DCS - Yet Another Colour Scheme, but without an acronym

Shit's been updated. Added a bunch of new colours, rearranged categories and added subsections (took the idea from the current WIP update of THICC). The huge Venezuelan overhaul was done by a friend of mine.

Shit's been updated. Added a bunch of new colours, rearranged categories and added subsections (took the idea from the current WIP update of THICC). The huge Venezuelan overhaul was done by a friend of mine.
Am I not looking hard enough, or is the Maldives in the wrong part of your colour key? The Maldives is in line with southern India, not the other Indian Ocean islands.

Last edited:
Am I not looking hard enough, or is the Maldives in the wrong part of your colour key? The Maldives is in line with southern India, not the other Indian Ocean islands.
I placed them there deliberately in the first version of the scheme to make the Indian Ocean section look larger, although there is certainly an argument for them to be but in Southern India. However I'd rather keep them there as a sort of easter egg.

Drex, add more Finland.
I think there should be a color for Tavastia, Ostrobothnia, Savonia, maybe Satakunta.

I love the sub-sections that you've added, they make it way more organized. You should consider doing them for the religion section.

I don't think there's any justification to waste colours on making Canton/Guangdong, Hangzhou/Zhejiang, Nanjing/Jiangsu, Hubei/Wuhan, Nanchang/Jianxi[sic], Shandong/Jinan, Xi'an/Shaanxi different pairs of colours. Furthermore, why is Liaodong equated with Hebei and not with Liaoning?

I was wondering, where are the colors for Eurasia and Eastasia from 1984? I can't seem to find their names in the Russia and China categories respectively, so I assume they would be Far-Left China and Far-Left Russia?

Otherwise, which colors would work best?

I was wondering, where are the colors for Eurasia and Eastasia from 1984? I can't seem to find their names in the Russia and China categories respectively, so I assume they would be Far-Left China and Far-Left Russia?

Otherwise, which colors would work best?
For Eurasia I'd go with the Radical Far-Left Russia to distinguish it better from Eastasia's Far-Left China.

qazse

Gone Fishin'
I hate to bother you, but now that Biden's in office you should probably change the US logs to have the Liberal US be marked as "Current".

I don't think the US color should be updated to the bluer shade; I use the greenish blue for OTL US and the blue only if America is radically changed from OTL. Anyways, my other contributions:
- A fifth Texas color, perfect for anyone who wants to partition Texas into five.
1619087192659.png

- More annotations:
Antigua and Barbuda/United Leeward Isles/Lesser Antilles
Barbados.../United Windward Isles/United Caribbean
Dali/.../Lisu
Westernised China/.../Indo-European China

Without going deeply into politics I wouldn't consider the change to be enough, I'd say if Ocasio-Cortez or maybe even Sanders was president then we'd switch colours.

Suggestions there will be considered.
Personally? I don't think the US color should be changed until Jefferson's constitution is torn to shreds. I'd propose making the current Conservative US color just for the US in general, the blue Liberal US for a US that is significantly more liberal than OTL (i.e. AMPU), and add a third color, possibly a dull red like #c8615d, for a US that is more conservative than OTL, or for general conservative rebels in a future 2nd civil war.

Last edited:
Personally? I don't think the US color should be changed until Jefferson's constitution is torn to shreds. I'd propose making the current Conservative US color just for the US in general, the blue Liberal US for a US that is significantly more liberal than OTL (i.e. AMPU), and add a third color, possibly a dull red like #c8615d, for a US that is more conservative than OTL, or for general conservative rebels in a future 2nd civil war.
1619691603739.png

What I'm proposing. (Sorry for the slight necro.)