DBWI: Ronald Reagan never becomes the CEO of the Walt Disney Company.

GeographyDude

Gone Fishin'
What?! You thought it was unrealistic? I saw it completely plausible!
The people were great. They mainly focused on the family wth two sons and three daughters and how the siblings interacted as adults. But the politics and society . . .

Schools don’t become equal in the 1980s, in fact, they painted a picture of them becoming more unequal ? ?

Congress doesn’t get around to updating the thresholds on overtime pay, for like decades ? ? So, you have some people working 70 hours a week, and other people having trouble finding jobs.

And then good government Republicans find electoral success by scapegoating against Mexican workers ! ? !

Just not believeable. I had to really work hard at suspending disbelief to focus on the family and social aspects.

Last edited:
The people were great. They mainly focused on the family wth two sons and three daughters and how their lives intertwined as adults. But the politics and society . . .

Schools don’t become equal in the 1980s, in fact, they painted a picture of becoming more unequal.

Congress doesn’t get around to updating the thresholds on overtime pay, for like decades. So, you have some people working 70 hours a week, and other people having trouble finding jobs.

And then the good government Republicans found success by scapegoating against Mexican workers!

Just not believeable. I had to really work at suspending disbelief to focus on the family and social aspects.
Dude. That's crazy. I found it to be an actual pretty plausible timeline. Maybe even more plausible than the one about George H.W Bush's son becoming President.