glad to see this story back, if I didn't know it was an uchrony I would take it as a real story, can't wait to see the rest :)
Thank you!
The way that Hitler thinks and speaks throughout this chapter is really interesting because it shows how his character has changed.
Glad to hear it. I wanted a more effective/competent Hitler that was still a monster whose hatred will see millions perish. But he has to be better at what he does than OTL Hitler due to Austria being far weaker in a host of regards compared to Germany.

If some of the slovenes like mlakar help Hitler,will Hitler's mindset change a little bit ?
Hitler will have a more favorable view of Slavs ITTL. Here he does view them as “lesser Aryans” who are merely led astray by damnable ideologies such as Communism and damnable ethnic groups such as Jews.

Not saying some Slavic groups (Serbians) won’t be persecuted like Slavs were during OTL WW2 but in general this Hitler will view them as allies/second-class subjects rather than groups subject for extermination .
Probably would be about as consequential as Hitler's Jewish superior Hugo Gutmann recommending him for the Iron Cross, First Class.
Slovenes I will say when it is annexed by the Austrian State later down the road will be rife with anti-Sozinat forces as they will be annexed directly rather than made into a semi-independent protectorate or puppet state. Many will support the Sozinats or be neutral towards them but there will be a sizable resistance movement.
Those Slovenes and their immediate families will probably be given some kind of free passage outside of Austria, but the rest of the Slovenes won't be so lucky
They will be given first class Austrian citizenship while the others are second-class. Hitler will remember those who aided him.
I’m toying with an idea that the Slav-inhabited territories the Austrian State annexes will have a tiered citizenship structure with those loyal to the State giving first class and perks, such as tax cuts, ideal homes, yearly fiscal bonuses etc to keep a happy and productive group in the annexed territories that will be the envy of the locals and act as a loyal sub-population.

Nice chapter, really plays up how this Hitler has grown and is now a commander leading from the front.

If I didn't know how much of a monster Hitler still is, and his clear hatreds I might even like him.

Does make me wonder why the Austrians where not garrisoning their border towns properly concerning the Yugoslavian threat.

Nice chapter, really plays up how this Hitler has grown and is now a commander leading from the front.

If I didn't know how much of a monster Hitler still is, and his clear hatreds I might even like him.

Does make me wonder why the Austrians where not garrisoning their border towns properly concerning the Yugoslavian threat.
There was an armistice and the whole disputed region was to undergo a plebiscite in 1920/1921 so it was supposed to be demilitarized, hence the lack of Marburg's Green Guard.

I will say the Austro-Slovene conflict is historical, with the Kampfgruppe and Hitler being there obviously being the difference with more and more things soon to change. But the information on said conflict is spare to say the least, at least in English. So I'm having to feel in the gaps/skimming through lesser known aspects.

That has been a struggle for me. Making Hitler in a way somewhat likable and sympathetic so it makes the fall all the more tragic. But I feel I was making him a bit too likable, hence me having to show his brutality in actions and words. It is a balancing act that will get easier over time as he becomes less and less the WW1 Hitler and more akin to his Sozinat self. I would say Paul Lutjens and Franz Olbrecht were his two anchors to a better time and to becoming a better man but Lutjens has left and Olbrecht has followed Hitler into this path of war and destruction.

Wow I just realised, Tanner, you should seriously make the Sozinats "cross" or symbol the "Wolf Cross". It would be perfect, and match this perfectly. The wolf cross is an ancient Nordic/Aryan symbol of power, and is basically a swastika except the "arms" have different angles. Adolf=Wolf, the Kampfgruppen Wolf, and all that, so dont you think a Wolf Cross would be a better one that what your using right now?
1622456758834.png
here it is

Wow I just realised, Tanner, you should seriously make the Sozinats "cross" or symbol the "Wolf Cross". It would be perfect, and match this perfectly. The wolf cross is an ancient Nordic/Aryan symbol of power, and is basically a swastika except the "arms" have different angles. Adolf=Wolf, the Kampfgruppen Wolf, and all that, so dont you think a Wolf Cross would be a better one that what your using right now?
View attachment 655149here it is

I will also add that as an altar boy at the Bendectine monastery, Hitler practically saw this swastika everyday

View attachment 655153

So, I don't see why the Wolf Cross couldn't be Hitler's insignia in TTL. They're practically identical.
Ahhh, thanks for letting me know about this!

While I will be keeping the Kruckenkreuz as the Party symbol of the ÖSNVP, I am more than happy and willing to use this Wolf’s Cross for the Sturmwache (the Storm Guard), the ÖSNVP’s version of the SS. That will show a more direct allegiance to Hitler I feel and it is similar enough yet different enough to go “Ok the Sturmwache is Sozinat but they’re a whole other breed of Sozinat.”

This is why my readers are great. Always coming up with ideas and concepts that enrich the Der Kampf world.

Thank YOU! Pretty cool. However, I dont see why you dont replace the Kruckenkreuz... i respect your decision its just that i personally dont like it.

And you dont recognize me do you?

(I will soon send you the rest of Part Two Storm of Steel Edited ;) )

Actually upon re-reading your response i changed my mind, yes the Wolf's Cross would probably be better for the Sturmwache

I have caught up and am eagerly waiting for the next chapter 👍

EDIT:
Just realised Austrian Empire would be Osterreich Reich in German, doesnt sound good. I assume there will be no reunification with Hungary so will it be called the Austrian Empire? Or maybe Danubia, maybe just Holy Empire... and maybe they want to seem like the descendants of Rome, so New Roman Empire is one option.
Lets see, it can also be:
Austro-German Empire
German-Austrian Empire
Austro-Germany
Greater Austrian Empire
Danubian Empire
etc.

and i like the phrase, frail giant of the Balkans...

Last edited:
I have caught up and am eagerly waiting for the next chapter 👍

EDIT:
Just realised Austrian Empire would be Osterreich Reich in German, doesnt sound good. I assume there will be no reunification with Hungary so will it be called the Austrian Empire? Or maybe Danubia, maybe just Holy Empire... and maybe they want to seem like the descendants of Rome, so New Roman Empire is one option.
Lets see, it can also be:
Austro-German Empire
German-Austrian Empire
Austro-Germany
Greater Austrian Empire
Danubian Empire
etc.

and i like the phrase, frail giant of the Balkans...
Austria goes from a host of names, historical even.
Austrian-Hungarian Empire to Republic of German-Austria to Republic of Austria and later to the Federal Republic of Austria. Here all that will remain except the Federal Republic, that becomes the Austrian State, the Social Nationalist (Sozinat) regime.
Awesome chapter! You truly outdo yourself in your works Tanner151!
Thank you!
As a heads up next chapter is about halfway done. Nothing too long but I’m trying to wrap up the Austro-Slovene conflict so we aren’t bogged down in it. Still a few Chapters to go however.

I’m planning to have Book 1 (the story this far) end in 1923ish, from there it will be edited and refined for publication.

I’m wanting to end the story on a “holy crap” moment and I have it planned out, just have to get there.

pls don't ban me

Monthly Donor
I’m wanting to end the story on a “holy crap” moment and I have it planned out, just have to get there.
How about, Hitler discovers that his happiness was not due to jews extermination but due to the friends he made along the road?
also since we are experiencing a renewed LGBT and 5th wave femminism, Adolph starts to identify himself as a female Flamingo.

How about, Hitler discovers that his happiness was not due to jews extermination but due to the friends he made along the road?
also since we are experiencing a renewed LGBT and 5th wave femminism, Adolph starts to identify himself as a female Flamingo.
(Cue Highschool Musical songs)

“We’re all in this together…” with Lutjens, Olbrecht, Golmayer, Fyodor, and Kuhr all dancing around a conference table with Hitler scowling in the distant but also tapping his foot.
10/10 perfect.

pls don't ban me

Monthly Donor
(Cue Highschool Musical songs)

“We’re all in this together…” with Lutjens, Olbrecht, Golmayer, Fyodor, and Kuhr all dancing around a conference table with Hitler scowling in the distant but also tapping his foot.
10/10 perfect.
i was more thinking of something like " let's got to the mall" of HIMYM or "summer time sadness" while under the bunker in Wien before the suicide pill.
Also while writing this bullshit , i realized something. Read the summer time sadness lyrics but imagine Hitler saying them to Lutjens.

Kiss me hard before you go
Summertime sadness
I just wanted you to know
That baby, you the best
I got my red dress on tonight
Dancin' in the dark, in the pale moonlight
Done my hair up real big, beauty queen style
High heels off, I'm feelin' alive
Oh, my God, I feel it in the air
Telephone wires above are sizzlin' like a snare
Honey, I'm on fire, I feel it everywhere
Nothin' scares me anymore
(One, two, three, four)
Summertime sadness
That baby, you the best

i was more thinking of something like " let's got to the mall" of HIMYM or "summer time sadness" while under the bunker in Wien before the suicide pill.
Also while writing this bullshit , i realized something. Read the summer time sadness lyrics but imagine Hitler saying them to Lutjens.

Summertime sadness
That baby, you the best
I got my red dress on tonight
Dancin' in the dark, in the pale moonlight
Done my hair up real big, beauty queen style
High heels off, I'm feelin' alive
Oh, my God, I feel it in the air
Telephone wires above are sizzlin' like a snare
Honey, I'm on fire, I feel it everywhere
Nothin' scares me anymore
(One, two, three, four)
Summertime sadness
That baby, you the best
Robyn Sparkles = Rudolf Sparkmeyer, Hitler’s singing alter ego.

I will say that if in-universe if they ever made a Hitler: Rise to Evil series but historically accurate (in-universe) and good, I’m wondering if they could fit Lana Del Rey’s ‘Gods and Monsters’ in there somewhere. I associate that song with bad guys trying to explain why they are good. It’s the unofficial theme song to the Word Bearers in the Fulgrimian Heresy.

Last edited: