DBWI: Scramble for africa?

Mozambique...WTF?
No Zanzibar?
That's one stupid book. If the Europeans had set their minds to it they coudl have conquered the Africans with the diseases being a bigger problem then the tribespeople yet but Zanzibar?
Too many nations had a interest there for one to take it over.

Hold on... I'm confused here... You said that in this history the European powers divided up Africa, but your crazy map shows independent nations. What's going on??

I can see about 45 states that don't make sense. What's with Uber South Africa? Blacks and Whites living together? :eek: Or are there no Afrikaners left?

What are these places? Mali? Chad? Malawi? Gabon? :confused:

This is ASB!

Right, I'm sure a "Democratic Republic" would be able to hold in the heart of Africa. Plausible... :rolleyes: Who the hell named these countries anyway? J.D. Fage... what was he thinking? I'm guessing "Côte d'Ivoire" is French, "Sierra Leone" is Italian, "Chad" is British, "Cameroon" is Dutch? Wow, look at "Senegal" and "The Gambia..." What a disaster!

I can see about 45 states that don't make sense. What's with Uber South Africa? Blacks and Whites living together? :eek: Or are there no Afrikaners left?

What are these places? Mali? Chad? Malawi? Gabon? :confused:

This is ASB!

Oh yeah......I'm guessing this world is far more insanely dystopian, with nations invading and butchering each other at the tip of a hat...more so....:(

Hey, I was looking over, and there seems to be some sort of Abyssinia. Ethiopia it's called. I wonder if in that timeline Haile Selassie III is in power? Ethiopia is the only decent country besides the Frei Staat and Algeria in Africa.

I wonder if Algeria is part of France or an independent country. It's hard to tell from the map.

Here is how colonization happened in the book. Interesting to say the least.
africa_colonies.gif

That's one strange map. Niger and Nigeria? Two Congos--and their respective capitals just opposite the river from each other? What was the author smoking?

According To....

According to the book Rise of A Black Empire by George S. Schuyler, the rise of the "Black Internationale" by Dr. Henry Belsidius was able to transcend the tribal differences in 1937-1938 in his bid to unify the continent, mainly due to the lack of interference from intereference by German, French, British, italian, and American forces. Who can imagine a World War II without the Black Internationale Revolutionary Guard (BIRG)?

According to the book Rise of A Black Empire by George S. Schuyler, the rise of the "Black Internationale" by Dr. Henry Belsidius was able to transcend the tribal differences in 1937-1938 in his bid to unify the continent, mainly due to the lack of interference from intereference by German, French, British, italian, and American forces. Who can imagine a World War II without the Black Internationale Revolutionary Guard (BIRG)?

What that was a total joke. The Black Internationale was mostly a pr stunt and the organization found little favor outside of territories under defacto french control "the sub saharan protectorates of Morroco and Algeirs"