DBWI: Season finale of game of empires

I also heard they cast this great actor as a German corporal in the front lines so we can assume that they are giving importance to the actual war this season than the political Drama. Else it is a waste of his talent
Didn’t they hire him for like 2 more seasons though? He might be unimportant right now but I imagine that latter on he might have a bigger role to play, which I hope will make better use of his talents.
By the way, do you know why they hired this guy:
upload_2019-6-26_7-39-35.jpeg

I get that he’s a good actor (even if he is an underrated name one) but what’s the point of his character, he’s in exile in Siberia, so it’s not like he tells us much about what’s going on in Russia, and none of his writings seem to be getting published, so what’s the point of his charecter?

Didn’t they hire him for like 2 more seasons though? He might be unimportant right now but I imagine that latter on he might have a bigger role to play, which I hope will make better use of his talents.
View attachment 468128
I get that he’s a good actor (even if he is an underrated name one) but what’s the point of his character, he’s in exile in Siberia, so it’s not like he tells us much about what’s going on in Russia, and none of his writings seem to be getting published, so what’s the point of his charecter?
Oh I never knew that he was hired for 2 seasons. That's definitely something interesting.

I don't recognise this guy can you tell any of his previous work. But he has the look of a dictator though

View attachment 468128
Probably trying to cram in another cameo...

While I've enjoyed the show the one thing I fear the most is a reboot, like with Star Trek. I've heard rumours that "Game of Empires - Next Generation" would probably play out the Great War thing, but with better special effects, longer running time (6 seasons instead of 5), but in more young-adult oriented fashion. Ie. clear good guys - bad guys, supervillains, superweapons, lightning campaigns etc.

I heard the writers may do something with the Roosevelt character. He's been built up so much at this point, and I am really starting to dislike the Wilson fellow.

Oh I never knew that he was hired for 2 seasons. That's definitely something interesting.

I don't recognise this guy can you tell any of his previous work. But he has the look of a dictator though
I don’t remember the names but he was in a few comedies, and he also played the main role in Payday (his character in this show having previously been a bank robber to help fund revolutionary activity was a bit of a nod to that). He’s a seriously underrated actor, and I wish the show would give him a bigger role instead of having him imprisoned and later exiled after that big robbery in Tiflis, as his charecter was actully pretty intresting before he got sidelined.

Last edited:
I don’t remember the names but he was in a few comedies, and he also played the main role in Payday (his charecter in this show having previously been a bank robber to help fund revolutionary activity was a bit of a nod to that). He’s a seriously underrated actor, and I wish the show would give him a bigger role instead of having him imprisoned and later exiled after that big robbery in Tiflis, as his charecter was actully pretty intresting before he got sidelined.
Hmm a guy who played robber huh. Interesting

Upcoming War has me a little worried. There hasn't been a major war in Europe for over 40 years, technology has improved faster than tactics. Combine that with the stubbornness of Europe's leadership and we could see huge numbers of dead.

View attachment 468128
He is supposed to be a low-level revolutionary. If a revolution happens in Russia, with Nicholas II in charge that is a distinct possibility, he could rise in the ranks due to his competence and hard work.

Ok, the series have finally started and it did start with a bang. What do you think of the ultimatum sent by the Austrians to Serbia. Were they unreasonable and unrealistc? I mean, would such a thing be accepted in our world?

Wonder if we see that character Winston Churchill going off to an adventure again just like the season with the Boer war.

Ok, the series have finally started and it did start with a bang. What do you think of the ultimatum sent by the Austrians to Serbia. Were they unreasonable and unrealistc? I mean, would such a thing be accepted in our world?

Come on, the writers show that they have no knowledge about politics in doing that. Like Russia is going to support Serbia over that or that Germany would be willing to support Austria over a provocation like that. Austria IRL would ask for the men behind the assassination and Serbia would hand them over.

Am I the only one to find the history of the Third Republic in France absurd?
They have at their beginning a royalist majority after the defeat of the empire but they are defeated by the republicans. Then this Third Republic knows crisis after crisis with General Boulanger*, the Panama scandal, the Fashosa incident and the Dreyfus affair but the regime manages to hold on without more problems than that? I have the feeling that France in this series serves as a "republican quota" in Europe by taking up the imaginary of the French revolution but I find it really anachronistic. I think that the writers have botched France in this series and it's a pity many people have noticed it in my country.

*OK, the case of Boulanger is not the fault of the writers, they couldn't have known that the actor was going to die. I think his death left a void and the writers didn't know what to do with the France. That's why the character presented as a new Napoleon is so quickly dispatched with yet an ininteresting story. Instead he goes to Belgium and commits suicide on the grave of his mistress! It's so romantic-dramatic that it rubs off with the rest of the series.

Last edited: