DBWI: What if the Franks invaded and conquered al-Andalus?

No that was El Campeador. It has been claimed that they were related in some way. Though that is difficult to believe as El Cid was an honourable soldier and El Campeador had no compunction about burning Muslim towns around their heads! To be fair, Christian as well, depending on whom was paying his wages at the time!

Some accounts I read say that he was the same person. Granted, they were pretty old . . .

I just saw on the news that there were multiple terrorist attacks in Gharnata Aljadida. Looks like the New Vikings terrorists did it again. Do you guys think New Andalus will now declare jihad on the Norse Kingdom?

I just saw on the news that there were multiple terrorist attacks in Gharnata Aljadida. Looks like the New Vikings terrorists did it again. Do you guys think New Andalus will now declare jihad on the Norse Kingdom?

This is politics, shouldn't it go to chat?

Anyways I don't think NA has the authority to declare jihad?

This is politics, shouldn't it go to chat?

Anyways I don't think NA has the authority to declare jihad?

Oh yes, another jihad against a proxy country for a shadowy terrorist organization that has no known headquarters! The caliph is a wise and intelligent individual who is well aware of the mistakes made in the past, and that is why he doesn't listen to every other over overzealous Jadidi's jihad protest.

Speaking of involvement, I second that we leave this for political chat. I see a future where this thread goes down hill very quickly.

Speaking of involvement, I second that we leave this for political chat. I see a future where this thread goes down hill very quickly.

Likewise. And I doubt they'll have to - the Norse will likely take care of the problem on prompting.

OOC: I doubt a jihad would be called - just a declaration of war. I mean, only loons IRL called for crusade against Iraq, it was just 'war'.

OOC: I'm starting to think that this Caliphate is like an Islamic Union except the "speaker" (Caliph) is actually a leader with political and temporal power.

OOC: Just what is the POD of this scenario anyway?

OOC: Islamic World . . . Wins more things, I guess, and switches places somewhat with the Christian world. But also Asia as a whole is more powerful toooooo?? We are discussing in universe if whether the Franks could launch an invasion of Al'Andalus, which was presumably not as difficult to conquer as even in OTL.

OOC: You know, I had no idea what you were referring to when I wrote my responses to this. I find this adaption distasteful.