DBWI: What if the Bourbon-Habsburg Revolution never accurred?

What if the Bourbons never retreated to The Austrian Netherlands, and re-invaded Revolutionary France, which caused Napoleon to Retreat and Start the Habsburg part of the revolution? This caused the Spainards and Austrians to dissapear from the map, and caused the situation the would fire WWI.

Heres a map of what Europe looked like weeks after the North Africa Crisis:

1836.png

OOC: North African Crisis? I don't see any reason for a Crisis.

IC: Having to speculate about two events so separate from each other is difficult. Supposing the Bourbons don't return and decapitate literally the Directory then I would suppose that the sky is the limit. With Napoleon leading the charge against Austria and Spain. I don't see why he couldn't everything including the Russians. Prussia at this point is just an army with a state attached instead of the superpower they are today so methinks it is possible for Napoleon to lead Republican France to continental victory.

OOC: North African Crisis? I don't see any reason for a Crisis.

IC: Having to speculate about two events so separate from each other is difficult. Supposing the Bourbons don't return and decapitate literally the Directory then I would suppose that the sky is the limit. With Napoleon leading the charge against Austria and Spain. I don't see why he couldn't everything including the Russians. Prussia at this point is just an army with a state attached instead of the superpower they are today so methinks it is possible for Napoleon to lead Republican France to continental victory.

Hopefully the Americans or the British would find a way to despose of such a threat.

Hopefully the Americans or the British would find a way to despose of such a threat.

Hmm, I doubt it. The British have always been renowned for their non-interventionism in the continent; if they didn't assist the Bourbons when the revolution was actually occurring, they wouldn't assist the Habsburgs (as history shows). You'd have to get the Brits to be a lot more interventionist. Same with the Americans, really. I think your best bet would be to make the Russian intervention more successful. I mean, all the Russian army needed was a little inspiration and organization to crush the Franco-Austrian Revolutionary Army at Leipzig. Maybe you could even throw in more German Confederation support, or even Swedish support!

Wasn't Napoleon on friendly terms with the young American republic? After all he considered himself a revolutionary spreading republicanism and democracy on the European Continent.