DBWI - What if Khalid Sheik Mohammed Had been Waterboarded?

One o f the more shocking revelations of the so-called CIA interrogation memos was the refusal by then President Gore to authorize “enhanced” interrogation methods against Khalid Sheik Mohammed when he had fallen into our hands during the Great Raid on Al Qaeda headquarters soon after 9/11. We now know that KSM knew in advance of the “second wave” attack that took place on the night of March 24th, 2002, when a group of Pakistani Al Qaeda took control of a Singapore Air 747 and crashed it into the Kodiak Theater in Hollywood during the night of the Academy Awards. A great majority of A list actors, directors, and producers were killed, almost eliminating the Hollywood film industry.

What if President Gore has gone ahead and authorized, say, water boarding? Would he have avoided impeachment the following year after the nuclear bombing of Waziristan? What would the film industry be like? It’s now centered in Florida and Seattle. My suspicion Is that such patriotic films such as The Sands of Khandahar and Battle Hymn would have still been made, but with bigger name actors.

What do you think?

I don't think pouring water over a cold blooded fanatic like that would make any difference. The Gore administration lagged behind installing good doors on airplanes.

I think we should have made some real effort to interrogate, rather than just leaving the schmuck in solitary for days on end. The Israelis probably would have some good techniques. As my Grandpa served in the Pacific, and my Dad in 'Nam, they taught me to believe that pain is an acceptable method of acquiring information when lives are at stake.

After the impeachment and removal President Lieberman wasted no time in nominating McCain as VP, which at the time was seen as a ploy to stop anymore backlash against the administration. Ironically, the two developed a good relationship, and that's what led Joe to become the first non aligned President.

But Al Gore would only have shot off a few cruise missiles!!! said:
the Great Raid on Al Qaeda headquarters soon after 9/11

OOC: So, I guess this is Bush/Cheneyese for, "I know I've always said Algore would only ever have shot off a few cruise missiles at Afghanistan if he'd been prez on 9/11, that he would never have invaded the enemy's homeland; but not having some US military presence in Kabul or Tora Bora doesn't work for a TL where KSM falls into out hands; ergo Delta Force and the SEALS get to mount a raid into those shitholes anyway in this TL. Probably over the objections of the cowardly Sore Loserman officials."

But seriously, who the hell is going to advocate what even John McCain calls torture in a TL where the psychos like Yoo aren't making policy?

The same people saying Gore should be impeached for not invading Iraq in response to Al Quaeda's outrages?

One o f the more shocking revelations of the so-called CIA interrogation memos was the refusal by then President Gore to authorize “enhanced” interrogation methods against Khalid Sheik Mohammed when he had fallen into our hands during the Great Raid on Al Qaeda headquarters soon after 9/11. We now know that KSM knew in advance of the “second wave” attack that took place on the night of March 24th, 2002, when a group of Pakistani Al Qaeda took control of a Singapore Air 747 and crashed it into the Kodiak Theater in Hollywood during the night of the Academy Awards. A great majority of A list actors, directors, and producers were killed, almost eliminating the Hollywood film industry.

What if President Gore has gone ahead and authorized, say, water boarding? Would he have avoided impeachment the following year after the nuclear bombing of Waziristan? What would the film industry be like? It’s now centered in Florida and Seattle. My suspicion Is that such patriotic films such as The Sands of Khandahar and Battle Hymn would have still been made, but with bigger name actors.

What do you think?
The Religious Right would not have been dancing in the streets. Fascist, nutcase bastards.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

OOC: So, I guess this is Bush/Cheneyese for, "I know I've always said Algore would only ever have shot off a few cruise missiles at Afghanistan if he'd been prez on 9/11, that he would never have invaded the enemy's homeland; but not having some US military presence in Kabul or Tora Bora doesn't work for a TL where KSM falls into out hands; ergo Delta Force and the SEALS get to mount a raid into those shitholes anyway in this TL. Probably over the objections of the cowardly Sore Loserman officials."

But seriously, who the hell is going to advocate what even John McCain calls torture in a TL where the psychos like Yoo aren't making policy?

The same people saying Gore should be impeached for not invading Iraq in response to Al Quaeda's outrages?

You have to admit that the Iraqi nuclear test in Anbar Province in 2006 was a wakeup call.

mowque

Banned
I've never been a fan of torture. The information you get out of it is always terrible and low quality. I'm still happy I voted for Gore...

You have to admit that the Iraqi nuclear test in Anbar Province in 2006 was a wakeup call.

Well that was the natural response towards the opening of US and Iranian relations, and the liberalization of Iranian politics. Iraq was threatened by the growing friendship between the United States and Iran had resorted towards buying a black market Pakistani Nuke.

OCC: Honestly, how could Iraq produce a working nuclear weapon by 2006. They didn't even have a functioning nuclear program in 2003, how would they magically create a multi billion dollar set of infrastructure and get it up to speed with in 3 years inorder produce a working device. Oh wait I forgot, Saddam hid his entire WMD program in Syria. :rolleyes:

Yes, but we should have expected it after France and Germany effectively joined the Axis of Evil in 2005, and agreed to supply nuclear material to Iraq, Iran and Venezuela, in return for cheap oil.

OOC: Sorry, but this thread is reading more like satire, or lunatic rightwing nut jobbery than AH, and two can play at that game.

I think we should have made some real effort to interrogate, rather than just leaving the schmuck in solitary for days on end. The Israelis probably would have some good techniques. As my Grandpa served in the Pacific, and my Dad in 'Nam, they taught me to believe that pain is an acceptable method of acquiring information when lives are at stake.

After the impeachment and removal President Lieberman wasted no time in nominating McCain as VP, which at the time was seen as a ploy to stop anymore backlash against the administration. Ironically, the two developed a good relationship, and that's what led Joe to become the first non aligned President.

Well lets look at it this way, Waterboarding was always going to be the last resort.

The basic idea of interrogation techniques doesn't just involve solitary, it involves minor dehydration and lack of food, it also involves screeching white noise and stress positions for hours on end in an attempt to break the subject. If this doesn't break a subject then more extreme measures will have to be taken. Thus we get to water boarding. It's not actually harmful, but is a good simulation of drowning without actually bringing the subject to permanent harm.

Deleted member 5719

Yes, but we should have expected it after France and Germany effectively joined the Axis of Evil in 2005, and agreed to supply nuclear material to Iraq, Iran and Venezuela, in return for cheap oil.

This has nothing to do with Gore, the Islamic revolution in France was an inevitable consequence of their abject failure to instill Christian Values in their political system, if Gore had been re-elected the US would have gone the same way. That's a mistake President Limbaugh won't make in a hurry.

As an aside, I wonder what would've happened if he'd never been born again? Could The Rapture have been postponed?