DCS - Yet Another Colour Scheme, but without an acronym

Spacemarks
Did something.
upload_2019-3-17_9-45-44.png

Hun_2013

Banned
I have four more questions:

1. Was the British Raj a British colony? Because it appears as a signatory country in the Treaty of Versailles.

2. Was the Kingdom of Egypt independent from the United Kingdom?

3. When do I not paint a dominion with Darker Plus? When does he adopt the Statute of Westminster 1931? What if the dominion was created after the Statute of Westminster 1931? I paint with Darker Plus or not?

4. Was Afghanistan a British protectorate from 1879 until 1919?

5. In a commentary, the Drex said that the vassals/puppets/clients/tributaries have the same color as protectorates.

Last edited:
Shouldn’t there be a Jewish Madagascar (which was a popular suggestion for a Jewish homeland before the Holocaust) in the Lemuria section, and a Khanate of Sibir in the Siberia section?

Hun_2013

Banned
It's for Siena or "other Italian city-state".
Thanks for the reply. But I have six more questions:

1. And now? Do I use the colour of Siena or Trieste? (For the Free State of Fiume).

2. Was the British Raj a British colony? Because it appears as a signatory country in the Treaty of Versailles.

3. Was the Kingdom of Egypt independent from the United Kingdom?

4. When do I not paint a dominion with Darker Plus? When does he adopt the Statute of Westminster 1931? What if the dominion was created after the Statute of Westminster 1931? I paint with Darker Plus or not?

5. Was Afghanistan a British protectorate from 1879 until 1919?

6. In a commentary, the Drex said that the vassals/puppets/clients/tributaries have the same color as protectorates.

Last edited:
1. You could make a case for either. Trieste makes sense geographically, but Siena matches the scheme. There might also be a Balkan color that you could use for Fiume.
2. It's complicated. The India Office was more autonomous than the other colonies, but less so than the dominions.
3. It was a protectorate at first but was (relatively) independent by 1939.
4. Canada became a dominion in 1967, and Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa each separately before the world war, all three between 1900 and 1910 I think. The Statute of Westminster in 1931 grave them more autonomy and modified their relationships with the U.K. Ireland (the Irish Free State) was technically a dominion from 1922 until during/after the World War I think.
5. I think it really only became one after the war. Might be wrong though.
6. Ask him.

Hun_2013

Banned
1. You could make a case for either. Trieste makes sense geographically, but Siena matches the scheme. There might also be a Balkan color that you could use for Fiume.
2. It's complicated. The India Office was more autonomous than the other colonies, but less so than the dominions.
3. It was a protectorate at first but was (relatively) independent by 1939.
4. Canada became a dominion in 1967, and Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa each separately before the world war, all three between 1900 and 1910 I think. The Statute of Westminster in 1931 grave them more autonomy and modified their relationships with the U.K. Ireland (the Irish Free State) was technically a dominion from 1922 until during/after the World War I think.
5. I think it really only became one after the war. Might be wrong though.
6. Ask him.
1. I found a color in the Balkans section:
Italy 3.png

2. I'm going to put the British Raj as a British colony.
3. Egypt gained independence in 1922 and was vacated in 1936 with the Anglo-Egyptian Treaty (except for the Suez Canal), but the United Kingdom still had influence over Egypt. At the beginning of World War II, the United Kingdom reoccupied Egypt. At the end of the Second World War, United Kingdom vacated Egypt again. In 1953, Egypt became a republic. In 1956, the United Kingdom vacated the Suez Canal.
a) Canada became a dominion in 1867, not 1967.
b) Australia, New Zealand and South Africa became dominion in 1901, 1907 and 1910, respectively.
c) After the adoption of the Statute of Westminster for dominion, he gains full independence?
a) Are you referring to the Second Anglo-Afghan War?
b) The problem is that several maps do not put Afghanistan as a British protectorate:
Map of 1914 (The Blank Atlas):
1f01f49269235a232126ce892755688b5ff5ccb4.png

Map of territories that were already part of the British Empire (Wikipedia):
The_British_Empire.png

6. I asked him and he did not answer. Then I asked why he did not answer me, but he did not answer (again). Then he blocked me. The first time I was blocked, I created a new account on DeviantArt (Hun_2013, the old it was Davi_Gamer_2017). Explain to me, if possible, why he did not answer me.