Decision Points: The Presidency of Al Gore

John Farson

Banned
Sorry to hear you lost interest, but a good wrapup nonetheless.

So, ITTL the Democrats will have been in power for 20 out of the past 24 years, similar to how it was for the GOP in 1993. I wonder if the GOP would likewise move towards the center after so many years in the wilderness?

Nice wrap-up!

Does Don't Ask Don't Tell fall on schedule? Is gay marriage still the rock star issue of the day or is health care looming largest?

Another fun TL from you!

My only faint criticism is that, with the "fiscally prudent 2000s" and no xenophobic/reactionary movement against a nonwhite president's ambitious healthcare reform during a recession (*breath*)... I don't see the Debt Ceiling being used as a bargaining chip ITTL.

For your next performance, may I suggest a TL about a Republican Administration during the Great Recession? Perhaps a sequel to "Reporting for Duty" or perhaps not. The stickler is that it is rather difficult to get a Rep elected in 2008 unless a Dem won 2004.

Anyways, Congratulations again on another fine story!

Thanks for this TL, hcallega. It was a very instructive and fun read :)
As for questions, how did the space programs evolve during McCain and Clinton's administrations? were they gutted and gutted again bipartisanly as in OTL?

Good wrap-up. A little brief, but not bad. Can we please have a detailed list of Senate races in 2008, 2010, and 2012, like we did for 2002, 2004, and 2006. Wouldn't hurt, would it?

Last edited:
The fact you to stuck through two administrations is more than I'd muster. I'd probably have ended it when Gore left office myself. So I commend your work, as sad as I am to see the TL end. It's realistic and it's one of my first examples when I need to cite Alternate History.

The fact you to stuck through two administrations is more than I'd muster. I'd probably have ended it when Gore left office myself. So I commend your work, as sad as I am to see the TL end. It's realistic and it's one of my first examples when I need to cite Alternate History.

Thank you for that praise!

Perhaps Madam President could be relaunched if hcallega is willing. Some adjustments to the posts, names, positions, and actions taken. Also, I think you've butterflied Ted Kennedy's death from a brain tumor. Am I right hcallega?

Perhaps Madam President could be relaunched if hcallega is willing. Some adjustments to the posts, names, positions, and actions taken. Also, I think you've butterflied Ted Kennedy's death from a brain tumor. Am I right hcallega?

*sigh* let it go, guy