DBWI: What if the Franco-American War never happened?

One of the smaller (but still significant) wars that made up the Early Napoleonic Era was the Franco-American War, a conflict lasting from 1798 to 1802 that ended the cooperation between the USA and France and also resulted with the American annexation of all French colonies in the New World. It also helped heal relations between the US and UK, which would become very important in the Great War. What if the Franco-American War never happened? Would the US and France be allies? And what about relations between the US and Britain.

The war pretty much spelled the very definant end to american ambitions in canada, sure we won the lousina territory and some islands, that helped but it cut off a pontentially useful path to wealth. That said the French/Haitian invasion of DC was one of the big factors that convinced Virginia to end slavery, we almost lost the capital to an army of former slaves and that convinced a whole lot of fence sitters that slavery was too dangerous to keep around.

Maryland, and other boarderstates followed suit, the deeper south responded by doubling down on the insistution which would end up causing the civil war.

Speaking of that the civil war probally doesn't happen, it was only with the almost complete disaster caused by the french invasion where militias humilated themselves that caused america to fix their milatary. With out that fix and organization america doesn't defeat mexico in the mexican american war, and we don't seize mexican territory. With out the new territory being closed off to slavery in the new territories the deep south doesn't rebel.

And 3 brutal years of doomed fighting doesn't happen, this also butterflies the Lincon presidency, which butterflies the Lee presidency.

I have got to say that Europe would look different than it does. The Kaiser holds everything from Kiel and Essen to Koinegsberg and Warsaw; and from Rostov along the Baltic coast to Turin along the Mediterranean.

Germany literally cuts Europe in two. That’s of course thanks to land gains in all three World Wars.

France: A mess. They might finally be figuring things out after two hundred years but I won’t hold my breath.

Britain: Got all nerdy. I think their manned lunar base begins operation shortly after the new year.

Russia (or what’s left of it) in ruins after America dropped the bomb on them during WW2.

A more liberal France would definitely change how Europe and the world would develope.

I have got to say that Europe would look different than it does. The Kaiser holds everything from Kiel and Essen to Koinegsberg and Warsaw; and from Rostov along the Baltic coast to Turin along the Mediterranean.

Germany literally cuts Europe in two. That’s of course thanks to land gains in all three World Wars.

France: A mess. They might finally be figuring things out after two hundred years but I won’t hold my breath.

Britain: Got all nerdy. I think their manned lunar base begins operation shortly after the new year.

Russia (or what’s left of it) in ruins after America dropped the bomb on them during WW2.

A more liberal France would definitely change how Europe and the world would develope.

To this day the prussians are still kicking themselves for not taking that crown, just because it was offered to them by peasants....

Now their a has been country with delusions of grander and Austria now Germany is one of the great powers of the world.

Idiots.

So true about Prussia. Didn’t help that the Vasas in the Polish Lithuanian commonwealth hated Prussians with a passion. That hatred was one of the few unifying factors the commonwealth had.

By the way; I think it would doubtful that we (America) would have still gotten the Haitian and Dominican Island, and Corsica. Maybe new Lousiana, but I doubt it. It’s thanks to those gains that America is the power house it is. America is only rivaled by the Kaiser and the British Empire.

So true about Prussia. Didn’t help that the Vasas in the Polish Lithuanian commonwealth hated Prussians with a passion. That hatred was one of the few unifying factors the commonwealth had.

By the way; I think it would doubtful that we (America) would have still gotten the Haitian and Dominican Island, and Corsica. Maybe new Lousiana, but I doubt it. It’s thanks to those gains that America is the power house it is. America is only rivaled by the Kaiser and the British Empire.

are you talking about New Corsica or the old Corisca? Because we have the island in the atlantic by the same name but the one near italy not so much.

As for us, I don't think any american wants to deal with the cost in blood and treasure that being the world police man comes with it, we make a whole lot more money acting as their silent partner.