DBWI: What if he doesn't allow presidential re-election in the United States?

As you know, since George Washington sought a second term in 1792, almost all presidents have sought re-election, for example Jefferson, Cleveland, Wilson, Roosevelt, Reagan, Clinton, etc.

How different would it be if presidents could not seek a second term? who would have been presidents? (proposals?)

(OOC: A Double Back What-It means that you propose the question under the premise that our history had gone differently but are proposing our reality as the "hypothetical" situation. For example, "what would happen if the American Revolution had been successful" would be a DBWI. Your question is an interesting one but not a a DBWI. What if Presidents couldn't seek a second term isn't DBWI because they can seek a second term.)

I expect that this would give slightly more influence to Congress as they're rotating out of office less often than the President. I also think it might be possible that this might result in more presidents reentered Congress after their term as they'll be comparatively younger than if they'd served two terms, but that's just speculation.

OOC: Indeed, a DBWI is supposed to take the perspective of a timeline where something that happened IOTL didn't. So, if you meant "DBWI: What if Washington Ran for a Second Term?" then that would be fine, but this is confusing.

(OOC: A Double Back What-It means that you propose the question under the premise that our history had gone differently but are proposing our reality as the "hypothetical" situation. For example, "what would happen if the American Revolution had been successful" would be a DBWI. Your question is an interesting one but not a a DBWI. What if Presidents couldn't seek a second term isn't DBWI because they can seek a second term.)

That's Double-Blind What-If, I'm pretty sure, but otherwise this.