DCS Revised: A Better Color Scheme

Which color should Hungary use in the DCSR?

• Dark teal (DCS)

Votes: 27 56.3%
  • Light teal (current DCSR)

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Brick red (NCS)

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters
As I promised:
1679795046818.png

Before I get to Melanesia (Papua will be horrendous), here's a topography and bathymetry patch. Now featuring shades for land below sea level, mountains up to 30km high, and oceans up to 30km deep, just in case.
1679823049286.png

Here's climate and biomes. I'm in need of ideas for fictional biomes to extend the list (for fantasy maps).
Some rather spontaneous ideas:
  • Non-water ice (dry ice, methane ice etc.)
  • Non-water "ocean"
  • Silicon-based biome(s)
  • maybe something subterranean?
  • Ultra-rainforest/Stormforest(?)
  • hot biomes (like on Capsica)
    • ultra-hot desert
    • hot savannah
    • hot forest biome/Xanophyll forest

1680773162733.png

Here's Melanesia, although I'm not sure what should be included in Melanesia: New Zealand is closer to Melanesia than Polynesia, while Fiji is closer to Tonga than Vanuatu and New Caledonia, so I personally think that New Zealand should be part of Melanesia and Fiji part of Polynesia, rather than the other way round that is usually used.

Here's Melanesia, although I'm not sure what should be included in Melanesia: New Zealand is closer to Melanesia than Polynesia, while Fiji is closer to Tonga than Vanuatu and New Caledonia, so I personally think that New Zealand should be part of Melanesia and Fiji part of Polynesia, rather than the other way round that is usually used.
Melanesia and Polynesia are ethnocultural groupings first and foremost, that's why they're like that.

Last edited:
1681372917608.png

Finally finished Polynesia (I haven't had much motivation to work on this lately), and this finishes Oceania. (Also, I moved Fiji to Polynesia). Next up is Africa. A full WIP will also be uploaded soon.