DBWI: The Worst Sequels Ever Made

So, what're everyone's least favorite sequels?

Personally, I thought Hollywood really crossed the line with Gone With the Wind II. A razzie-sweep like that 1997 catastrophe doesn't come every year, after all.

And don't get me started on the Peter Jackson egotistical disaster that was Lord of the Rings IV: Gollum's Revenge.

Terminator V: Resurrection was craptastic, too. It was so bad they had to get James Cameron to make Terminator IV: Brave New World to sort that s*** out. Did a beautiful job of it, too. :) The idea of Terminators and Humans on the same side against the rogue peoples and machines wound up being absolutely awesome.

jurassic park IV:the ice age where can i start with this? it was horrible i mean really ice age creatures that came back to life after being warmed up by global warming, it was just another environmental disaster movie.

Oh God, Star Wars VII-IX were some of the worst movies ever! I don't see how anyone could screw up the Thrawn Trilogy that badly! Lucas should have done it himself, at least it would have been better...

Don't even get me started on Batman Triumphant; I don't know how Schumacher convinced the studio to let him make another Batman movie after the utter train wreck that was Batman and Robin, and it says something about his skill as a director that he managed to make another Batman movie so terrible it made Batman and Robin look like a cinematic masterpiece.

Why did he have to add a codpiece to go along with the rubber nipples on the batsuit? WHY?

Don't even get me started on Batman Triumphant; I don't know how Schumacher convinced the studio to let him make another Batman movie after the utter train wreck that was Batman and Robin, and it says something about his skill as a director that he managed to make another Batman movie so terrible it made Batman and Robin look like a cinematic masterpiece.

Why did he have to add a codpiece to go along with the rubber nipples on the batsuit? WHY?

because codpeices are awsome?........

gotta be Bubba Nosferatu.

Bubba Ho-tep was good...in the campy sort of way, But Nosferatu was crap.

(OOC: don't get it? : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubba_Ho-Tep)

Oh I know!

The Land Before Time LIX: Planet of the Apes/ which was an absolutely retarded movie on a series that never seems to die.

Final Fantasy XXX: Need I say more?

Oh, and before I forget: Pokemon the Movie 7th Heaven.

Arg @ Oversequeled Crap.

Also, insert Disney References here: Aladdin IV: InGenieity; 104 Dalmatians, Snow White and Jet Black, The New Groove's Kronk, Peter Pan Above the Stars, Beauty and the Beast--Secrets of the Dark Fairy, and Dumbo: Supersonic.

It wouldn't have been as bad if they hadn't insisted in putting Bernie mac in it. I mean seriously they fucking turned the guy into a marionette.

What made it so terrible in my opinion was having George Clooney play Danny Ocean AND some washed up former attorney named Michael Clayton.

How can you guys not have mentioned the mother of them all? The single most crap-tastic sequel to have even been concieved by mortal minds?

Five simple words, gentlemen: Nosferatu Part Two: Electric Boogaloo

Maybe I'm out on a limb here, but I thought Titanic II was pushing it.

I mean, really, Rose as a nurse on the Britannic? And Jack's brother randomly showing up on a BRITISH hospital ship made it even more ASB-seeming.

That was riddiculous.

But what was more riddiculous was Angelina Jolie playing Rose and Brad Pitt playing Rick Dawson.

At least that scene with the two on the operating table made it worth it JUST a little bit...

What about Rocky XII? I mean, I liked I-VII, but then they start to get old. XII was definitely the worst though. I think it was the whole Steve Martin thing that really killed it.

Leprechaun... in Washington, I guess "da Hood" was no longer available after two sequels.

Jaws V: Retribution, now not only did the shark have it out for the Brodies, it actually walked onto land... it was a land shark! I heard Spielberg openly weeps if anyone mentions this movie to him.

Pluto Nash 2... the less said the better... *shivers*

And who can forget Dino De Laurentis' King Kong vs. Orca?? I mean seriously, this was the reason WHY Peter Jackson was never allowed to remake King Kong, and he seemed so passionate about the subject.

"It wasn't the Planes... it was a silly Italian B-movie Director, and his killer whale, that killed the Beast".

And who can forget Dino De Laurentis' King Kong vs. Orca?? I mean seriously, this was the reason WHY Peter Jackson was never allowed to remake King Kong, and he seemed so passionate about the subject.

"It wasn't the Planes... it was a silly Italian B-movie Director, and his killer whale, that killed the Beast".

But the poster made it look so great it dragged me into the worst 2 1/2 hours of my life.;)

kong.jpg

Last edited:
Also, insert Disney References here: Aladdin IV: InGenieity; 104 Dalmatians, Snow White and Jet Black, The New Groove's Kronk, Peter Pan Above the Stars, Beauty and the Beast--Secrets of the Dark Fairy, and Dumbo: Supersonic.

OOC: Please, don't even joke about that. The Rat will do 'em, I fucking swear. :mad: :rolleyes:

IC: Godfather IV, hands down. GIII was insult enough. Making IV, with Bruckheimer behind it no less...Ugh. It's a miracle Joe Pesci's career survived it. Alas poor Andy Garcia, however.