line with somewhat joint PODs: Franklin Pierce is killed in the train accident that in OTL killed his son, and Janos Libenyi assassinates Franz Ferdinand. In America, President Atchison's term leads to an early civil war with president Seward, while in Europe Austria liberalizes, and Prussia becomes more conservative than OTL (for one thing Frederick III is assassinated.) I haven't really worked on anything past the first ten years yet.

I was actually considering something similar, but with General Sherman going to Bulgaria as a senior general or with some well placed butterflies as a King.

Ever since I first discovered Alexander II, I've wanted to use him in a TL. That, plus my Bulgar-wanking tendencies, tell me he is the way to go.

Now, Kynaz Alexander, PM Stambolov and Marshall of Bulgaria Sherman. That could be an interesting triumvirate! :cool:

About the only TL idea I have with a pre-1900 POD... ASBish, yes, but should be funny. No title for it yet (open for ideas).
POD: for some reason (not yet sure exactly why), after the mess that was the 1876 US presidential election, there is a major movement for the abolition of the Electoral College, resulting into a constitutional amendment for popular-vote election (and/or a variation of the OTL's National Popular Vote Compact) enacted by 1879.
Then, the 1880 election rolls around, with (attention, even more ASB than the previous paragraph) about the same vote division as IOTL... :D

Oh, I have one; please comment if its too ridiculous.

Westphobia

-Shay's Rebellion succeeds in capturing the Springfield Armory.
-Vermont's Green Mountain Boys join their cause.
-Shaysites rapidly reach Boston. Cooler heads prevail; Boston is captured, not burned.
-Massachusetts falls to Shaysites.
-Connecticut + RI stay neutral.
-Shay's Revolution sparks large revolts in the West.
-States, fearing loss of control try to retake control of Western territories.
-Heavy destabilization causes not an attack on the Articles, but on the idea of a confederation itself.
-America breaks down into multiple, near iron-fisted "democracies", all refusing to let control of Western land go. Only remnant is a defensive pact amongst all states under Pennsylvania. Main "focus" being on a Shaysite Massachusetts Bay consisting of New Hampshire, Vermont, "Maine" and Massachusetts.

The Tigers of Tanjore

The Chola dynasty does not fall to the Pandyas, and instead maintains their empire to the point where they dominate the whole of South India and also keep their colonial possessions in the Bay of Bengal, which remains the Cholan Lake.

I would love to see this one done. I don't have the ability or energy to do it myself, but if you ever start it let me know and you'll have a loyal reader!

The King of Corsica:
Napoleon Bonaparte stays on his native island and continues fighting for its independence from France. He is eventually successful and is first made first consul and later king of the island. Napoleon's new role in history has considerable effects upon European history in general and French and Italian history in particular.
See, that one i would be interested in reading.

Have I posted this? i can't remember...
Extra:
-Breckenridge wins in 1860
-Warsaw rising ousts the Russians
-ACW delayed
-Jayhawker Rebellion
-Coation Party (Reps and Constitutional Unionists) formed
-All told in newspapers and documents

Aceh of the North
POD: 1450
-A Muslim minor state in Taiwan
-Anne of Brittany and Philip the Fair are married
-Buddhist Luzon(perhaps I might have it ruled by a cadet line of Ayuthaya dynasty later on)
-Less conquerable Philippines to the Spanish, Sulu will rule parts of Visayas as well.

I change it's name to A different Era of Exploration, no longer Aceh of the North, the POD is still 1450 and this is the brief description..
-A Muslim minor state in Taiwan
-Anne of Brittany and Philip the Fair are married, making Brittany under Habsburg rule, but France gains it on a War of Succession later on.
-Buddhist Luzon(perhaps I might have it ruled by a cadet line of Ayuthaya dynasty later on).
-Less conquerable Philippines to the Spanish, Sulu will rule parts of Visayas as well.
-No Bruneian Empire.
-Casa di Savoia rules Naples.
-Edward of Westminister survives and the French King, an alternate "Henry IV" equivalent is his descendant in the Female line and France is under the rule of the House of Bourbon-Lancaster.

Last edited:
A reboot of my first ever TL: A Different Path, hopefully coming soon!

P.O.D. - England intervenes in the Corsican Crisis, 1768.

- Corsica never falls under the influence of France
- Carlo Buonaparte is named ambassador to England
- Young Napoleone Buonaparte befriends Arthur Wellesley at Eton
- Napoleone becomes a British general, later Prime Minister
- A surviving Holy Roman Empire
- American Civil War averted by Whig dominence after 1828
- Franco-American War, 1871
- America assumes control of Carribbean, northern Mexico, and Vera Cruz
- Russian defeat in Crimean War leads to massive overhaul of military

Then, later!

- A fascist Russia!
- A Jewish SS!
- Zeppelins!
- The Cairo to Cape Town Railroad completed!

Plus much, much more! Look for it!

A reboot of my first ever TL: A Different Path, hopefully coming soon!

P.O.D. - England intervenes in the Corsican Crisis, 1768.

- Corsica never falls under the influence of France
- Carlo Buonaparte is named ambassador to England
- Young Napoleone Buonaparte befriends Arthur Wellesley at Eton
- Napoleone becomes a British general, later Prime Minister
- A surviving Holy Roman Empire
- American Civil War averted by Whig dominence after 1828
- Franco-American War, 1871
- America assumes control of Carribbean, northern Mexico, and Vera Cruz
- Russian defeat in Crimean War leads to massive overhaul of military

Then, later!

- A fascist Russia!
- A Jewish SS!
- Zeppelins!
- The Cairo to Cape Town Railroad completed!

Plus much, much more! Look for it!
I would point out there were Jews serving in the SS (those whacky nazis)

POD: Zheng He discovers Mexico, 1420s

Tacit agreement formed at the Imperial Court, that revenues from trade with Aztecs will be heavily taxed to build the Ming Army

Northern Yuan Dynasty survives by extracting juicy ransoms from Ming, and Sinoxenic states gradually form across the Pacific Rim into the 16th century

Northern Yuan Dynasty carves out a sphere of influence in Central Asia, eventually OTL Kazakhs and Uzbeks convert to Tibetan Buddhism

Islam spreads further into Africa thanks to increased trade in the Indian Ocean

Word spreads in Europe of a vast continent to the East and West, and Columbus discovers rapidly growing agrarian societies

European powers carve out spheres of influence in the Americas, yet European settlement is not successful

I'll save the rest for when I actually write this.

Multi-State USA (a working title)

POD
In August 1844, James G. Birney falls off his horse and dies, "for want of a nail [in a horse shoe]". His death robs the Liberty Party of its candidate, allowing Henry Clay to win New York by a few thousand votes, and thus the presidency.

This causes Tyler to back off on Texas Annexation, and so Texas remains independent. The Bear Flag Revolt still occurs in California (before the Gold Rush), resulting in an independent Californian Republic that stretches to the Rockies. Of course, they cannot control all of that territory by their lonesome, leading to an independent Mormon state.

All of these butterflies lead to a different civil war, in which the South successfully forms a confederacy. In the chaos of civil war, the Oregon Country, which was left ambiguous in the treaties with Britain, forms its own independent Republic.

And so we end up with what we know of as the contiguous 48 states divided into 6 separate nations. I was working on a timeline earlier, but I kind of lost interest. Would anyone read it if I finished?

An Affair of States: A reboot of my failed Extra timeline.
-Republic of Greater Kansas?
-President Breckenridge?
-A Kansan rebellion?
-British Alaska?
-Polish Poland in the 1860s?:eek:
Come have a look, and post your questions, comments, and feedback.

I have two ideas I want to eventually do, but am currently in the process of doing a lot of research for them. I'm not even sure at the moment if what I want is possible, but at the moment it's how things are shaping up. Both are untitled at the moment, because I'm terrible at titles.

1: PoD1 - A different, longer lived Julian the Apostate who is religiously tolerant to both Christians and Pagans.
PoD2 - Different movements of the Huns (inspired by the timeline of the same name.)

- Religiously motivated population shifts causing a Pagan West and Christian East.
- Plague in the East causing more people to flee West.
- A Weaker East falls to the Huns and Barbarians. A Stronger West survives.
- Arianism triumphs in the Eastern states.
- Paganism and Nicene Christianity survives in the Western Roman Empire.

2: PoD - Thomas Lincoln moves to Mississippi with his family in 1816 (Same PoD as Go South, Young Man).

- CSA President Lincoln.
- Ulysses Grant, George McClellan, Winfield Scott, and George Thomas side with the Confederacy.
- Confederate Kentucky.

One idea I have and would like to do up later is "The Guinea Pig: The Saviour of Ireland".
Guinea pigs become a popular food source amongst the peasants and when the Potato Famine strikes they eat a lot of guinea pigs which can thrive on grass and useless plants. So its more of a very lean time rather than a famine.

And another basic idea, Indian Grenadiers. Some Central American Indian city state makes gun powder around 1AD. Someone then realizes it would make a nice weapons and puts it in a clay pot with a fuse. Eventually most of the Natives in North America and a lot of the south are using various types of primitive hand grenades, flash bombs and stun grenades for hunting and fighting.

And another basic idea, Indian Grenadiers. Some Central American Indian city state makes gun powder around 1AD. Someone then realizes it would make a nice weapons and puts it in a clay pot with a fuse. Eventually most of the Natives in North America and a lot of the south are using various types of primitive hand grenades, flash bombs and stun grenades for hunting and fighting.
DO IT! That sounds epic.