DCS - Yet Another Colour Scheme, but without an acronym

Why do you think we don't need a Dalit-ruled India colour?
On second thought, added.
I did consider only two of them, I agree we might not need two kinds of Marxist(-Leninist) India, but I think Marxist and Maoist India/Naxalites are sufficiently different to warrant two colours.

Regarding (all of/main) China, I thought of (many of the colour concepts already esist):
  • Qin Dynasty/ancient China
  • Han Dynasty/main monarchist China
  • Tang Dynasty/secondary monarchist China
  • Song Dynasty/modern absolutist China/early industrial state(?)
  • Yuan Dynasty/foreign monarchist China
  • Ming Dynasty/Greater China
  • Qing Dynasty/(secondary) constitutional monarchist China
  • Marxist(-Leninist) China
  • Maoist China (OTL People's Republic of China)
  • maybe radical Maoist/Cultural Revolutionary China?
  • militarist/stratocratic China/Sun Yat-sen
  • liberal China (OTL Republic of China)
  • far-right/Han supremacist China
  • technocratic China
Yeah no. I don't think we need a different color for every Chinese dynasty.

A few much-needed expansions in Europe. Some credit to @Red Arturoist .
1624096889455.png
1624096951835.png
1624097005596.png
1624097129622.png
1624097160484.png
I'll give you my China and India patches later.

A few much-needed expansions in Europe. Some credit to @Red Arturoist .
I quite like this! Thanks for incorporating a lot of my suggestions, and I agree that some colours might have been overkill (and/or that no colour change might be needed, e.g. for democratic Lithuania or democratic republican Germany). However, I think we do need a colour for a benevolent or modern absolute monarchy (like the one proposed for Absolutist Britain), as well as for a stratocracy in Europe (especially Germany).

EDIT: I also think my colours for fascist/white supremacist Britain and at least one of the far-left British colours could be very useful.

I think i'll, at least partially, continue using my expansion in addition to DCS...

Last edited:
Yeah no. I don't think we need a different color for every Chinese dynasty.
The different Chinese dynasties are, of course, basically all a monarchist (united) China, but as long as such colours can double or triple for other situations, why not separate them?

EDIT: I could, for example, imagine lumping in "far-right/Han supremacist China" with "Han Dynasty", or "technocratic China" with "Song Dynasty".

Last edited:
The different Chinese dynasties are, of course, basically all a monarchist (united) China, but as long as such colours can double or triple for other situations, why not separate them?

EDIT: I could, for example, imagine lumping in "far-right/Han supremacist China" with "Han Dynasty", or "technocratic China" with "Song Dynasty".
The dynasties that unified China should definitely have their own color. Keep in mind there have been like 5 dynasties called Liang , 4-6 Yan's, and countless other states that exist hundreds of years a part from each other or begrudgingly exist next to one another at the same time, whereas the unifying dynasties (Han, Qin, Tang) define entire eras of chinese history

Guys, I'm not sure if that's the right place to ask, but what was/would be the national colours of Cape, Natal, Orange and Transvaal if they remained separated? The latter two at least have their flags to begin with, but Cape and Natal had only their blue ensign.

Traditionally, South African colours have been green and gold, but I don't know how that emerged. Would Cape had taken those colours instead? And Natal? Red, Blue or a random colour as the other Dominions took?

Last edited:

I'd just use the "Generic Chinese dynasty" for every dynasty, except the Yuan and Qing.

@Drex? Your opinion on all these suggestions?
On my part the scheme was finished with my last update, I do not intend to add anything else at least for now, if people want to add more colours and entries by themselves to their copies of the scheme, no problem with that.

qazse

Gone Fishin'
On my part the scheme was finished with my last update, I do not intend to add anything else at least for now, if people want to add more colours and entries by themselves to their copies of the scheme, no problem with that.
What was the exact font you used for the entries again?

qazse

Gone Fishin'
Alright, I've made a version of the scheme with almost all of the new suggestions. Drex, would you be willing to accept this as version 2.3?
dens423-4146f92c-4648-458e-9d08-fe8d8ca3e609.png

Alright, I've made a version of the scheme with almost all of the new suggestions.
That's lovely already!
If you have time, could you incorporate some of my suggestions on the expansion sheet, too? I like those on the left column (regarding Europe) the most, as well as some in the central column.

Thanks to everybody for the many expansions and proposals, and I am planning on proposing a few more colours. But far fewer than last time, I think.

Last edited:
Here is my proposal for the Turkey section - incorporating some of my earlier proposals and three of the four newest ones:

Turkey Section - Proposal.png

@erictom333 , are you still working on India and/or China revamps?

Also, @Entrerriano , @Drex , @qazse , @erictom333 , et al. - what would you think about opening a new, collaborative thread for expansions to DCS and/or a new scheme? I already have an idea for an acronym: CCCC or CCCCC