DBWI: What if the Germans didn't send troops to the USA?

Guten Tag

One of the most storied tales of our military in the Second Great War surprisingly did not take place in Europe but in North America. When Jake Featherston's Freedomite CSA invaded the USA and began on the madness that was 'population reduction', 250'000 German Soldiers were sent via a difficult passage to the front lines in Pennsylvania to bolster the beleaguered American Army, as a solidarity gesture of friendship by the Kaiserreich. Led by Field Marshall Erwin Rommel the Expeditionary Force remained in the USA for the duration of the War and even took part in the fall of Richmond, eventually the force grew to 600'000, thought it also took on local volunteers.

There is something romantic about the notion of young men travelling so far from their homes and the Reich to aid their American comrades that lends itself very well to legends of the US-Germany 'Special relationship'. But there have been criticisms of the move, it was certainly feel by some to be perverse to send perfectly good troops thousands of miles away when we still fighting the entente in France, Poland and Ukraine. I for one am glad that it was sent, not the least because while there my Grandfather met a Canadian women who became my Grandmother.

But what do you think?

OOC: a variation on TL 191.

Luath.