You know if goering never gets that morphine addiction he would be alot more efficient,he was after all the man who made the gestapo and in this timeline the red baron is still alive so wouldn't goering, one of the men who helped bring otl nazi germany to power and orchestrated some of it's most horrible things be more dangerous without the morphine
Goering will have an interesting fate, that's for sure. Gestapo will be better than OTL for sure.
The rest remains a mystery for now. :p

perhaps Goering OD:s?
No, he won't OD because the Beer Hall Putsch will never happen.
Goering only got addicted to morphine because he was shot in the putsch and used need the stuff for pain relief.
Hitler is taking a different path to power OTL; overwhelming populism, I like to call it.
Operation Elbe is still in full force and Hitler and the Nazis grow more popular by the day.
Silesia was a really big PR victory for the Nazis. And one with great consequence in the future.

this is a great story, I love this sort of butterflies building up into a tsunami thing. Makes history feel very alive, and the timeline feel more plausible, as the earlier you go the more you can do

No, he won't OD because the Beer Hall Putsch will never happen.
Goering only got addicted to morphine because he was shot in the putsch and used need the stuff for pain relief.
Hitler is taking a different path to power OTL; overwhelming populism, I like to call it.
Operation Elbe is still in full force and Hitler and the Nazis grow more popular by the day.
Silesia was a really big PR victory for the Nazis. And one with great consequence in the future.

He wouldn't understand strategy without the beerhall putsch. Without it, he wouldn't have had those nine months to think through things, and then to plan his grand strategy for the future. He wouldn't have his plan to conquer Europe and Russia, he wouldn't have been able to understand that without a party willing to take on anyone and everyone (with a few exceptions, i.e. jews, gypsies, etc.) he wouldn't have been able to take power the way he did.

Edit: The SS had its beginning as the Stabswache (staff guard) and was redesignated Stoßtruppe Hitler (Hitler Shock Troops). The SS itself was only formed in 1925.

Last edited:
He wouldn't understand strategy without the beerhall putsch. Without it, he wouldn't have had those nine months to think through things, and then to plan his grand strategy for the future. He wouldn't have his plan to conquer Europe and Russia, he wouldn't have been able to understand that without a party willing to take on anyone and everyone (with a few exceptions, i.e. jews, gypsies, etc.) he wouldn't have been able to take power the way he did.
ITTL Hitler was promoted to HQ to work as a mapmaker and aide. He's heard plenty about strategy and tactics during that time.
Germany was under attack/occupation east (Poland) and west (France) after 1918.
To Hitler, holding the line is the most important thing because no matter how grand your strategy, they're pretty empty if you can't even protect your own home. ;)

Also, by declaring a guerilla war on the French occupation, he gained a lot of popular support from the Germans living in the occupied areas (Rhineland, Ruhr, and Saar).
By using the same tactics the Polish Military Organization used in Silesia against the French, the SA and SS is bleeding the French occupiers, raising their occupation costs while defiance from the German population in the occupied areas make it certain that the production and the quality of products is very low there.
With little goods to seize, the French debt increases significantly because they can't seize enough stuff to pay for the occupation.
The use of guerilla warfare by the Nazis and their SA/SS will have bigger consequence down the road. :p

And arguably, Mein Kampf is just a load of random BS pieced together at random.
ITTL Hitler is talking, but he's backing up his rhetoric with action. Expedition Silesia and OP Elbe are proof of that to the German people.
The Nazis are willing to take on the French and the Poles and they had the support of the Inter-Allied Commission in Silesia and international sympathy after the Massacre in Bonn.
To your average German citizen back then, they were pretty badass, taking on Germany's enemies and winning right after the devastating defeat of WW1.

The Nazi Party backs Hitler because he's successful and calls for action instead of just empty words like other German politicians.
Hitler ITTL is more practical and he's focused on what's in front of him.

There will be more about Adolf's plans and thinking in the next chapter, as well as info on how OP Elbe is proceeding.

And arguably, Mein Kampf is just a load of random BS pieced together at random.
ITTL Hitler is talking, but he's backing up his rhetoric with action. Expedition Silesia and OP Elbe are proof of that to the German people.
The Nazis are willing to take on the French and the Poles and they had the support of the Inter-Allied Commission in Silesia and international sympathy after the Massacre in Bonn.
To your average German citizen back then, they were pretty badass, taking on Germany's enemies and winning right after the devastating defeat of WW1.

But the 'random BS' was stuff that had been building up for a long time, starting with Fichte and Hegel, then with Treitschke and Nietzsche, ( and here you may have your laugh at this) Count Joseph Arthur de Gobineau, and Houston Stewart Chamberlain. Having read Mein Kampf, I can see how carefully crafted it is to appeal to the big dogs of Germany and to large sections of the middle class.

But, you don't have to take my word for it, I'll just let your enemy and mine do the talking.

”Without my imprisonment, Mein Kampf would never have been written. That period gave me the chance of deepening various notions for which I then had only an instinctive feeling . . . It’s from this time, too, that my conviction dates – a thing that many of my supporters never understood – that we could no longer win power by force. The state had had time to consolidate itself, and it had the weapons.”

(Hitler’s Secret Conversations, p. 235.)

Edit: So why were the SS formed so early? If they're going to develop like they did, they'll need Heinrich Himmler. He was instrumental in the growth of the SS and the consolidation of various functions under itself.

Last edited:
But the 'random BS' was stuff that had been building up for a long time, starting with Fichte and Hegel, then with Treitschke and Nietzsche, ( and here you may have your laugh at this) Count Joseph Arthur de Gobineau, and Houston Stewart Chamberlain. Having read Mein Kampf, I can see how carefully crafted it is to appeal to the big dogs of Germany and to large sections of the middle class.

But, you don't have to take my word for it, I'll just let your enemy and mine do the talking.

Edit: So why were the SS formed so early? If they're going to develop like they did, they'll need Heinrich Himmler. He was instrumental in the growth of the SS and the consolidation of various functions under itself.
The SS is still Hitler's bodyguard at this point. They were formed to protect him in Silesia against Polish forces.
Julius Schreck is their current "Reichsfuhrer SS" (the position wasn't made until later)
I'll explain the formation of the SS in a later chapter.
ITTL France is enacting a harsh occupation in the Rhineland and Ruhr. They will try and push for independence of these states. The state of occupied Germany will be explored in Chapter 11.
Hitler and the Nazis are currently fighting them because if he doesn't there won't be much of a Germany left to consolidate after the French carve it up.

OTL, Adolf never achieved any success in art.
ITTL he's a somewhat well known artist who's earned some money from art before he started working for the Nazi Party as the illustrator for their propaganda piece. See chapter 6 for more detail.
Also, he's still reading up on the same people you just mentioned and some others as well. It's just taking him longer to form his ideology because he's "busy with certain operations". He's still writing Mein Kampf (in his spare time), except it's going to be more coherent and probably longer.

Very interesting. However, I very much look forward to seeing how Hitlers experience in Silesia changes his perception of the needs of the army and logistics.

I mean, unless I am mistaken, OTL a lot of money went into Autobahns, while a relative pittance went towards refurbishment and modernisation of the railways, change there would benefit Germany much more then Autobahns. Also, Germany had a very developed canal network, so more attention given there would also be rather helpful.

However, it is likely that the greatest changes are likely to come in regards to Luftwaffe, since Ricthofen is still alive, and it will be interesting to see what mark he will leave on the Luftwaffe ITTL. Maybe the changes will not be so much in regards to hardware, generally speaking what they had OTL was adequate for their needs, but changes are going to be focused on training and less convoluted aircraft procuring?

The NSDAP will be much better funded in this timeline. During the 1920's, most of the German elite supported the DNVP, however since the Nazis are being actually useful in attacking the enemies of Germany, they are a much better investment. I expect the DNVP to decline much earlier than they did in OTL, because many supporters and backers will go to the Nazis. The public perception of the NSDAP will be different in Germany as well, instead of being unknown, they are the protectors of Germany. They will probably be respected by most of the political spectrum, even those that disagree heavily with them. This does mean that it won't be as easy for the NSDAP to take power however, they will not be underestimated like they were in OTL, although the extra support probably makes this disadvantage worth it. Love the TL

Quick Announcement:
I've kind of encounter a large unit of Writer's Block.
And they've managed to halt me temporarily.
So I'm going to ask for your help.
What do you want to see more of in the next chapter?
What do you want explored in greater detail?

It would be interesting to see how the various parties in Germany are viewed by the public, and how it is different from otl. A general look into German life would be interesting as well