DBWI: Sega-Philips partnership in the early 90s

I’ve heard that Philips, after getting rebuffed by Nintendo, entered talks with Sega in 1992 about producing a CD-ROM add-on for their Mega Drive, but ultimately decided to go solo with the CD-i, which became a failure, which leaves me wondering.

What if Sega teamed up with Philips in the early 90s to battle against Nintendo and Sony? How would that happen? How would that affect Nintendo and Sony? How would that affect Apple and their buyout of Sega? What consoles might’ve came out of this partnership? How would that change Sega and Philips? And what would happen to the CD-i?

OOC: This takes place in RySenkari and Nivek’s Player Two Start TL.

Last edited:
I’ve heard that Philips, after getting rebuffed by Nintendo, entered talks with Sega in 1992 about producing a CD-ROM add-on for their Mega Drive, but ultimately decided to go solo with the CD-i, which became a failure, which leaves me wondering.

What if Sega teamed up with Philips in the early 90s to battle against Nintendo and Sony? How would that happen? How would that affect Nintendo and Sony? How would that affect Apple and their buyout of Sega? What consoles might’ve came out of this partnership? How would that change Sega and Philips? And what would happen to the CD-i?

OOC: This takes place in RySenkari and Nivek’s Player Two Start TL.
If that were to happen, what will become of Sonic CD?